2019 Russian Ladies World Team Selection

Heh, I told you so. They choosed media darling. Glorious, Rus fed. Alina bombs her programs so now you will try with Med to get medal?

And sorry guys, but since when Rus fed care about tickets in JAPAN. Especially when (I think) most tickets are already sold out.

6 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Heh, I told you so. They choosed media darling. Glorious, Rus fed. Alina bombs her programs so now you will try with Med to get medal?

And sorry guys, but since when Rus fed care about tickets in JAPAN. Especially when (I think) most tickets are already sold out.

"Since when do they care about selling tickets for an event where Yuzuru is going to compete ?" is more correct :giggle:

9 minutes ago, Paskud said:

So who wants to bet that Med will be at worlds podium?

Well, to be fair the  big feds aren't exactly in the best of spots either. I think after the JPN ladies, the rest are really a toss-up.

1 minute ago, wpisces said:

What are you expecting ? Drama or what :popcorn:

Narration about "returning champion". And highest PCS in competition. Judges love drama and narration.

Oh, and maybe Quality ArtistTM competing against ugly jumpers. But that rather will be next season.

Maybe it’s us fans’ fault that Liza was not chosen. Fed and Media like drama because it can attract fans and bring them money. Now more people will watch ladies’ worlds because they want to know how Med will do. They are prepared to stage a big show for fans, where Med is the absolute star actress. Fans care a lot more about Med than Liza, so choosing Med will please fans. 

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

I honestly think they chose Medvedeva just because she can sell more tickets. Sadly figure skating has turned into a popularity contest/reality show/circus, whatever you call it. I find it hard to keep calling it a sport.

A world championship in Japan never need Evgenia to sell ticket, especially when their ladies are so strong this year. A japanese sweep is not too far of a reach. 

Now thats Evgenia goes to wc, I hope she and her team would fix those stsq, especially the SP. Its so messy at RCF