[TW] Sexual Abuse & Misconduct in Figure Skating

9 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Honestly, only white male boomers would have the gall and the stupidity to keep defending himself like this. Ewwwww.

I think he's failing to understand that, even if he doesn't agree with the 'moralizing minister' excuse me while I roll my eyes at his BS, or think that he's in any way to blame, he has a responsibility to take action. And since he either didn't take action, or his actions were so ineffective they allowed problems to continue, then he needs to admit he's not doing the job he's paid to do and should step down. 

‘There was no protection network’.   Art of stating the b****ing obvious - well why not put one in place then M. President?  Perhaps the inconvenience it would cause those who were keeping him in place all these years.

unbelievable DidierG still hopes to get away with decades of wrongdoings... but also expected, he wouldn't have lasted this long in charge without being a shameless master manipulator used to worm his own way out.

I don't see how he can escape, but till he isn't gone for real and like, banned for life from any rink (together with his "friends"), I'll keep fearing everything will just stay the same.

At this point, I not only want him to go but ALSO to reveal whatever skeletons he has been stashing in his closets all these years, because they must be some truly damning skeletons if he managed to last till now in spite of everything (to the point he still feels that he can somehow save his backside). It probably goes beyond France FS, given his influence within ISU. He looks like the kind of man who would rather sink the whole ship and make everyone drown with him instead of peacefully stepping away (his refusal to resign kind of proves this). Exposing how rotten his peers are would actually be something I would thank him for

But one step at a time. First, hoping that french skating can get rid of him (and of those he covered/who covered him) for good and be in the care of people with a conscience:fingerscrossed:

Also, we have further confirmation (if it was even needed) that Cipres truly did what Brennan reported. I remember how french fed threw shade on her reporting not so long ago:dry:

32 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

He looks like the kind of man who would rather sink the whole ship and make everyone drown with him instead of peacefully stepping away (his refusal to resign kind of proves this).

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if he did it.

Possibly the reason he's lashing out is because he doesn't have any other resort. I suspect that in the past, he's been able to use whatever skeletons he may have known about to full advantage. the fact that he is instead calling the Minister for Sport names just tells me he doesn't have any dirt on her that he can use. 

Anyway, it's easy to opine. Who knows what the real reality is. Except for this: if he truly cared about FFSG, instead of his own hide, he'd resign, even if he were truly as innocent of wrong doing* as he claims to be, and here's why: no one has any confidence in his ability to do the job any more. Time to let fresh blood in, so that the federation can recover and move forward. 

It's exactly the same as running a minority government in Parliament, and failing a confidence vote - you just don't have any other choice but to call an election. 

*I obviously don't think he is, but just for the sake of argument

More and more people are speaking out, now the whole affair from the Nice skating club and the coach Katia Gentelet (who coached Lecavelier for some time) came out to the press. Seriously, don't read if you are too sensitive. It's detailed and sickening. Gentelet was accused of moral harassment, and parents sued her and the club for mistreatment toward children. And they say Gailhaguet covered this for a long time before doing someting and suspending her.