Team we're fewer but still good!

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Paskud said:

interview with Alexia about her split with Stephane

the only thing I could understand was Strategie😅

https://www.suedostschweiz.ch/sendungen/2021-07-20/zu-besuch-bei-alexia-paganini

Rough deepl transalation:

Gheorghe Chiper. He has been on the ice twice at the Olympic Games, the first Romanian skater to get a medal at a Grand Prix competition and an eight-time Romanian champion. For a little over a month, the 43-year-old has been Alexia Paganini's new coach. Alexia: "I chose him because I saw how he works with his other students and I like his philosophy and strategy with which he works with his skaters. That is the main reason. We had a couple of trial lessons and we agreed a lot on the strategy. We both think pretty similarly in terms of skating strategy" (in German: läuferische Strategie). A year ago, the 19-year-old came to Switzerland. But there to the Valais to two-time world champion Stephane Lambiel. A month ago, she announced on social media that she was no longer working with the 36-year-old. Alexia: "Stephane and I parted on good terms and everything between us is good. We just didn't necessarily agree on a few things, in terms of skating strategy. That had nothing to do with him and nothing to do with me, we just didn't agree. We didn't have the same strategy to get to the same goal. We have had the same goal but have disagreed on the way to get there." Even though Alexia Paganini has not been calling Zurich her new home for long, she has already returned to full training. The new season starts in just over two months. Alexia: "So far the training is good, it's a bit challenging because I have to be ready much earlier, the season starts already in September. But so far it's going well. I'm doing a lot of stamina training and cardio. I'm happy with how it's going so far and I'm looking forward to skating more." The season starts on September 22 with the Nebelhorn Trophy in Oberstdorf. However, it is not only the season opener for the 19-year-old with roots in Bünden (Swiss region), but also a very important competition for one reason in particular. Alexia: "The next goal is the big main goal, that I qualify for the Olympic Games in September at the Nebelhorn Trophy. And after that I think we will see how it goes and what results I can achieve. But right now that's the main goal, and then during the season we'll set more goals."  The Beijing Olympics would be the second for the dual Swiss-American. In 2018 in Pyeongchang she finished 21st. 

52 minutes ago, birnasan said:

Gheorghe Chiper. He has been on the ice twice at the Olympic Games, the first Romanian skater to get a medal at a Grand Prix competition and an eight-time Romanian champion. For a little over a month, the 43-year-old has been Alexia Paganini's new coach. Alexia: "I chose him because I saw how he works with his other students and I like his philosophy and strategy with which he works with his skaters. That is the main reason. We had a couple of trial lessons and we agreed a lot on the strategy. We both think pretty similarly in terms of skating strategy" (in German: läuferische Strategie). A year ago, the 19-year-old came to Switzerland. But there to the Valais to two-time world champion Stephane Lambiel. A month ago, she announced on social media that she was no longer working with the 36-year-old. Alexia: "Stephane and I parted on good terms and everything between us is good. We just didn't necessarily agree on a few things, in terms of skating strategy. That had nothing to do with him and nothing to do with me, we just didn't agree. We didn't have the same strategy to get to the same goal. We have had the same goal but have disagreed on the way to get there." Even though Alexia Paganini has not been calling Zurich her new home for long, she has already returned to full training. The new season starts in just over two months. Alexia: "So far the training is good, it's a bit challenging because I have to be ready much earlier, the season starts already in September. But so far it's going well. I'm doing a lot of stamina training and cardio. I'm happy with how it's going so far and I'm looking forward to skating more." The season starts on September 22 with the Nebelhorn Trophy in Oberstdorf. However, it is not only the season opener for the 19-year-old with roots in Bünden (Swiss region), but also a very important competition for one reason in particular. Alexia: "The next goal is the big main goal, that I qualify for the Olympic Games in September at the Nebelhorn Trophy. And after that I think we will see how it goes and what results I can achieve. But right now that's the main goal, and then during the season we'll set more goals."  The Beijing Olympics would be the second for the dual Swiss-American. In 2018 in Pyeongchang she finished 21st. 

Oh God, Swiss German is difficult to understand! Thanks for the translation! :) 

1 hour ago, birnasan said:

thank you!

• 3 weeks later...