General Yuzuru Chat

I'm not against him doing 4A. I just really really hope his gorgeous 3A doesn't get affected. His 3A did give me trauma this season. It's not easy to see his 3A went from the most reliable jump to the jump which gave me anxiety everytime he jumps it and got less points than Kolyada, Shoma, even Nathan's. He used to be the one who has the best 3A with great success rate on it. This season he hasn't yet jumped any perfect 3A, either (a bit) shaky landing ( lean forward) or pop and fall. 

28 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Speaking of bringing back LGC, I think it's a BRILLIANT idea though seems unlikely.

But seriously, can anyone imagine he do a short by using the similar Rock-ish music?!!!

Like 70s Bohemia Rhapsody by Queen or 80s Oasis?!!!

If he is lurking in this forum, please just listen to British rock!!!

:knc_yuzu1:

Just imagine:  " We are the Champions" ... "I consider it a challenge before the whole human race.  And I ain't gonna lose"

Well that's sure him. :winner:

Or the currently totally appropriate:  "I Want It All"

"Listen all you people, come gather round
I gotta get me a game plan, gotta shake you to the ground
Just give me what I know is mine,
People do you hear me, just give me the sign,
It ain't much I'm asking, if you want the truth
Here's to the future for the dreams of youth,
I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now,

I'm a man with a one track mind,
So much to do in one life time (people do you hear me)
Not a man for compromise and where's and why's and living lies. "

Could be written for him....

Would love for him to dance to "I was born to love you"... So upbeat or "Love of my life" so mournful.  How about "Tie your mother down"  Oh ok the lyrics to that one definitely rule it out.

So much untapped choice!

8 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Just imagine:  " We are the Champions" ... "I consider it a challenge before the whole human race.  And I ain't gonna lose"

Well that's sure him. :winner:

"Listen all you people, come gather round
I gotta get me a game plan, gotta shake you to the ground
Just give me what I know is mine,
People do you hear me, just give me the sign,
It ain't much I'm asking, if you want the truth
Here's to the future for the dreams of youth,

I'm a man with a one track mind,
So much to do in one life time (people do you hear me)
Not a man for compromise and where's and why's and living lies. "

Could be written for him....

Would love for him to dance to "I was born to love you"... So upbeat or "Love of my life" so mournful.  How about "Tie your mother down"  Oh ok the lyrics to that one definitely rule it out.

So much untapped choice!

Queen mashup for sure! 

And the second-half of Under Pressure with Bowie!!!

6 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Queen mashup for sure! 

And the second-half of Under Pressure with Bowie!!!

Never been keen on Bowie I'm afraid but adore Queen. For me ice skates seem to lose their mojo if too many changes of song.  I prefer one narrative but let's face it if anyone could implement a great mash up it would be Yuzu. 

I love both programs this year... but his sp is close to perfection already... just his little imperfect combo landing... so I could see another sp from him next year and be happy. The more programs he does the better.  Compared to many people he's done relatively few sps... PW x2, Chopinx3 and LGC... 3 short programs from 2012 until now... just not enough!!!! And I think his short programs are stellar. His free programs are good, but the short programs are outstanding. For me Yuzu and Jeff are a perfect combo...

As for Origin... I love that costume sooo much. He got away from flowing frippery to something structured, shapely, and crisp (and dangerous)... love it. And as for the program, yup, i'm in love with it too. That and Seimei are my kind of free programs... and, yes, if keeping it means it is easier for him to incorporate Nessie into the season, then I'm all for it. My one issue would be if the next year was his last... I'd rather he end with a program that was entirely his rather than a tribute to Plush.

I would love Yuzu to return to a more rock-ish theme again... we've had so much piano from him....

34 minutes ago, Fay said:

Nah, let’s get off the beaten track of Queen greatest hits and have... Was It All Worth It! : D 

Yes it's worth it for Freddie n Yuzu.  If Yuzu is lurking:  think of the glorious costumes!!!  For a great interpretation to a Queen song see the link on National Comps - June-Hyung Lee. Whatever Yuzu chooses to do it's fine - just feel blessed to have been part of his fanbase.

1 hour ago, wpisces said:

I'm not against him doing 4A. I just really really hope his gorgeous 3A doesn't get affected. His 3A did give me trauma this season. It's not easy to see his 3A went from the most reliable jump to the jump which gave me anxiety everytime he jumps it and got less points than Kolyada, Shoma, even Nathan's. He used to be the one who has the best 3A with great success rate on it. This season he hasn't yet jumped any perfect 3A, either (a bit) shaky landing ( lean forward) or pop and fall. 

I don't think 3A is suffering from 4A. He jumped some drop dead gorgeous 3As in practice (including the first one I saw in person in ACI which left me like this, literally :knc_tracy1:).

I also don't think you should look at points. Yuzu is always underscored, unless he's perfect - and sometimes even then. I wouldn't say he hasn't done any perfect 3As this season either, though I guess other more technically savvy fans might disagree. But Yuzu tends to make mistakes when he relaxes too much and he tends to relax on his best jumps. To me, that's why the mistakes happen on 3A and 4T. He stresses about 4Lo or 4S and does those over and over again, with more or less success. Then he nails them in competition, so he relaxes a bit, because 3A and 4T are easy for him. So he makes mistakes. It's something I'm very familiar with, because I used to do that in school, a lot. I'd do difficult exercises perfectly, then make mistakes on easy ones, because I focused less, knowing they were easy. I'm pretty sure that's Yuzu's problem, too. But he can control it, most of the time, when it's imperative to do so.

And my last argument for why I don't think his 3A is suffering from 4A is because I think he's been more or less seriously working on 4A for a long time. Longer than just this season. Just watched an interview from after Worlds 2014 (courtesy of Hanyu Museum), where he pretty much confirms he's tried 4A and can rotate it about 75%. And since I doubt he had time to play around it right before Sochi, that must have been some time before that. So he's had over 4 years to think about and play with it (of course, not constantly, due to the various injuries, but still). In this case, it also makes a bit more sense, that he wants to succeed with it by the end of this year...

2 hours ago, Louitunes said:

...OMG, of course! This could be one of the most appropriate song for Yuzu should he consider skating to Queen! :coolio:. I thought of Don't Stop Me Now before I read this comment, but yeah, I Want It All can suit him well too :coolio:

I was initially thinking of David Bowie's Black Star for Yuzu, but if that turns out to be too dark for the general audience then perhaps good ol' Life On Mars* could do it too I think — I trust he could bring the best out of the song, should he choose them... *speaking of Yuzu, ofc it should be "Life on Planet Hanyu :10814716:, but hey...

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Nah, let’s get off the beaten track of Queen greatest hits and have... Was It All Worth It! : D 

....dangit, I felt called out by this post :xD:, I think like the only Queen song I often listen to other than their hits is (just) Spread Your Wings, now I have some catching up to do... :headdesk:

18 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

....dangit, I felt called out by this post :xD:, I think like the only Queen song I often listen to other than their hits is (just) Spread Your Wings, now I have some catching up to do... :headdesk:

I can take you through their unknown gems, in fact. They’re a lot more multifaceted than their two fantastic Greatest Hits would have us believe...