Suggestions?

Hi !

Thanks again for this amazing site.

There's something bothering me (a very little bit) : I love translations, of programs but also interviews, news, programs about Yuzu. There are many on this site, on tumblr, on twitter, on facebook, on youtube, allover on the internet, but it's hard to find the precise translation you're looking for (except for programs commentary thanks to Gladi's mighty google doc).

Moreover, some translations remain unnoticed. For instance, there's this amazing translation on the forum about the famous "pooh interview" (december 2015), which was made two weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure almost nobody here has seen it because it's in a part of the forum where not many people go (there's no "like" on it, and only a few reactions). That's a pity...

So I was wondering :

- perhaps we could do a pinned post with tables, similar to the "Yururu at one glance", where we could find links to the videos or articles, and then links to their translations, chronologically ?

I can try to help if needed, or even try to do it myself if you want (I'd still need help).

- Perhaps we could advertise new translations on the "general Yuzu chat" to give them a wider audience ?

1 hour ago, Gingers said:

We have that love button or like in the corner :party2: but for thumb down,do we really need that? 

Oh, thanks! just find the love button. LOVE IT!

For the thumb down, i wish we wouldn't need it, but still, I think it helps fans to express their opionion, in a easier way. Some fans are too shy to reply, some not that good in English.

I'm all for having huge variety in emoticons, including a thumbs down, for posters to express all their emotions. What I don't want is the option to downvote entire posts, like on reddit. It would make this a more negative place. The like button is good; we don't need a dislike button.

We consciously decided against a system where posts could be up- and down-voted or a system where users would accumulate a reputation. Like buttons are enough- Keeping things as positive as possible :POOH:

8 hours ago, Altie said:

Hi !

Thanks again for this amazing site.

There's something bothering me (a very little bit) : I love translations, of programs but also interviews, news, programs about Yuzu. There are many on this site, on tumblr, on twitter, on facebook, on youtube, allover on the internet, but it's hard to find the precise translation you're looking for (except for programs commentary thanks to Gladi's mighty google doc).

Moreover, some translations remain unnoticed. For instance, there's this amazing translation on the forum about the famous "pooh interview" (december 2015), which was made two weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure almost nobody here has seen it because it's in a part of the forum where not many people go (there's no "like" on it, and only a few reactions). That's a pity...

So I was wondering :

- perhaps we could do a pinned post with tables, similar to the "Yururu at one glance", where we could find links to the videos or articles, and then links to their translations, chronologically ?

I can try to help if needed, or even try to do it myself if you want (I'd still need help).

- Perhaps we could advertise new translations on the "general Yuzu chat" to give them a wider audience ?

Advertising in the General Chat is always a good idea! (I saw you already did that.) That is probably the single thread everyone checks on a regular basis.

The system we decided to use is that all media gets posted in the General Chat and will later be organized by mods in the trans and media forum (unless ofc it was posted there already as in this example). So basically how the FF and the media&links thread used to work- just a little bit more organized. So as a general rule anything can be posted in the General Chat even if it is a double post.

As for a pinned post (in the Yuzuru Hanyu subforum I suppose?) I don't see why that would be different from visiting the trans and media thread. But an index thread in itself isn't a bad idea although there is the potential risk that it might get overwhelming and confusing.

But I will bring this to the attention of the mods responsible for the trans and media thread in case they haven't seen your suggestion :)

This isn't really a suggestion on the site/graphic stuff... more like suggestion for upcoming events. 

When I went to Helsinki, I wasn't able to meet anyone or talk to anyone, although I knew there were lots of Yuzu fans, even from my own country. To me, it would be nice if we could find a way to identify each other at competitions, but without something so 'important' like a banner with 'Planet Hanyu' (I mean, that too, but that's not easy to walk with at all times). Something like a sticker or a pin that we could wear visibly. 

This is more like a suggestion for the future, but I hope this is the right place to propose it! xD 

Is it stated anywhere from how many posts on one can alter one's user title (I couldn't find that option in my profile)? It might be useful to have these things listed, as well as, say, a few of the first user ranks, somewhere around the rules &announcements threads, in case someone else wonders.

Edited by Hydro

27 minutes ago, surimi said:

Is it stated anywhere from how many posts on one can alter one's user title (I couldn't find that option in my profile)? It might be useful to have these things listed, as well as, say, a few of the first user ranks, somewhere around the rules &announcements threads, in case someone else wonders.

Edited by Hydro

Do you see this field?

mlNpLMS.png

Oh that's where it is! My 'member title' field was blank, so I thought I had to look somewhere else. Thanks, I'll go ahead and edit it. I think I get it now; if one doesn't write one's own text into the field, one gets the pre-set user title which however isn't visible in the member title field, is that it?