Media Day 2018

1 minute ago, Yatagarasu said:

Yes, same. Overall, I see no real issues, especially in the context.

But can we talk about the 4Lo set up? Or rather the lack of the 4Lo set up? I've been 0.0 since last night about that one. His jumps are fine. 

Yes....insane. I think his original stable quad jumps are more or less back. I really should be working...but instead I'm babbling on a fansite, going gah gah over a 2 minute (not even) clip of his free program, and crying tears over a frickin' stag leap? Totally normal, right?

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yes....insane. I think his original stable quad jumps are more or less back. I really should be working...but instead I'm babbling on a fansite, going gah gah over a 2 minute (not even) clip of his free program, and crying tears over a frickin' stag leap? Totally normal, right?

*wipes tears, gives up because more is coming* Absolutely not normal.

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Perfectly normal. 

I am blabbing on a fansite as well but I figure, I have all night to finish this bit of work. Totally not procrastinating or anything.

And yes, I think he is back to pre-4Lz stable status, and who knows what he'll poke at now. Nessie I imagine. 

But overall, I'm loving what we've seen. I keep replaying the steps you linked and gosh, someone hold me. It's gorgeous! Just a hint of Plushenko and yet very Yuzuru. I don't want to jinx anything but as a fan of Plush and obviously major fan of Yuzuru, and with all his reasoning behind these programs, and how happy he is, I think my chances of falling in love with Origin are probably through the roof by now.

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

OH MY GOD

Help, I can't take it. Oh my god. Oh dear lord. 

ANOIA HELP ME.

*tries to calm down*

That loop is executed so quickly that with the judges' history of being far more demanding of him than anybody else to get those levels, I foresee some stsq kuyashii. 

He looks as though he’s having a great time - so does Brian.  Shortening the set up for his jumps - is this going to be his way of dealing with the missing 30s?  He can do 3A from a standstill after all.  Not even first pancake - making the batter.  He’s figuring out how to work within the new rules - and he’s going to enjoy working on 4A :smiley-happy005:

I can can understand some people being meh about the music choices, especially those who don’t like plushy and Johnny - but he owes nothing to anyone and it’s great to see him freed from the crushing need to fulfil expectations.  I’d like to think that if he’d chosen Roxanne I would have posted one whinge and let it go ( not sure about that one but.... I would have tried)

6 minutes ago, honeytea said:

step and footworks are super cool... some seimei vibes.. only to me?

shae is a genius.. but I hope this satsify level4 stsq.

I know competition is totally different gem. And as season goes some point chore will be simpler, but this version super cool!

Nah...if it's one thing about Yuzu, it's that the choreo during competition will be the same if not more complex. He's a stickler to his choreo. =)

As for Lv4...who cares? He's had seimei stsq level get downgraded to 3, so while maybe he does care and wants a lv 4, I think he does care more for the overall impression and package.

Ah, I love this program. I love how someone, someone is finally brave enough, and capable enough, of incorporating all those little jumps and leaps into a violin piece. Twizzles, turns, and so many leaps, that all fit the staccato vibe of violin runs and trills. So few skaters do that. T_T Even if not everything is on the note, as some consider necessary to be musical, what sets Yuzu apart is that he innately understands and tries to embody the overall flow and feel of the music. Soft when necessary, folded when called for, fully extended when needed, each movement different and embodying the idea behind the music. This is musicality.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Ah, I love this program. I love how someone, someone is finally brave enough, and capable enough, of incorporating all those little jumps and leaps into a violin piece. T_T Even if not everything is on the note, as some consider necessary to be musical, what sets Yuzu apart is that he innately understands and tries to embody the overall flow and feel of the music. Soft when necessary, folded when called for, fully extended when needed, each movement different and embodying the idea behind the music. This is musicality.

All that you said, and just you wait for him to work this program for a couple of months more, he will have no choice but to put everything on the note... it's stroner than him! It's like an instinct c: 

• Hydroblade unfeatured and unpinned this topic