Mock judging panel

3 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Let's start easy and select a few classics.

Yuna's Les Mis W13.

Yuzuru's R&J W12.

Once we're comfortable, erm... Let's Go Crazy.

Those were performances from the last quad. Different rules, no? It's going to be a hassle for TPs (and me, and others who will hopefully potentially help with spreadsheet)

Shouldn't we do whole events (or at least the final groups)? I feel like it would be meaningless to just pick out performances and judge them individually because the interesting part is how skaters would do in comparison if the judging were consistent.

I'll be over here with tomatoes to throw and candy to hand out. Or popcorn to hand out to the rest of us while the TP resolves conflicts. :biggrin: I've always wondered how they manage to agree so quickly. 

This should be very interesting.

(But please could you make sure you do more than the last group, whichever event you choose? I've always wondered if there are skaters who have missed out on a top five finish because of corridor judging, and I think there probably are. It would be nice to find out, even if you pick two or three very good performances from the earlier groups because this will take time and effort, obviously.)

40 minutes ago, robin said:

Shouldn't we do whole events (or at least the final groups)? I feel like it would be meaningless to just pick out performances and judge them individually because the interesting part is how skaters would do in comparison if the judging were consistent.

Agreed. I think if we go earlier than 2016 programs, the stsq levels rules changed no?  And we should judge more than just specific skaters, otherwise it would legitimately be viewed as biased (hence why I'm not on board re-evaluating Sochi). 

19 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

(But please could you make sure you do more than the last group, whichever event you choose? I've always wondered if there are skaters who have missed out on a top five finish because of corridor judging, and I think there probably are. It would be nice to find out, even if you pick two or three very good performances from the earlier groups because this will take time and effort, obviously.)

Okay, only question is do we have full recording on youtube or elsewhere of whole events? I think for the most part, the top six are kind of stable, but then 7-11 could get changed quite a bit.  Speaking of which, anyone not judging, willing to help locate videos? 

As for competitions...how about we start with CoC 2017, ladies top 6. Probably one of the most controversial events all season, and could have changed many many things for the entire GP series? After that, possibly a stab at the Europeans ladies top 6 or top 8?  That should be enough drama. 

2 minutes ago, robin said:

Plus it's probably better for us to start with an event Yuzu hasn't participated in

I might be in the minority, but most of Yuzu's events were not  that controversial, at least not at CoC2017 level of controversial. Yes, he gets underscored relative to others, but the effect on men's usually doesn't quite have the impact as the ladies. Frankly, my ire at TPs tend to get seriously directed at women's singles events just because consistency and PCS can be such game-changers. 

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

I might be in the minority, but most of Yuzu's events were not CoC2017 level of controversial. Yes, he gets underscored relative to others, but the effect on men's usually doesn't quite have the impact as the ladies. Frankly, my ire at TPs tend to get seriously directed at women's singles events just because consistency and PCS can be such game-changers. 

Oh, I meant in respect to emotions running high.

I don't think you're a minority here... In case of ladies biased judging goes a much longer way compared to mens