Mock judging panel

12 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I want to try this but as a side judge since I don't have much experience. I find the idea interesting and I always liked the scoring system so I want to have fun with it. Maybe I will  join the panel for later competitions if we continue and I gain more confidence :)  

I‘ll add you as a side-judge for now :laughing:

Just now, kaeryth said:

I'm biased so I will be content as an audience member booing the judges/TP if I don't like the score :smiley-laughing021:

:sadPooh:...do I still get the ice cream even if you don't like my calls?

Just now, Xen said:

:sadPooh:...do I still get the ice cream even if you don't like my calls?

Of course! :laughing:

Just a suggestion: Because of time-zones it'll be hard to get everyone at the same time. So maybe create a playlist or choose your competition and give out the video links. Then  send everyone their blank scoresheets and give a deadline for when you want them to hand in their scores. Someone can tabulate the final score out of say 5-10 judges + TP calls. After the results are in either publish it within the forum and/or do it during the streaming session.

30 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Of course! :laughing:

Just a suggestion: Because of time-zones it'll be hard to get everyone at the same time. So maybe create a playlist or choose your competition and give out the video links. Then  send everyone their blank scoresheets and give a deadline for when you want them to hand in their scores. Someone can tabulate the final score out of say 5-10 judges + TP calls. After the results are in either publish it within the forum and/or do it during the streaming session.

Sounds good! We can also do a combination of both. For those who need a bit more motivation we could also set a date close to the deadline and do it during a rabbit session?

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

...why do I have a sneaky feeling first up might be 2018 WC men's?

Nope. Please no.

For the record: I think Nathan should've had ~200 for FS, and ~90 for SP (UR; poor preceding steps for 4F; empty program -- PCS max around 39 say SS: 8, TR: 7.5, PE: 7.5, CO:8, IN: 7.75).

That's all that matters, right?

I have an exam this Friday, but after that, I can work on that spreadsheet formula. The idea is that it should be able to 1) list BVs of elements automatically (tho, I'd need help with the V calls on spins), 2) look up raw GOEs and PCS and factorised them accordingly, 3) be user-friendly (which is where I would probably fail:10640793:)

Tho, for falls on jumps... I think it would be easiest if the judges to just do the appropriate mandatory max -GOEs yourselves, yeah? Unlike IRL judges:59227c768286a__s:

(I am still dreaming for one day, one of the computer programming gurus among FS fans would come up with a dummy-proofed scoring system program. - Look at that sentence! How do you English? - And then we can shame ISU with it)

4 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

Nope. Please no.

For the record: I think Nathan should've had ~200 for FS, and ~90 for SP (UR; poor preceding steps for 4F; empty program -- PCS max around 39 say SS: 8, TR: 7.5, PE: 7.5, CO:8, IN: 7.75).

That's all that matters, right?

Well if that's not the first programs+skaters to be served, which one do you think would be the first one to be placed in front of the Tech Panel?

We might need to setup a poll or something like that to determine which programs get judged and in what order?

28 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I have an exam this Friday, but after that, I can work on that spreadsheet formula. The idea is that it should be able to 1) list BVs of elements automatically (tho, I'd need help with the V calls on spins), 2) look up raw GOEs and PCS and factorised them accordingly, 3) be user-friendly (which is where I would probably fail:10640793:)

Tho, for falls on jumps... I think it would be easiest if the judges to just do the appropriate mandatory max -GOEs yourselves, yeah? Unlike IRL judges:59227c768286a__s:

(I am still dreaming for one day, one of the computer programming gurus among FS fans would come up with a dummy-proofed scoring system program. - Look at that sentence! How do you English? - And then we can shame ISU with it)

I think you can take your time since we probably won't be starting until after the parade :)

Can I be mean? What if there were two columns and in the first one judges would enter how many GOE bullets are checked and in the other they'd enter the necessary deductions? and the thing outputs the factorized GOE in a third column? 

I realize that the real pain will be to tell the spreadsheet how to factorize the GOEs since it's different for each element

11 minutes ago, robin said:

I think you can take your time since we probably won't be starting until after the parade :)

Can I be mean? What if there were two columns and in the first one judges would enter how many GOE bullets are checked and in the other they'd enter the necessary deductions? and the thing outputs the factorized GOE in a third column? 

I realize that the real pain will be to tell the spreadsheet how to factorize the GOEs since it's different for each element

Ah, if I have that much time, I think it is more doable. I'd make a sketch and ask for inputs first. After my exam. This is really bad, cz I am more motivated to start sketching it instead of preparing for the exam. Help!!

3 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Ah, if I have that much time, I think it is more doable. I'd make a sketch and ask for inputs first. After my exam. This is really bad, cz I am more motivated to start sketching it instead of preparing for the exam. Help!!

I'm not too good with spreadsheets so I'm glad you're sacrificing yourself :laughing:

As a notorious procrastinator I really can't help you with focusing on studying tho. I'm the worstttt in that aspect :13877886:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Well if that's not the first programs+skaters to be served, which one do you think would be the first one to be placed in front of the Tech Panel?

Let's start easy and select a few classics.

Yuna's Les Mis W13.

Yuzuru's R&J W12.

Once we're comfortable, erm... Let's Go Crazy.