Team China

10 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I  know, but they have high hopes for a medal in Beijing ... and with Boyang's training progress in China kind of stagnating ...I'd say that there are good chances that he will train at TCC ... if the negotiations works out well!

I think several more knowledgeable people than me have been pointing this out a lot, but the decision doesn't depend on any one person only. On top of my head, there are at least 4 potential frontrunners in the men ONLY that Orser has taken on (Yuzu, Orzel, Gogolev, Cha). All of whom also have feds that might be lobbying for them just as hard as CSA, which Orser might not necessarily want to deal with. 2 direct competitors training under one roof was already tough to manage, let alone 4. There's also the fact that Orser is not the only coach at TCC. CSA might wish for Jin to be sent training under Orser, but that's not going to be the only thing factored into the decision.

Look, I am telling all of this to myself, too. But Murphy's law.:13877886:I just don't want a mass breakdown on the Planet if it didn't happen.

11 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I think several more knowledgeable people than me have been pointing this out a lot, but the decision doesn't depend on any one person only. On top of my head, there are at least 4 potential frontrunners in the men ONLY that Orser has taken on (Yuzu, Orzel, Gogolev, Cha). All of whom also have feds that might be lobbying for them just as hard as CSA, which Orser might not necessarily want to deal with. 2 direct competitors training under one roof was already tough to manage, let alone 4. There's also the fact that Orser is not the only coach at TCC. CSA might wish for Jin to be sent training under Orser, but that's not going to be the only thing factored into the decision.

Look, I am telling all of this to myself, too. But Murphy's law.:13877886:I just don't want a mass breakdown on the Planet if it didn't happen.

But breakdowns are fun. :biggrin: Come, child, let us count unhatched chickens together. 

31 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

If every member of the Planet would donate a single hair, surely we'd have enough for a nice toupee for him.

What makes you think we‘re at the leisure to give hair away

Also, yes please. I didn’t know I needed Boyang to go to TCC this much but I really need it now

Just now, hoodie axel said:

What changed? :rofl:

I just never considered it! Never thought CSA would consider moving Boyang to TCC permanently but now that it’s been put out into the universe I realize I really need it to happen LOL

41 минуту назад, yuzupon сказал:

Konrad moved to Borser? When?

5 минут назад, robin сказал:

I just never considered it! Never thought CSA would consider moving Boyang to TCC permanently but now that it’s been put out into the universe I realize I really need it to happen LOL

China never end to surprise me LOL.

But I really think now that all what Yuzu said would became true. He said he want clear technical rivalry - Jin appeared. He said after Oly that rivalry between him and Javi pushed him higher and he will be miss it. And China want to send Boyang to TCC. ROFL IMAO 

Okay, so butting in...I wonder if anyone has the link to the actual tencent sports article they are pointing to?

If it's the one I think I saw a couple days ago, then that article was just a more sensationalized summary of what the original Xinhua/Sina article I translated involved.

So far, nothing's dead set confirmed, and let's not e underestimate the amount of work and time it takes to set up something permanent (if indeed there is anyone waving pompoms on something permanent). So more likely than not, this year if it gets agreed to, it will be short term.

It does not mean no longer term plan is not discussed-there likely will be. But Boyang's main coach, since his early years, is going over there based on the Xinhua/Sina article, which makes conflicts with BOrser more likely, unless said coach eventually shifts to a role similar to Shirota- dealing with the press, managing PR and doing coordination between the skater, the fed and the head coach.  Even if something long term gets worked out, it may a) not be this season; b) might be for a period before Beijing (it's still possible CSA pulls out before 2021/2022 season), because the fed here generally still likes to give credit to the native Chinese coach.

6 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

What does this mean?

Well, there are some posts in baidu bars about foreign coaching teams, and how in the end, the sports fed in China might still want the main coach to be Chinese. It's an issue of "credit-giving" etc, which was why some posters in Chinese boards will be more surprised than even us if it becomes a long term, permanent program.

A part of me is still not sure that Lori won't become a part of the coaching team-if she does, then the issue of how to coordinate with BOrser becomes just an issue between Lori and BOrser, if the Chinese coach takes on a role as Shirota san.

Speaking of which-all these plans for overseas training of CHN atheletes in Canada, I do wonder if that is something that they are thinking of creating. A coordinator role a la Shirota, which Boyang's coach might have to try out. And while the article I originally translated mentioned Russia as a training destination for Chinese female skaters, it's highly possible that they'll also look to Canada and the US-remember that Zhao said the CSA is looking at mature coaching systems  and mentioned US and Canada rather than Russia. Other than the fact that Russian coaches don't usually take on foreign skaters for the long term, but US and Canadian coaches could.

Yeah, this all seems to me to be a part of a greater scheme. Maybe they want to establish all the infrastructure FS in China needs over the next four years? And of course making sure their current hopes are trained well and do well and win medals will make sure more kids join FS, and that there's a steady flow of talent in China.

(Speculation, as I don't know how FS is treated there)