Team China

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

According to this Zijun Li has completed the procedures to retire at the end of last year and has retired. But there's been no official word from the Chinese Fed or Zijun herself. Still, it's almost certain that this is what's happening. :( 

im glad that, if this is so, she could finish her competitive career with that beautiful free skate and personal best at world team trophy last season :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380::tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:  

I just saw that, it really saddens me but on the other hand, unfortunately, it does not surprise me as she seemed to have had quite a few issues with the fed, her PCS got buried and if she's lost motivation, I can hardly blame her. It's such a shame though, she is a beautiful skater that shall be missed, and there'll always be regrets over the unfulfilled potential. 

I still don't know what happened after 2013....

I assumed that okay well maybe it's just puberty issues but then came weird rumors about some conflicts between her and the Chinese Fed.

Ugh what could've been :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

I think the retirement news is true, because on the one hand the media that posted it is a credible one, and on the other hand, some time ago there was also news that in her home town, a big skating center is under construction and will be named after her, with her father as one of the major investors. Guess she will probably start coaching or learn to manage the rink from now on!