Team Canada

1 minute ago, Xen said:

He baaaarely managed to keep that flip edge flat. It was fighting and almost managed to switch to an outside edge. He's grown, feels like he's around 160-162 cm now. 

Yeah, he seems to have a lip problem. I wonder how his 4F is going!

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Yeah, he seems to have a lip problem. I wonder how his 4F is going!

Wonder how Brian would feel if he has 2 boys with problematic relations with the Flip family.  XD

1 hour ago, Xen said:

That is at most a +3? 

But if B level competitions usually give points more generously, maybe the A level competitions will try to be more conservative?

hope dies last, right? :13877886:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Wonder how Brian would feel if he has 2 boys with problematic relations with the Flip family.  XD

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Interviewer: So Brian, so which of the men in TCC will come out with a 4F? 

BORser: :knc_brian3:  

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

funny that he also has to work on the opposite problem with ladies :xD:

c'mon, Zuzu worked hard on his flip edge, he can teach that entry to the kids! If you can't make it the usual way, make it harder :hachimaki:

(I'm loving all the steps before Stephen's solo jump in SP :68468287: I don't particularly like his toe-pick technique tho)

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Gogolev's jumps are ok. Not outstanding but not bad. He has good flow out of the jumps at his age. His air position could be better. I think he has good potential but i'm not sure about his musicality. And I dislike his SP music :laughing:

I love his SP music instead! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: but I'd like to see a sharper stsq.

I'm not sure about his musicality either... anyway, right now I see Stephen being more a Javi-type kind of skater, tho, rather then a Yuzu-type. Rewatching Yuzuru's MI SP back to back to Stephen's SP (tho Yuzu was one year older there), I think Stephen lacks that bit of rawness that I find very appealing, because if feels like skaters are really throwing themselves into the music.

sidenote: I've just realized he's exactly one year and one day older than my younger cousin... no wonder I have a huuuuuuge soft spot for him, despite him not being at the moment my 'type' of skater... protective instinct kicking in :13877886: (ETA: that cousin was the only one who remembered to ask me about Yuzu when we met for Christmas holidays...I had only showed my relatives some Yuzu videos during the summer in a failed attempt to convert them, but he remembered his name:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::10742289:)

Reading Gogolev's protocol is such an experience. 0 and +4 for the same element. And +3 for 1A. I failed to see any special about his spins for all +3,+4,+5. J1 is the only sane person in this panel. 

Back to his perfomance. Quite messy, as expect at this point. I hope they would take out 1 or even 2 quad and focus more on detail as right now, this program is just a jumping fest. Idk why they give him almost 70 pcs, 5 points higher than Joseph ? Also Joseph got -4 and +1 for his pop 4T :13877886:

20 minutes ago, Katt said:

Reading Gogolev's protocol is such an experience. 0 and +4 for the same element. And +3 for 1A. I failed to see any special about his spins for all +3,+4,+5. J1 is the only sane person in this panel. 

Back to his perfomance. Quite messy, as expect at this point. I hope they would take out 1 or even 2 quad and focus more on detail as right now, this program is just a jumping fest. Idk why they give him almost 70 pcs, 5 points higher than Joseph ? Also Joseph got -4 and +1 for his pop 4T :13877886:

My spirit animal on that judging panel is J1. Even my PCS would be pretty much at that level. 

And regarding his style...well he's young so it's not clear which side he is, but he's reminding me something of a weird mish-mash of Yuzu+nate+Brian Joubert. o_O