Team Canada

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh.

It's a nice jump, but I thought +4 and +5 was for, you know, the extraordinary.

That’s what I had in my mind too. A “Yuzu 4S” jump is what I kinda pictured getting a +4 or +5 ..... 

4 minutes ago, Sammie said:

That’s what I had in my mind too. A “Yuzu 4S” jump is what I kinda pictured getting a +4 or +5 ..... 

A barely any setup awesome ice coverage, intricate steps leading into jump was the kind I thought would get it, too. Kinda thought Stephen's 3A was better than that.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

A barely any setup awesome ice coverage, intricate steps leading into jump was the kind I thought would get it, too. Kinda thought Stephen's 3A was better than that.

I need to see stephen's program, but I'm inclined to believe you since it seems TCC boys tend to do everything out of steps (even if simple)

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I need to see stephen's program, but I'm inclined to believe you since it seems TCC boys tend to do everything out of steps (even if simple)

He didn't telegraph it nearly as much as a lot of seniors do. It was a light, effortless looking jump. Still not a +4 or +5 for me but a +3. His combo got a couple of +4s too. His solo jump is from nice, clear steps, but he got a ! so got hit on GOE. Not negative, but low. 

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

He didn't telegraph it nearly as much as a lot of seniors do. It was a light, effortless looking jump. Still not a +4 or +5 for me but a +3. His combo got a couple of +4s too. His solo jump is from nice, clear steps, but he got a ! so got hit on GOE. Not negative, but low. 

I could be wrong, but Gogolev looks to have grown. He's not longer as tiny as before, but he doesn't quite have the muscles to buff his jumps, but technique wise, I think he's not too bad. 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I could be wrong, but Gogolev looks to have grown. He's not longer as tiny as before, but he doesn't quite have the muscles to buff his jumps, but technique wise, I think he's not too bad. 

He looked a bit taller to me. When they were waiting for the scores, he must still have been in his boots of course, but he was definitely taller than before. His triples look good despite that so fingers crossed for the kid! 

11 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

He looked a bit taller to me. When they were waiting for the scores, he must still have been in his boots of course, but he was definitely taller than before. His triples look good despite that so fingers crossed for the kid! 

He baaaarely managed to keep that flip edge flat. It was fighting and almost managed to switch to an outside edge. He's grown, feels like he's around 160-162 cm now. 

Gogolev's jumps are ok. Not outstanding but not bad. He has good flow out of the jumps at his age. His air position could be better. I think he has good potential but i'm not sure about his musicality. And I dislike his SP music :laughing:

The summer comp tend to be very generous when it comes to GOE/PCS. Nam usually get +1/+2 for his 4S internationally so I don't think too much. But the new GOE range is lol. The same element got 0 and +4 or -2 and +3 :13877886: