11 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised (although disappointed) about Ashley or even Ross, but I hope Starr's not injured :slinkaway:

I don’t think Starr is injured. She still going to 4CC. 

Yeah I’m not surprised with Ashley or Ross either. Ross have been vocal about why he didn’t get picked. 

Starr is not injured. She decided to WD because apparently JWC would be too draining to do as she wants to do the Senior 4CC. More points ... plus her Lz is not there, and it's the obligatory jump in the Juniors this season. And of course, it probably pays off more in general. She is still very very raw, massive work ahead of her, so since she cannot do anything at JWC with the Russian, Korean and Japanese girls all ahead of her, she might as well try and grab a top 10 at 4CC considering a lot of people are giving that one a miss.

16 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

I think most American fans would rather watch Starr than Ashley or Ross. Apparently she really lit up that arena in San Jose.

She was the first clean skater so that contributed a lot, after a series of eh free programs. Talented girl, she has great charisma but she's behind the top juniors in pretty much everything. Lot of work there to be done, especially as she's already 16 and is essentially with this turning Senior. I hope her team sort of gets to it now and forgets any 3A talk, but gets work done on some of the basics and gets that Lz back. 

I watched Starr live. She was a nice skater and clearly very emotional/excited after her skate leading to the crowd being very emotional and excited for her. But in terms of pure performance value Ashley was clearly better than Starr, who still skates like a junior and has noticeably bad posture...I don't know why people say that Ashley didn't charm the audience because she did get at least a partial standing ovation, and she was the most polished and mature skater that day when it comes to performance. (I think Karen was the best in terms of skating skills. Mariah was good too.) Her tech wasn't there though and while she's entertaining, her skating skills are weak and her noticeably spent a LOT of time doing crossovers.

6 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

So TSL are who they are but they do sometimes have good info. They say that for the Team, it is Bradie short, Mirai long and that the Shibs have asked to skate both.

Wonder where they heard this from. And can I be linked, or at least directed, to where they mention it? I would really rather watch Mirai in the team free if possible. 

8 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

Wonder where they heard this from. And can I be linked, or at least directed, to where they mention it? I would really rather watch Mirai in the team free if possible. 

Sorry this is late but I had passed out by then, it was way late on my side of the pond x_x

And they said they received texts with that and some other info. You can find it in this podcast, ~52 mins in

Spoiler

10 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I watched Starr live. She was a nice skater and clearly very emotional/excited after her skate leading to the crowd being very emotional and excited for her. But in terms of pure performance value Ashley was clearly better than Starr, who still skates like a junior and has noticeably bad posture...I don't know why people say that Ashley didn't charm the audience because she did get at least a partial standing ovation, and she was the most polished and mature skater that day when it comes to performance. (I think Karen was the best in terms of skating skills. Mariah was good too.) Her tech wasn't there though and while she's entertaining, her skating skills are weak and her noticeably spent a LOT of time doing crossovers.

I agree. Lala Land was a gorgeous program. But, I'm more charmed by Starr than Ashley because of their personalities.

5 hours ago, getsurenka said:

I feel sad whenever I see skaters needing to raise funds to support their dreams. :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380: