On 9/14/2017 at 9:07 PM, heartsdesire456 said:

Jeez!

(the real question is if he can string them together in a way that isn't boring sorry not sorry)

No one should be sorry about not liking a particular skater; this isn't the Planet Chen forum and we aren't part of his PR team. His skating did not appeal to me when he was in juniors and it still doesn't. I also don't find him an appealing personality, in part because it's so obvious that he sees skating as a means to an end as opposed to having a genuine passion for it. Imagine what skaters like Jason or Adam could do if they had been as genetically gifted for rotating jumps as Nathan.

2 hours ago, GreatLakesGal said:

No one should be sorry about not liking a particular skater; this isn't the Planet Chen forum and we aren't part of his PR team. His skating did not appeal to me when he was in juniors and it still doesn't. I also don't find him an appealing personality, in part because it's so obvious that he sees skating as a means to an end as opposed to having a genuine passion for it. Imagine what skaters like Jason or Adam could do if they had been as genetically gifted for rotating jumps as Nathan.

I basically agree with you. Based on what I've seen at US Intl Classic, his SP is good, I like it better than either of last year's programs, and his FS is frustrating because it's a good program and he isn't trying to catch up with the music like last year's, but he clearly doesn't 'feel' it. It's not bad. I like his skating better this season. It just is hard to watch and not think, "This FS would be really good if *insert other skaters you like* did it." 

I like figure skating because it's ballet on ice, and it's sad to me when the men's field is slowly becoming gymnastics on ice instead. It's not that I don't like Nathan. It's just that what I enjoy about skating is not what his strengths are.

You mention the other two, and Jason and Adam are my favorite US men for sure. This season, Jason's FS is magnificent. And I've seen videos of his quad sal in practice and it's SO CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL! If he can ever manage to work the two quads he's got planned into that wonderful FS, I'll be so happy. He may still not hold a candle to the top men, but it will still be something magical for us who are fans of SKATING, not fans of just jumping, to watch.