I don't see it here so this is a three-parter of Jason's new Hamilton SP (at the end). As a reminder, his FS music is being composed specifically for him by Maxime Rodriguez and it's a work in progress. Glacier Falls is two weeks from now, and this is where I expect he will go with at least with one quad in each, as it's a much more observed comp.

Skate Detroit is this weekend, with Hochstein and Vincent taking part.

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I don't see it here so this is a three-parter of Jason's new Hamilton SP (at the end). As a reminder, his FS music is being composed specifically for him by Maxime Rodriguez so we'll have to wait to see that one. Glacier Falls is two weeks from now, and this is where I expect he will go with at least with one quad in each, as it's a much more observed comp.

Skate Detroit is this weekend, with Hochstein and Vincent taking part.

Hmmmmmm..... as someone who embarrassingly listens to the album everyday (and watched the fancam /cough/).... right now, I'm not feeling it. The choreography and spins don't really match the lyrics. Based on the clips, the only thing that makes me think of it as a Hamilton musical skate (besides the music) is the ending pose.

9 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hmmmmmm..... as someone who embarrassingly listens to the album everyday (and watched the fancam /cough/).... right now, I'm not feeling it. The choreography and spins don't really match the lyrics. Based on the clips, the only thing that makes me think of it as a Hamilton musical skate (besides the music) is the ending pose.

I am feeling the Free more, the SP isn't really doing it for me either right now, but both are still a work in progress so there is that. I think in general the music for the free fits Jason far more than what they chose for him from Hamilton but I expect it'll improve as season goes. I did see some talk about not the best cut for the SP but the audio is meh enough I cannot tell! Anyway, Glacier Falls should tell us way more, fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, katonice said:

I think Yuzu's scores are correct as I can actually trace from which competition they came from:

- Total (148.88): Worlds 2017 SP BV (45.45) + FP BV (103.43)

- SP BV: GPF 2016 (49.75)

- FP BV: Worlds 2017 (103.43)

I did random checks for some of the other skaters and I could trace the values similarly.

I think I'm missing something for Nathan's though as I can't identify from which comp his Total and FP highest BV values came from.

There might be a competition I wasn't able to check?

Oh I see. Well his intended BV combining SP and LP is 153.18. 

19 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

I am feeling the Free more, the SP isn't really doing it for me either right now, but both are still a work in progress so there is that. I think in general the music for the free fits Jason far more than what they chose for him from Hamilton but I expect it'll improve as season goes. I did see some talk about not the best cut for the SP but the audio is meh enough I cannot tell! Anyway, Glacier Falls should tell us way more, fingers crossed.

I, too, am feeling the free more than the SP, but I feel like the SP has potential. I like the choreography, I just don't feel like it matches just right, but I'm confident that'll get nailed down moving forward. It's still very early, after all!

13 hours ago, heartsdesire456 said:

I, too, am feeling the free more than the SP, but I feel like the SP has potential. I like the choreography, I just don't feel like it matches just right, but I'm confident that'll get nailed down moving forward. It's still very early, after all!

Pretty much, when it comes to the SP. I guess right now, the way he moves isn't really going well with the Broadway musical of it, but considering it's very early indeed, I'm sure they'll work on it. I enjoy Jason's skating even if I'm not sold on the music so either way I'll be fine but I do hope for his sake it all works out. It is such an important season after all. 

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

Pretty much, when it comes to the SP. I guess right now, the way he moves isn't really going well with the Broadway musical of it, but considering it's very early indeed, I'm sure they'll work on it. I enjoy Jason's skating even if I'm not sold on the music so either way I'll be fine but I do hope for his sake it all works out. It is such an important season after all. 

Jason's one of my favorite skaters skating today, so I know I'll be impressed no matter what just to see a new Jason Brown routine, but like you said, it's important for his sake that they work it out for such an important season!  There are very few skaters that still deliver on the artistry the way Jason does because, in both the men's and women's field these past few years, there's a distinct lack of artistry compared to like 10 years ago when I REALLY got into figure skating. One thing I always judge in a skater, especially men since they tend to be worse at it than women, is how much the skater 'just skates' between elements. Instead of having every single step be a part of the performance, a lot of them have a tendency to just 'okay, did a jump, skate over here and do a spin', and he almost NEVER does that. Honestly, about the only skater in the men's field that does it better than Jason is Yuzuru. 

(Wow that turned into a bit of a skater fan rant, sorry, but yeah, TL;DR I agree with you, lol!)