Team Russia

5 часов назад, xeyra сказал:

:(

Get well soon, Anna. 

Her coach also said they would wait a couple of days to give Anna time to recover after the flight and unsuccessful skate. Then they will think about the treatment. 

Also, she said medical examination before the season didn't show any serious problems, but from the very beginning they had to reduce the intensity of the FP practices, because the pain in Anna's back appeared constantly (although everything was ok while training her SP). Her coach thinks, the result we saw was because of this necessity to reduce the training of the LP: Anna was ready only to do the first 4 jumps in her FP.

Basically, she partly said it already in the K&C.

I really feel for her - it's one of the reasons I dislike the Olympics - if it were just Worlds every year she and Han Yan and Satoko and many others would just shrug their shoulders and think ' next year in ********* city, and do whatever their medical advisors think best.  Once every 4 years is a terrible pressure

4 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I really feel for her - it's one of the reasons I dislike the Olympics - if it were just Worlds every year she and Han Yan and Satoko and many others would just shrug their shoulders and think ' next year in ********* city, and do whatever their medical advisors think best.  Once every 4 years is a terrible pressure

Not with what's going on in the Russian ladies' field. You're out if you stumble once. If you do it twice, you might as well quit. 

Sad, there's so much talent which isn't going to be seen outside Russia...

I know that it's important to encourage the smaller Feds etcetcetc but I really do think that outside of the big international lovefest that is the OG most actual sports fans would rather just see the best people competing - or at least a greater percentage of them.  I'm totally soppy about the JGP competitors from non skating countries like Greece and Turkey  ( just an example - the uk competitors aren't great either and they have a tradition - the Greeks are reinventing the wheel) but when it comes to seniors it just seems wrong that Russian and to a lesser extent Japanese girls/ ladies should be confined to so few places.

17 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I know that it's important to encourage the smaller Feds etcetcetc but I really do think that outside of the big international lovefest that is the OG most actual sports fans would rather just see the best people competing - or at least a greater percentage of them.  I'm totally soppy about the JGP competitors from non skating countries like Greece and Turkey  ( just an example - the uk competitors aren't great either and they have a tradition - the Greeks are reinventing the wheel) but when it comes to seniors it just seems wrong that Russian and to a lesser extent Japanese girls/ ladies should be confined to so few places.

Back in 2013-2014 there around five Japanese men who deserved to go to the Olympics, now there's a question of who gets to fill that third spot... these things come and go in waves! 

I know, I know,- it just always seems desperately unfair on both the skaters and the fans.  Watching it through the eyes of my family there is a gulf - but it's a virtual gulf not a real one. At the moment it's in ladies, as you say in the past it was in the men's competition- there are at the moment a number of girls that never make it on to the radar and the casual viewer never realises that they are even there.  It is very kind of you to try and give me a more positive perspective but it hits my 'unfair' button - I'll get over it - happens all the time in gymnastics too.