Team Russia

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

If I were to tell who, among Russian Ladies, is likely to have a longer career as a competitive skater, I would say Alexandra Trusova.

I agree with you - I think Aliona can have a long career too, but she wants to retire early by her own choice so... Sasha did say before she wants to go to 2 olympics and retire at 22, right? still pretty young, but it would be 7 years on the senior circuit for her.

This might be an unpopular opinion but Sasha's personality reminds me of Yuzu's - both can look all sweets and cuddles on the outside but are very strong and steely on the inside. Both are perhaps the most technically ambitious in their respective fields: Sasha wanting to land many quads and the 3A, Yuzu determined to land the 4A. I think if not for the language barrier, they can be pretty good friends. 

26 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I agree with you - I think Aliona can have a long career too, but she wants to retire early by her own choice so... Sasha did say before she wants to go to 2 olympics and retire at 22, right? still pretty young, but it would be 7 years on the senior circuit for her.

This might be an unpopular opinion but Sasha's personality reminds me of Yuzu's - both can look all sweets and cuddles on the outside but are very strong and steely on the inside. Both are perhaps the most technically ambitious in their respective fields: Sasha wanting to land many quads and the 3A, Yuzu determined to land the 4A. I think if not for the language barrier, they can be pretty good friends. 

They are at least, very good older brother and younger sister.

Otherwise, I don't think Alexandra Trusova has the same artistic needs as him, but they both have this "undomitable" side.

7 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

If I were to tell who, among Russian Ladies, is likely to have a longer career as a competitive skater, I would say Alexandra Trusova.

Yes, I think she will most likely have a long one compared to so many of them... I said ages out only because sometimes federations play favourites, as we all know... and you never know how politics can play out.

short interview with Danielyan about his surgery and recovery

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201022/danielyan-1581012512.html

Buyanova

I was pleasantly surprised by the steely character of Artur, who was very focused and firm beyond his years in his decisions, realizing that everything possible had to be done to restore the leg. Our whole team hope that all the problems will finally pass us, because we don't want the athlete to be constantly accompanied by pain. I understand that Artur is very tired of this and, thank God, that cardinal changes have taken place.
I am very glad that he has such a core and a desire to return to the ice as soon as possible. Our team will make every effort to make Artur happy the viewer again. a little different, God grant him patience and health.

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201022/danielyan-1581019520.html

Alena Kostornaia is 1m55 now! (She announced 1m53 during confinement, in May if I am not mistaken, saying it was her mother's height and she didn't expect to outgrow her; and she was 1m50 last season.)

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00102764.htm

Nothing surprising if recovering her 3A takes some time. I hope she can also get a quad.

The sad thing, is that I see her as less and less likely to be able to skate a program (for instance, a gala program) with Yuzuru Hanyu, and 3A.