Introductions

Hydroblade

This is very belated, since a ton of you have met me already and stuff,  but I might as well: 

I'm a longtime figure skating fan and have been following Brian Orser since the 1984 Olympics, but even before that I used to watch Toller Cranston on Canadian TV because he made lots of specials and shows and kind of made the art side of figure skating a thing in Canada. I've also been a casual skater since I was old enough to stand up on figure skates (like every little girl growing up in Canada at that time, really) and have taken some lessons but never got to any kind of competitive level. 

Yuzu first grabbed my attention with Parisienne Walkways at Sochi, and then again two years later when he debuted LGC at Skate Canada 2016. Which, incidentally, was held at an arena a ten-minute drive from my house. I remember driving by the place while the competition was on and idly toying with, then dismissing, the idea of trying to get a ticket, then going home to watch on TV what a fool I was.  I was blown away by how well Yuzu basically channeled the soul of Prince on the ice, it was amazing, and I watched him the rest of the season. 

But it wasn't until I saw the video of Yuzu's fall at NHK and was struck by an overwhelming sense of how much of a tragedy the injury was, and an even more overwhelming compulsion to pray for his recovery, that I started following Yuzu intensely. That lead to me joining the Planet in April 2018, right around the time of CWW. 

And since then, I've just been enjoying the company of satellites and trying to be a good neighbor and a good fan, attending competitions live whenever I can, and, well, adoring our boy. Who, really, is now no longer a boy. Does it sound weird to say 'adoring our man' ? :surprised_pikachu:

Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun and hope to continue. Yuzu's a great man and time spent watching him is time well spent.

• 2 months later...

Well, hi! I've been a fanyu since last august after watching PyeongChang's seimei and falling it love with his performance. I discovered this forum a few months ago and a few days ago i thought about joining here and give it a chance, so here i am.

Sorry if my grammar it's not perfect, english is my second language.

Lots of love and i hope y'all are staying safe!

59 minutes ago, blownrose said:

Well, hi! I've been a fanyu since last august after watching PyeongChang's seimei and falling it love with his performance. I discovered this forum a few months ago and a few days ago i thought about joining here and give it a chance, so here i am.

Sorry if my grammar it's not perfect, english is my second language.

Lots of love and i hope y'all are staying safe!

Your English is perfect, thank you for joining us, the more the merrier! Write much and often! 

• 3 months later...

Hello, 
I'm from Belgium, I'm in the 20s. My mother language is French.

Since I was young, I love watching figure skating.  Almost 2 years ago, I finally decided to practice this sport : I love it ! 
Among my favorite skaters are Japanese skaters, and of course Yuzuru !  He has so much talent and is so kind :-)

I'm happy to be able to discuss with Yuzuru's supporters from all over the world ! And if there are some Belgians in the room, don't hesitate to show up ;-)
See you soon

17 hours ago, Marie-E said:

Hello, 

Since I was young, I love watching figure skating.  Almost 2 years ago, I finally decided to practice this sport : I love it ! 
Among my favorite skaters are Japanese skaters, and of course Yuzuru !  He has so much talent and is so kind :-)

I'm happy to be able to discuss with Yuzuru's supporters from all over the world ! And if there are some Belgians in the room, don't hesitate to show up ;-)
See you soon

Welcome!! Hope you like it here :loveshower: There's also a thread for skating on the planet in the general skating chat section! 

17 hours ago, Marie-E said:

Hello, 

See you soon

Hey! Fellow Belgian, here :D

Le forum francophone est à peu près mort (:sigh:) mais n'hésite pas à participer à  toutes les sections en anglais.

Most of us are not native English speakers so don't be afraid to join the fun :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

There's also a section for the Japanese team in the "Igloo World" section if you're interested in them ;)

Thanks Veveco (yeah Belgian !), Flying Camel and SitTwizzle for your welcome messages! You are adorable. I'm glad I joined this forum.

All these sections of the forum to discover... I feel I'm going to love them :-)

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! 

My name's Christine, 21, and currently live in the US. I got into figure skating back in ....2016?? I think?? because Yuzuru's Sochi SP got recommended to me on youtube and I immediately spiraled down a rabbit hole haha. I don't skate myself although I have been meaning to for years now... never found the time though :( 

I've been in and out of the figure skating fandom ever since (with a lot of unfortunate life stuff getting in the way), but I've always kept up with Yuzuru's skates at least. My biggest wish is to see him live in competition at least once... with the season going on during the school year plus $$ reasons, this has yet to happen rip

Anyway, I thought I'd join this forum because I talk my roommate's ear off about Yuzuru and I'm pretty sure she's sick and tired of it LOL  

Excited to talk to so many other Yuzuru fans! 

PS, I made a fanvideo back in 2017 that I still think holds up pretty well if you guys care to check it out haha (sorry if I'm being obnoxious by promoting myself lmao):