Team Japan

3 minutes ago, fluffypooh said:

Is the blue for Olympic a Japanese tradition or is it true for other countries? :0006:

It's a lucky colour at the Olympics, but I think only for the ladies.

Since Tara Lipinski's victory in 1998, all the ladies Olympic champions wore blue for their free skate (well, Sotnikova's costume looked grey to me, but some say was blueish)

These are recolors of his previous costumes, though. The first one is a recolor of his LiL blue outfit and the second is from his 2014 SP, I believe. Someone  just desaturated the costumes in photoshop. 

It is oodles better than the green leprechaun one. And a deep V elongates a person, making them look taller, but I hate illusion fabric. Sometimes I understand why they use it, like on Shoma's deep v, it goes really low... but didn't Yuzu have it on his PW costume? That, I never understood, there was no hint of anything showing, lol. 

Blue always looks better on tv too.... I read that once about television as a whole, and it is certainly true in figure skating. 

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I want videos, Japanese TV, give us videos, videos, videos!!! *gets pitchforks* VIDEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOs!!! :free-random-smileys-161::devil3::madwife:

(Seriously though, we have both programs of Kaori & Marin, the SPs of Mai & Satoko.... but nothing from Waka. Lombardia can't come fast enough!)

Two more pics of Wakabby:

(Links lead to the Waka tumblr, original sources are here: 1, 2 )

(And yes, I'm copying it in like this because I never get the pics copied form the sponichi site :laughing: )

She's the ugliest peasant around I say, ugliest of them all :smiley-love017:

2 minutes ago, Joey said:

Two more pics of Wakabby:

(Links lead to the Waka tumblr, original sources are here: 1, 2 )

(And yes, I'm copying it in like this because I never get the pics copied form the sponichi site :laughing: )

She's the ugliest peasant around I say, ugliest of them all :smiley-love017:

She's sunshine :7938863::10636614:.

And I love her dress! (Why don't we have a clip of any of her programs? )

Guest turquoiseblue

The Honda sisters :10636614: :10636614: :10636614:

Honda sisters to be Yomiuri ambassadors

Three celebrities, figure skater Marin Honda, actress Miyu Honda and their younger sister Sara Honda, will serve as ambassadors for The Yomiuri Shimbun.

The three will promote the newspaper together through commercials and other media. Marin, 16, who is a high school freshman, will become the face of The Yomiuri Shimbun; Miyu, 13, in her first year of junior high school, will represent The Yomiuri Chukosei Shimbun for junior high and high school students; and Sara, 10, a fourth-grade elementary school student, will promote The Yomiuri KODOMO Shimbun.

The Honda sisters said they enjoy reading newspapers every day as they explain daily news in an understandable way.

“I’m very honored to be chosen as an ambassador,” Marin said. “We expect to enjoy doing our part, and hope many people will read the papers.