Team Japan

I'm a little disappointed he is doing Turnadot again so I am less excited about that, but I do look forward to his short.

He is doing different choreo for that though right? Will there be a different music cut and costume?

I am quite looking forward to his short as well. I think violin pieces suit him really well... even though a lot of people said that his short this year felt a bit "generic" in comparison to his free, I quite liked it...

Maybe he wants to copy yuzu and do R+J1.0 and R+J2.0. after all, it won him the Olympics :coffee:

I'm a little disappointed he is doing Turnadot again so I am less excited about that, but I do look forward to his short.

He is doing different choreo for that though right? Will there be a different music cut and costume?

I am quite looking forward to his short as well. I think violin pieces suit him really well... even though a lot of people said that his short this year felt a bit "generic" in comparison to his free, I quite liked it...

Maybe he wants to copy yuzu and do R+J1.0 and R+J2.0. after all, it won him the Olympics :coffee:

lol then perhaps yuzu should one up him and do R&J 3.0 ... :s_devil

I wonder who made the decision to go with Turnadot? Was it Shoma or his coach/team? Does anyone know...

I did not like his short...I think many people might feel it's generic also because both Mao Asada and Tatsuki Machida used the same music before and with better results imo. I don't know if you've seen those programs though :s_yes

I did not like his short...I think many people might feel it's generic also because both Mao Asada and Tatsuki Machida used the same music before and with better results imo. I don't know if you've seen those programs though :s_yes

I hadn't, but then I saw your post and went and watched them both! They're both amazing :love: But the year Machida used that music was the year he r****d right? :(

I hadn't, but then I saw your post and went and watched them both! They're both amazing :love: But the year Machida used that music was the year he r***d right? :(

Yes, it was that year.

I found it very hard to like Shoma's SP, Mao's LiL always came to my mind :grin:

Shoma said at PIW ice show that his Turandot choreography will be completely new. He hadn't even learned it all yet. Not sure though if it'll also be a different musical cut.

Shoma said at PIW ice show that his Turandot choreography will be completely new. He hadn't even learned it all yet. Not sure though if it'll also be a different musical cut.

I wonder how new could it be, you can pretty much replace music from one program with another and it'd look just fine, cause he uses that same arm movements and same glares.

Another piece of info from PIW - he was asked about his sleeping hours, and apparently he sleeps from 8 to 12 hours a day. Wow.

I wonder how new could it be, you can pretty much replace music from one program with another and it'd look just fine, cause he uses that same arm movements and same glares.

Another piece of info from PIW - he was asked about his sleeping hours, and apparently he sleeps from 8 to 12 hours a day. Wow.

Really? No wonder he's always about to drop off in press conferences

If I remember one of the older interviews, Shoma is basically following what the coach says, in music and choreography. It's why I say he has no style of his own.

For me, his in/pe is good (though I prefer his GPF to say his Worlds) but I feel like he has so much potential if he just stopped being a 'puppet'. Find his own music, with help of course, there's nothing wrong with it, and I think he could show us much more. Until he does, he'll be limited to what he has now, so I'm not surprised it's more of the same, in one form or another.

It's Shomas landings that bother me most. I slipped on a step a few days ago and did a superannuated version of his twisting knee bend in order to save the tray I was carrying - the way it's been feeling the last few days I feel sorry for him in 10/15 years time - if it takes that long.