Team Japan

Rika's going to skate her new program this Saturday.

I guess there won't be any video, bit hopefully somebody'd share information on music...

Wonder whether Jeff and Tom D still choreography for her new programs? I liked her sp of last season a lot; the free was a good try tho I was more excited for her technical layout instead of the decent program itself :s_yes

Rika and 3A... None of the ladies had a consistent 3A so far- not Mao, not Liza (even with her great technique). Even many men don't have a consistent 3A. It's nice to see the ladies try it, and i'm glad that Wakaba can jump it too, but.... :s_dunno

I just hope they don't get injured. Doesn't Rika already have/had a knee injury? Ow. And it doesn't look like 3As are rewarded unless you NEVER underrotate or fall on them, and judges don't shower you with GOEs unless you can do them with steps.

It's not worth it... not yet :nah:

Being consistent is more important right now

Being consistent won't be enough to win and maybe even for a medal. Eteri's girls will backload everything and/or possibly try a quad in the LP. And even then Rika lost to Gubanova too before, so...she might actually need it. And it's better to try it now and get used to it rather than try it once you're a senior, that way you deal with that kind of pressure from the start. Imo it was important that she tried it already last season, because when she fell on it she had the strenght to do a good program after that anyway, which is not something so easy to do.

I'm pretty sure they'll pay attention to her health, injuries are something you have to consider.

Rika's going to skate her new program this Saturday.

I guess there won't be any video, bit hopefully somebody'd share information on music...

Oh, maybe we'll get a small teaser? Even info on music and choreographer would be nice :grin:

I don't like Shoma's jumps, but tbh his stamina is great. He had 11 competitions this season, just imagine the traveling time give me a headache. One can hope he can improve his jump technique.

Maybe its just me, but I always feel Shoma looks a bit better in TV record, his two footed skating aka too many crossover only bother me when I watch fancam. Meanwhile Yuzuru is opposite. His speed, flow and even the jumps are much more impressive in fancam. I really hope I can watch both of them live :D

Seeing Sota at JOC workshop make me feel relieved. I worried since we didn't hear anything from him after he WD both GPs. If Sota and Dice can come back strong, we will have a really exciting men competition at Nationals :yay:

They're both wonderful live in their own ways for me. I couldn't take my eyes off either one of them and didn't get bored for a second. I found Yuzu's cool down during warm up on the first day amazing, and that was AFTER all the jumps he was putting out there. Just lovely skating skills. I found myself leaning in a bit closer in my seat when they skated their programs, because, ya know, just a few extra inches closer makes so much difference :grin: . It added to the intensity. If I could have stood and watched them by the boards, I would have. Some skaters were more boring than I expected, even among the top guys.

I agree, the 3A is the best weapon against Eteri's girls. Their 2As are not good, so they won't be learning it.

And once she becomes senior she can put a 3A in both the SP and the LP. As of now you can't put a quad in the SP so...it's better if the 3A becomes consistent now. (Trusova is learning 3A too ._. so she might have both a quad and the 3A). But anyway being consistent might not be enough. You Young is trying 4S as well after all.

I don't mind rippons and tanos, but only when they're used to highlight the music. It's basically just a flourish on a jump, and doing it on everything is like putting a flourish! on! every! word! and it loses its specialness. Does anybody remember when Wakaba used to land so many of her jumps and then immediately lean over and tilt her head? It's a great example of upper body movement as a transition (i.e. offsetting the balance, upper body movement as transitions isn't just any old arm movement!), but I'm so glad she's stopped that. :yay:

So far, aside of Shoma, who has announced their programs from TJ?

No one I think. Rika Kihira will reveal them this Saturday (I think?) but I don't think anyone has announced them yet.

So far, aside of Shoma, who has announced their programs from TJ?

No one I think. Rika Kihira will reveal them this Saturday (I think?) but I don't think anyone has announced them yet.

Thanks! Seems like prince ice world is today? I thought there will be quite a number who announce their programs haha