16 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Hmmm.... the best way I can put it is if you look at his landings for his 3a recently (and don't try to count H&L at worlds.... try to look at galas) it feels like he's forcing himself to land after 3.5 turns.. LOL sorry can't be of much help. I'm terrible at describing things...

“he's forcing himself to land after 3.5 turns” that's what I thought but I could never spot it...I don't know how to detect "opens up his body earlier" 

58 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Some of the FS rules are vague and frustrating. Some are fine, but not applied correctly.

My opinion about this speculation:

The bad

Reducing quad base but increasing the scale of GOE might make it the new PCS meaning judges will not apply GOE correctly anyway. They'll gift some to favorite skaters, whether its deserved for the program of the day or not. There's no consistency and a lot of favoritism - like some skaters don't put transitions before quads and get away with it while others do not. (Though since FS fans cannot agree on what's qualified as transitions or not and their level of difficulty, perhaps judges are the same.) Just saying, revising rules and not enforcing them or not penalizing judges mean very little change will happen. It's funny that instead of going through all of these revision hoops including increasing GOE and reducing other stuff, just trying to apply the rules as fair as humanly possible and getting up to date with technology and slow-mo is enough for FS fans. But whatever we ask for, ISU don't deliver and instead decide to throw us curveballs with more rules to remember and argue about.

The good

Eliminating one jump pass(?) and perhaps reducing quad bv although increasing the GOE scale might mean a push for better programs and quality of skating. Maybe as there will be a new era after PC Olympics instead of mediaplaying and attempting to increase interest in Figure Skating with overrated scores and new quad jumps (especially since the novelty will wear off eventually), there's an attempt top go back to drawing viewers through the quality of programs and jumps. Yuzu currently holds the world records and if another skater ever rewrites his records because of revised rules or not, I'll want that program to be just as worthy and as well-rounded - it's just sad otherwise.

1 hour ago, SSS said:

“he's forcing himself to land after 3.5 turns” that's what I thought but I could never spot it...I don't know how to detect "opens up his body earlier" 

I'm really sorry. I'm absolutely terrible at explaining / describing things. Even when introducing friends to FS, I give them links to tumblrs and youtube resources because it hard for me to do so. I'm hoping someone else can explain things better. hehehe.. Best I can say, watch his non-competition 3a landings as well as the speed of his rotations last season and compare them to his competition 3a.

Re: Reducing Quad BVs and giving +/- GOEs.. I'm kinda bummed they're not doing anything about PCS and focused on the TES alone. Although this new rule plus the reduced jumping pass may force skaters to go for quality instead of quantity, there is still subjectivity in the awarding of GOEs. ISU needs to revamp rules to be more clear and specific instead of it being vague and subject to interpretation.

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Hmmm.... the best way I can put it is if you look at his landings for his 3a recently (and don't try to count H&L at worlds.... try to look at galas) it feels like he's forcing himself to land after 3.5 turns.. LOL sorry can't be of much help. I'm terrible at describing things...

I was wondering why he was having trouble with his 3a landings in his exhibition this season. We only got to see those beautiful twizzles out of it once or twice. Is there a reason it would only affect galas, though?

My eyes are still babies about this but I rewatched the Ienai yo 3a in slow-mo and I think I see what you mean. Instead of a symmetrical arc the angle is forced down at the end by the landing leg?

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I'm really sorry. I'm absolutely terrible at explaining / describing things. Even when introducing friends to FS, I give them links to tumblrs and youtube resources because it hard for me to do so. I'm hoping someone else can explain things better. hehehe.. Best I can say, watch his non-competition 3a landings as well as the speed of his rotations last season and compare them to his competition 3a.

:xD:I did. The only thing I noticed was the recent 3As were "awkward"...it seems that they need more time in the air... which is opposite from "open earlier":xD: I feel bad for my eyes..maybe that "awkward" part is the thing...:sadPooh:

21 minutes ago, SSS said:

:xD:I did. The only thing I noticed was the recent 3As were "awkward"...it seems that they need more time in the air... which is opposite from "open earlier":xD: I feel bad for my eyes..maybe that "awkward" part is the thing...:sadPooh:

so he has been experimenting with controlling his jump height and distance?

/sweats nervously/... I'm gonna try to explain but like I said... I'm very very bad at it... :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

So... according to Sunday Station, Yuzu needs to jump 17cm higher and 1.1m further for him to land a 4a.

tumblr_inline_oowr3jq0Sn1qari14_500.png     tumblr_inline_oowr5kFPm51qari14_500.png

[x]

Distance is not an issue, I think. While he has great height on his jumps the distance he gets from his 3a is already outstanding (spans 12 seats)

tumblr_octewiwAGN1tbuttdo1_500.jpg

[x]

Fancam of Boston 2016 SP shows just how much distance his 3a covers (and this is from a backcounter entrance)

Spoiler

The way his flopped 3a jumps in the galas last season looked - his air position have started to get a bit tilted (when he normally has the best air position for his jumps, especially the 3a). I think he's training to get the maximum height he needs to jump the 4a. Mind you the entrances to his flopped gala 3a's were also from difficult transitions. I don't think he flops as much in competition because of muscle memory when he trains his programs. But this is all just my nonsensical theory.