In Yuzu's case going for -3lo combo, if he can rotate it and have a good landing, would be worth taking the risk IMO, because 3lo is his "spare" jump now. Javi and his "super combination", I don't know. It will be very hard to rotate and land decently. What would be better BV- wise: layout with 3lz3t3lo or layout with half loop combo? 

13 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Might need to hit up Plushenko. He's done many a 4t/3t/3lo in his day, so he knows a thing or two about 3lo combos. 

Who knows, maybe Yuzu asked Plush and/or Nobu thousands questions about it during FaOI :xD:

44 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

In Yuzu's case going for -3lo combo, if he can rotate it and have a good landing, would be worth taking the risk IMO, because 3lo is his "spare" jump now. Javi and his "super combination", I don't know. It will be very hard to rotate and land decently. What would be better BV- wise: layout with 3lz3t3lo or layout with half loop combo? 

Isn't BV of combo just simply add them together.

I am in team 4lz and won't change my mind if -3lo is beautiful...You all want to see healthy Yuzu staying in competitions for another two seasons, right..

The thing with a 3Lz3T3Lo combo is that it's only going to be factored by 0.7, so its maximum GOE will ever only be 2.10 and it's doubtful it would ever get that. In effect, Javi would be taking the 3T he usually uses in combo with a quad or his 3A, factored at 1, to add it to a (more) difficult combo that is factored by less.

A 4T3T3Lo combo, like Nobu and Plushy did... now that would be time better spent practicing, I think.

This without thinking of how hard it is to fully rotate a 3Lo at the end of a jump. Not even many of the ladies do this and they have lighter bodies. But if Javi has actually been training 3T3Lo ending combos, then I can't think of why he couldn't try adding that to a 4T. His 4Ts are pretty stable.

7 hours ago, xeyra said:

I honestly don't know what kind of work goes into stamina training in most sports so I don't know if this is normal or not.

Oh man... now I'm curious what stamina training Team-Brian-style is like!

/needs to read second Team Brian book or parse the first one even closer

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

His 3A-3T-3Lo during GPF'16 gala practice. Maaaaan... Uncle Max is right. Gala practices are the best way to try to analyse what he's planning. He did other crazy combos there as well...

Trollzuru planning for his Olympics while we all thought he was just doing it for fun... :knc_brian2:

8 hours ago, souyouki said:

Oh man... now I'm curious what stamina training Team-Brian-style is like!

Brian and Yuzu talked about the current stamina training during the media days. At the moment Yuzu is increasing his stamina only by doing lots of runthroughs. He said he has not done any physical training except the them. Good for his consistency. I bet he´s already doing mainly clean programs.

11 hours ago, Lyyli said:

At the moment Yuzu is increasing his stamina only by doing lots of runthroughs. He said he has not done any physical training except the them. Good for his consistency. I bet he´s already doing mainly clean programs.

I bet this will also help a lot in terms of confidence and mental state when going on the ice. Yes, competitions are always different from practice, but when you've done your program perfectly and repeatedly, nervousness and anxiety go away more easily. I think Yuzuru realized this past season that his mental state was a weakness of his, when his body was in perfect shape. So of course he worked on the only weakness he had left by choosing the two programs which are his more than any other, and by choosing layouts which he is certain to be able to do perfectly. 

At this point, I'm not even entirely sure I want to see that 4Lz so badly. But we'll see. Maybe he'll start the season right away with back to back perfect programs, so he will realize he can add the 4Lz without complicating the situation too much. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I bet this will also help a lot in terms of confidence and mental state when going on the ice. Yes, competitions are always different from practice, but when you've done your program perfectly and repeatedly, nervousness and anxiety go away more easily. 

It would be nice to know what is the difference regarding clean runthroughs between last season and this season. It´s probably huge. Last season two new programs and the injury delayed everything. Now the situation is very different. He´s in good shape and so able to go clean. I believe top shape is the best source of confidence. 

10 minutes ago, Lyyli said:

It would be nice to know what is the difference regarding clean runthroughs between last season and this season. It´s probably huge. Last season two new programs and the injury delayed everything. Now the situation is very different. He´s in good shape and so able to go clean. I believe top shape is the best source of confidence. 

Well, we know for sure that in the runthroughs he almost never did Hope and Legacy clean (quoting Max Ambesi from his worlds 2017 commentary 'even in the runthroughs, we never saw something like this from him'). Maybe the percentage of LGC was a little higher, but I wouldn't count on it, since LGC is literally the most difficult Short Program ever created. 

What about Chopin? Well, he did it clean during this summer c: we saw it once during the show, and twice at the media coverage day (if I'm not mistaken). Also, he knows he can do it clean because he did it clean so many times. This is fundamental. 

For Seimei, he said it himself he could do it clean very easily, before the layout update. I'm not sure if he did it completely clean during media coverage day, but the percentages are definitely gonna be higher than Hope and Legacy. 

If everything goes right from here to september (and everything will), we're in for a real treat. I think he never begun a season with such amazing shape. 

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I bet this will also help a lot in terms of confidence and mental state when going on the ice. Yes, competitions are always different from practice, but when you've done your program perfectly and repeatedly, nervousness and anxiety go away more easily. I think Yuzuru realized this past season that his mental state was a weakness of his, when his body was in perfect shape. So of course he worked on the only weakness he had left by choosing the two programs which are his more than any other, and by choosing layouts which he is certain to be able to do perfectly. 

At this point, I'm not even entirely sure I want to see that 4Lz so badly. But we'll see. Maybe he'll start the season right away with back to back perfect programs, so he will realize he can add the 4Lz without complicating the situation too much. 

I believe 4lz 5-quad "recovery" layout is also one of the runthrough layout