1 minute ago, Xen said:

I take back my word. Would this possibly replace the Combo of Doom in his layout? 

But he wrestled the combo of doom into submission (in the FS) by the end! It was no longer a COD, let's not forget this accomplishment. :space:

4Lo3T is probably more likely if he doesn't add the 4Lz, I think. For the BV upgrade.

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

But he wrestled the combo of doom into submission (in the FS) by the end! It was no longer a COD, let's not forget this accomplishment. :space:

4Lo3T is probably more likely if he doesn't add the 4Lz, I think. For the BV upgrade.

Was thinking more of a layout like : 4Lz 4S 3F// 4Lo+3T 4T+3T 3A+0.5Lo+3S  3A  3Lz  :facepalm:

52 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I'd say so too but then I didn't think there was much justification to add the combo @gladi mentioned yesterday, to Javi's FS, and yet he did think about that. I am honestly not sure any longer. Also I wonder if in some ways Patrick would have it easier to increase to four because Javier's been in the 3 camp for a good while now and is used to the rhythm of it all. Since it was Brian who mentioned gradual transitioning, I do think it's possible that is what we'll end up seeing.
And yes, Yuzu can do both but since he's the type who goes all out we'll know right away. Come on August. 

I know. That 3Lz-3T-3Lo combo makes absolutely no sense because he'd be stealing a 3T from a quad or 3A combo to add it to a jump that'd only get factored by 0.7. :/ Not to mention the high possibility of failing to rotate a 3Lo at the end of a combo..... Doing a 4T-3T-3Lo would make a lot more sense, even if hard to execute. 

23 minutes ago, Xen said:

Was thinking more of a layout like : 4Lz 4S 3F// 4Lo+3T 4T+3T 3A+0.5Lo+3S  3A  3Lz  :facepalm:

Surprisingly, this doesn't actually gain him much compared to a 'easier' 4Lz 4Lo 3F // 4S3T 4T 3A3T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz layout: 109.83 vs 109.98. It's not so great an increase to spend time on getting the combo on the 4Lo. 

29 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

4Lo-3T? Sure. Yuzuru has, in one of the practices during last season. It was very nice too, there's video on YT.

I think Brian is resigned to it yes, but seriously now, I think the Olympics season is the season to balance carefully the new (which is a necessity really at this point) and what is already familiar, in order to get the best balance for stability, ie consistency. Brian's been on this rodeo before so he knows this very well. There's also that Yuzuru himself is more conscious of and eager for consistency in his performances next season. So with a brand new quad, I think the chances for that particular combination are minuscule. 

This is pretty much what I think. Upgrading in this field is necessary, but striking a balance between adding new elements and keeping a good average is the most important. I think Yuzuru's last season ended up being a very good example of this, and he was right to push for the 4Lo and even the 4S3T in the end (it was frustrating as hell to watch, but if it's staying for good better to get past the trouble then). Whether he adds the new quad or ends up going for the 5 quad layout, now he's been there before and that experience will be a great help.

(And since this is all so reasonable, hopefully Brian won't murder him :rofl:)

13 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

(And since this is all so reasonable, hopefully Brian won't murder him :rofl:)

Would Brian have the time and energy to do so? He's got 3 male skaters gunning for the olympics under him, since no one mentioned Cha JunHwan. 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Would Brian have the time and energy to do so? He's got 3 male skaters gunning for the olympics under him, since no one mentioned Cha JunHwan. 

When one gets to that point of "can't deal with any more of your crazy shenanigans, you little shits", the energy is just there. Self-preservation is a wonderful thing (and I'm sure he's going to try and save what hair he has left :rofl::rofl:)

About the 4S3T combo: it got added mostly because of the lisfranc injury, right?

24 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Doesn't Yuzu usually have the same combo in the SP and the FP? you think he will change 4S3T to 4T3T like he is doing for his SP?

He could... which jump has the combo wouldn't make a difference if his layout has four different quads. But it might lower his BV if he doesn't add the 4Lz, depending on how he'd work his combos in. For example: 

4Lo 4S 3F // 4T3T 4T 4S2T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz is the exact same as 4Lo 4S 3F // 4S3T 4T 4T2T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz

but

4Lo 4S 3F // 4T3T 4T 3A2T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz is lower BV than 4Lo 4S 3F // 4S3T 4T 3A2T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz

Don't know how his GOE would go if he downgraded from a 4S3T to a 4S2T, though. 

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

Doesn't Yuzu usually have the same combo in the SP and the FP? you think he will change 4S3T to 4T3T like he is doing for his SP?

I agree.

Given how Yuzu gushes about how the 4T is almost as reliable as the 3A now, and seems to be able to do 4T3T with closed eyes, while 4S3T was such a nightmare last season, I see him more doing something like 4Lz 4Lo 3F // 4T3T 4S 3A3T 3A1Lo3S 3Lz (if he goes for a 4 quads layout)

edit : ooops soryy, many other answers, my post is useless :)

31 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

What about a 4Lz 4Lo 3F / / 4T3T 4S 3A+2T 4T+lo+3S 3A? Is this possible? What is the BV? 

It's exactly the same as one with 4S3T and 4T, as posted in the tables previously. :biggrin: