17 hours ago, SSS said:

just watched Nathan's new SP, I need someone to convince me Chopin's WR is fine....:knc_brian3:

It reassures me that Yuzu is never caught by surprise. He always knows what everyone is capable of. It's probably why he wants to do 4Lz or 4Lo instead of 4S. So... Chopin's WR will be fine.

I think people should really expect WRs to be broken this season by anyone. Quite a few have a BV much higher than Yuzu's back in 2015 and PCS will just keep on getting inflated for everyone. It doesn't mean Yuzu can't break them right back. But to be worried about WR at this point is just setting yourself for needless anxiety. As long as Yuzu can land more or less well his stuff, he'll be fine and break WRs too. And hopefully he'll peak at the Olympics. Here's willing!

9 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I think people should really expect WRs to be broken this season by anyone. Quite a few have a BV is much higher than Yuzu's back in 2015 and PCS will just keep on getting inflated for everyone. It doesn't mean Yuzu can't break them right back. But to be worried about WR at this point is just setting yourself for needless anxiety. As long as Yuzu can land more or less well his stuff, he'll be fine and break WRs too. And hopefully he'll peak at the Olympics. Here's willing!

Oh, if we're talking the 2015 scores being beat then, sure, that'll happen. but I think the combined total is less likely or will be beat by yuzu first, the ACI Sp score is...probably going to be a very short WR since the 4S wasn't even supposed to be there, i'd be real surprised if yuzu hasnt reset it by even a small margin by gpf, and H&L's WR is...eh. I see Yuzu beating it before anyone else does

I'm gonna do same tables to relax everyone:

SKATER LAYOUT MAX TES

POSSIBLE

PCS

TOTAL MAX SCORE
HANYU 4Lo / 3A 4T3T 66.61 48-49 114.61-115.61
CHEN 3A / 4F3T 4Lz 70.92 43-46 113.92-116.92
UNO 4F / 4T3T 3A 66.91 45-47 111.91-113.90

Yuzu is far more likely of hitting the max TES than any of the other guys. And as you can see, even if Yuzu is surpassed in the SP... it's by like 1-2 points, if clean(ish). SP is not where people need to worry about Yuzu. Just hope he doesn't pop anything in his FS!

Edit: or in his SP again.... :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

Oh, if we're talking the 2015 scores being beat then, sure, that'll happen. but I think the combined total is less likely or will be beat by yuzu first, the ACI Sp score is...probably going to be a very short WR since the 4S wasn't even supposed to be there, i'd be real surprised if yuzu hasnt reset it by even a small margin by gpf, and H&L's WR is...eh. I see Yuzu beating it before anyone else does

Oh yeah, the combined score may be hard to beat by someone not Yuzu for a while. Individual scores are more likely.

Agreed that Yuzu's sp record can be broken by a few people with their high BV. Even last year at World's Javi came very, very close to it. I love Nathan's sp this year... it has exactly what the judges are looking for and his elements are really well done (although the quality of many things, mainly the jumps, isn't yuzu-like).  Shoma's is good too, but I find his jumps can be a bit messy.... if the judges decide to call that.  If it happens, you know Yuzu will take up the challenge to get it back. Competition is motivating for him. Of course, I always want Yuzu to hold the records for as long as he competes, but records are made to be broken, right?

8 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'm gonna do same tables to relax everyone:

SKATER LAYOUT MAX TES

POSSIBLE

PCS

TOTAL SCORE
HANYU 4Lo / 3A 4T3T 66.61 48-49 114.61-115.61
CHEN 3A / 4F3T 4Lz 70.92 43-46 113.92-116.92
UNO 4F / 4T3T 3A 66.91 45-47 111.91-113.90

Yuzu is far more likely of hitting the max TES than any of the other guys. And as you can see, even if Yuzu is surpassed in the SP... it's by like 1-2 points, if all clean. SP is not where people need to worry about Yuzu. Just hope he doesn't pop anything in his FS!

It is not about 1 or 2 points..It is about the honor of WR and the consistent WRs..

And I also question WR score if it is not from Yuzu...They must be inflated.

And no matter how fancy Yuzu skates...Only 1 point difference in pcs...:(

10 hours ago, SSS said:

It is not about 1 or 2 points..It is about the honor of WR and the consistent WRs..

That's... not a very good perspective to have this season, to be honest. You should worry about Yuzu winning, not someone else breaking a record here or there. Because if Yuzu wins, it means he'll break them right back. So it doesn't matter as long as Yuzu achieves what he wants to achieve in February. (and along the way too! he already started at ACI! ish)

7 minutes ago, beki said:

Even if someone beats H&L's score, they can't overcome its impact. Because it was pretty much perfect. I just don't expect that level of poetry in motion from anyone else, even if they land insane quads. The spins, steps and GOE aren't there.

H&L score is like a joke...Still :salty:

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

That's... not a very good perspective to have this season, to be honest. You should worry about Yuzu winning, not someone else breaking a record here or there. Because if Yuzu wins, it means he'll break them right back. So it doesn't matter as long as Yuzu achieves what he wants to achieve in February. (and along the way too! he already started at ACI!)

True and I am dying...Lol

But still...I hope he gets NHK GPF national Olympics and worlds...And WRs...Too much?..Not too much ....:dpooh: