Yeah, that is a good point. Nathan can't really have many spare pairs of boots because who knows when they'll stop fitting, so he can only order spare boots shortly before he may need them.

I remember, when I was still lurking in GS and backtracking through the 2016/2017 season to find out more about what was going on in Hanyu world that Yuzu did have some issues with his Edea Piano boots, that he changed to at the beginning of the season, around the time of ACI. But it wasn't him mentioning this; I think it was Shirota.

From what I remember, he change his boot to piano (it was supposed to be harder ), and we suspect it was because of his lysfranc, that he needs sturdier boots than what he usually used. His problem is likely the usual problem skater has when they first "break in into their boots", nothing too serious I think? Yuzuru almost never mention boot problem, nothing I ever recalled. But then again this is a guy who does not mention he needs to do the surgery after Nats and not mention about his lysfranc problem at worlds. So I don't expect him to lament about something that is probably more trivial like boots (because this issue can be overcome more than injuries tbh). He rarely even mentioned his sub-par performance at the early season was due to his being off-ice for 2 months, he just said he needs to practice more haha.

About Miss Abe: I heard that she is more of a choreographer now after her marriage. Her husband still helps Yuzuru with his blades.

Umm why do you mention "after her marriage"?

She was married already when she was coaching Yuzu, and with two little kids (they are elementary school students now).

All this coach talk reminds me, who has coach Abe Nanami come to teach after Yuzu's departure? Is she still even a coach? (Sorry I'm new at the scene) :cry:

Part of the reason Yuzu could blossom so fruitfully under Borser is bc of Yuzu's solid techniques acquired with his previous coach, right? I think Brian has once said sth about being lucky that his students (Yuna, Yuzu etc.) all have adequate skills before coming to him. So why aren't more skaters reaching out for coach Nanami? Is there no one in Japan who could teach proper techniques??

I follow someone on weibo who went to Sendai last month. She saw Coach Nanami in Sendai Ice Rink. Seems like she's teaching some young kids.

About Miss Abe: I heard that she is more of a choreographer now after her marriage. Her husband still helps Yuzuru with his blades.

She was married already when she was coaching Yuzu, and with two little kids (they are elementary school students now).

I remember reading somewhere that she coaches less and less after her marriage and currently she does choreography more. Or someone said she wanted to do choreography more after Yuzuru moved to Brian.

I remember reading somewhere that she coaches less and less after her marriage and currently she does choreography more. Or someone said she wanted to do choreography more after Yuzuru moved to Brian.

I think I read that she prefers being choreographer more.

Sorry if it's off topic but I'm curious. I heard that prerotation is hard to recognize due to rule that not allow to check the take off. But what about the wrong edge call? Is it easier to recognize? Sorry I'm quite new to figure skating.I'm not english native speaker. Sorry if i say anything wrong.Thank you

Your english is fine, I am not native speaker too but I can understand it just fine, don't worry!

I think edge call is pretty easy to recognize, you can see that right before take off their blade would switch to flat or completely to the opposite side. Sometimes you can recognize it from the position of their legs too. I noticed many flutzer would kind of spread their leg before take off thus the tendency to switch from outside to inside is heightened.

Sorry if it's off topic but I'm curious. I heard that prerotation is hard to recognize due to rule that not allow to check the take off. But what about the wrong edge call? Is it easier to recognize? Sorry I'm quite new to figure skating.I'm not english native speaker. Sorry if i say anything wrong.Thank you

Tech panel can use slow motion to check edge calls for lutz and flip :)

They just can't use it to check for pre-rotations (or, using ISU terminology, for cheated take-off)

(And your English is fine!)

Why? :wtf: Isn't that they are both take off problem? I mean when you use slow motion to check the edge, don't you see the prerotation too?

Or the slow motion can see only the left foot?

Short answer: because it's ISU XD

On slow motion you can see a cheated take off well enough, but let's say you called for an edge review a flip ( or a lutz) and you didn't call the cheated take off in real time.

You get the slow motion to check the edge and you can see the jump is cheated (prerotation of 180° or more ) but you can't change your original call (no cheated jump)

(Sorry for the off topic!)

Why? :wtf: Isn't that they are both take off problem? I mean when you use slow motion to check the edge, don't you see the prerotation too?

On slow motion you can see a cheated take off well enough, but let's say you called for an edge review a flip ( or a lutz) and you didn't call the cheated take off in real time.

You get the slow motion to check the edge and you can see the jump is cheated (prerotation of 180° or more ) but you can't change your original call (no cheated jump)

I think it's absurd how they have to judge so many things right on the spot. not everything can be observed at once on the first try, so at least allow them to correct wrong calls! Is that too much logic to ask? :mad:

I think it's absurd how they have to judge so many things right on the spot. not everything can be observed at once on the first try, so at least allow them to correct wrong calls! Is that too much logic to ask? :mad:

Figure skating is a spectator sport, and especially with television broadcast, you don't want the judging/scoring to take too long in coming so people don't stop watching at home. Hence not a really long time allowed to double check and change much of anything.

@ anyanee: I love your avatar. That cat is judging all of us.

It's such bollocks that they don't allow for slow-mo checking of everything, specially seeing as the use of technology is spreading to many other sports. It makes everyone's life easier and gives a much fairer image. I know people who enjoy the skating but don't follow the sport because they feel the judging is too influenced by petty politics and the like and the scoring's not fair. Saying it can't be implemented because audiences can't handle to wait a bit more for scores... *sigh*