2 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I think clean and stable SP will be very nice to have - cuz it can help to create an image of a stable skater, a stumble or two in FS will not matter that much cuz there're many elements in it.

This was their strategy in the season leading to Sochi and we all know how that went.

43 minutes ago, meoima said:

I don't think he should wait several competitions to add the 4lz, after all he has been practicing it for a while. But of course going against Javi at AU where Canadian might prefer Javi over Yuzuru lol it's hard to say.

Oh I agree and I don't think he'll wait till NHK, I think we'll see it at CoR for sure but who knows.

It's incredible how time has flown and we are are almost in ACI week! It's like only yesterday we were waiting to see his LGC costume.

6 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

It's like only yesterday we were waiting to see his LGC costume.

Lol OT but since I wasn't in the fandom yet, I'm curious, what was the first general reaction? What about the change from white to purple? :laughing:

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Lol OT but since I wasn't in the fandom yet, I'm curious, what was the first general reaction? What about the change from white to purple? :laughing:

That he looked hot as heck but soon after came The Great Debate that I still fondly call in my head - Now You See Him, Now You Don't Argument - of is that white actually a good costume or not. Then came the nickname of the floating Hanyu torso and after that, well it was RIP white LGC. 

Purple IIRC just went back to hot, with a minor side dish of - did they just dip that into purple dye?

Seeing the scores at Lombardia Trophy what were the judges on? Seems like the judges really want someone to break Hanyu's  world record scores. I mean Shoma getting 319 at the beginning of the season!

It seems clear to me that they don't want Hanyu to repeat as Olympic gold medalist they want a new Olympic champion. I won't be shocked if Nathan or Shoma  win the Olympics. Quite frankly I expected it with the scores the judges have been willing to throw out to anyone like candies. 

14 minutes ago, Amura365 said:

Seeing the scores at Lombardia Trophy what were the judges on? Seems like the judges really want someone to break Hanyu's  world record scores. I mean Shoma getting 319 at the beginning of the season!

It seems clear to me that they don't want Hanyu to repeat as Olympic gold medalist they want a new Olympic champion. I won't be shocked if Nathan or Shoma  win the Olympics. Quite frankly I expected it with the scores the judges have been willing to throw out to anyone like candies. 

Yuzuru has proven that he can force the jugdes to give him what he wants by his quality skating when it's important the most. The more they don't want him, the better he will show them how great he is. Actually I think it's good, because I love to see the faces and the expressions of those who want to score Yuzuru low but can't just because lol

Btw the system will change after this season anyway so it's easy to understand why everyone is getting candies. Not to mention the influence of Bianchetti Bianconni on Italian fed... lol google that person and you will understand.

I don't agree with people who think the scores will be tamed after this competition though. More likely the scores will go wild more and more. But that we can't do anything about it. 

I don't think they have anything against Yuzu specifically, this seems more like marketing to me. They want to create suspense and rivalries because it gets people invested. I would be way more interesting if you have few skaters who are all capable of winning gold than having one dominant skater who is almost guaranteed to win. It is the Olympics after all, the time every four year when many people who don't usually follow the sport tune in for a short period of time, and they probably want to give them a close competition and drama.

I actually think we will see some interesting scoring for the ladies as well to create a rival for Medvedeva. 

Just a silly thought... recently Yuzu's been really chummy with Team Canada. There's the incident at worlds where we thought Tracy was pointing out his mom in the crowd but it was apparently Team Canada. We've also seen Yuzu have a conversation with Tessa & Scott... and most importantly, interactions with Chiddy! (insert Hilary Duff's Lizzie Maguire song "Hey now Hey now This is what dreams are made off :tumblr_m9gcveIckR1qzckow: LOL)... so can Canadian Fed not be harsh on his PCS at ACI. I guarantee they'll miss him when he's not competing in Canada (the financial gains alone LOL)

10 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Just a silly thought... recently Yuzu's been really chummy with Team Canada. There's the incident at worlds where we thought Tracy was pointing out his mom in the crowd but it was apparently Team Canada. We've also seen Yuzu have a conversation with Tessa & Scott... and most importantly, interactions with Chiddy! (insert Hilary Duff's Lizzie Maguire song "Hey now Hey now This is what dreams are made off :tumblr_m9gcveIckR1qzckow: LOL)... so can Canadian Fed not be harsh on his PCS at ACI. I guarantee they'll miss him when he's not competing in Canada (the financial gains alone LOL)

:xD: where did Yumi san actually sit?

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Actually I think it was the other way around where people thought it was Gabby and Kaetlyn she was pointing to but it was really his mom. I can almost make out what Tracy says in the Japanese broadcast. 

I do know that during practice his mom was sitting near that general area at least on day 1. (saw her sitting there with someone)  She was probably seated somewhere behind Gabby and Kaetlyn but all the photos I've seen cut off too much of the audience to tell. 

1 hour ago, kiches said:

Actually I think it was the other way around where people thought it was Gabby and Kaetlyn she was pointing to but it was really his mom. I can almost make out what Tracy says in the Japanese broadcast. 

I do know that during practice his mom was sitting near that general area at least on day 1. (saw her sitting there with someone)  She was probably seated somewhere behind Gabby and Kaetlyn but all the photos I've seen cut off too much of the audience to tell. 

let's say Yuzu was happy to see both team Canada and Mom :)

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

So... It's just challenger series but with only 2 spots you can bet JSF is watching. Right now, Marin just won US in't classic and Wakababy got PBs at Lombardia. Both skated clean. The pressure is on! It's Mai's turn next week at ACI. Good luck Mai! :7938863:

Somehow I'd rather they don't peak that early. I don't know hoe to say it... but I mean... it's more reassuring if they don't do well in senior B and even senior A.