For the people who are knowledgeable, would they be interested in setting up a mock judging panel?  I'm always interested to see how fans score compared to reality, as well as compare my own scores.  It doesn't have to be restricted to 9 judges (more participants the better!).  We could even pick specific events to judge every month or something!

This question may be suited for its own topic thread if the mods feel so...

1 hour ago, MaxSWAGG said:

For the people who are knowledgeable, would they be interested in setting up a mock judging panel?  I'm always interested to see how fans score compared to reality, as well as compare my own scores.  It doesn't have to be restricted to 9 judges (more participants the better!).  We could even pick specific events to judge every month or something!

I would love to see that happen, especially if people doing the scoring would explain why they gave the scores (unlike the real judges :smiley-angry022:).

5 hours ago, MaxSWAGG said:

I'd love to participate in mock judging, especially if we can set it up to score live once the season begins! But if we do past events, judging competitions after the fact is fun as well. I remember scoring 2015 4CC live and it was such an informative experience.

:hijacked: :offtopic:I actually would love to participate too haha. Should we do it? :4chsmu1: Calling @Yatagarasu here, would this be suitable for knicksknacks and we discuss it there?

Maybe we will do so for the top 3 or top 6 (final group) only? So that it won't be too much and we can start doing them for CS or JGP (and give short explanation on which bullet point we think they hit for GOE as well as a little elaboration on the PCS marking we gave them) :grin:

If TSL can do this so are we :P

I'd love to follow that if you guys end up doing the mock scoring, though I beg off participating since I can't distinguish a mohawk from a chasse on my best days anyway. 

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'd love to follow that if you guys end up doing the mock scoring, though I beg off participating since I can't distinguish a mohawk from a chasse on my best days anyway. 

We can be mock judges, not tech panel, the levels and UR/wrong edge would have already been called haha :biggrin: 

Unless if you disagree with the call/level of course ;) 

2 minutes ago, mcq said:

We can be mock judges, not tech panel, the levels and UR/wrong edge would have already been called haha :biggrin: 

Unless if you disagree with the call/level of course ;) 

I guess I can always give GOE as 'objectively' as the judges already do, then!

My problem would be the transitions PCS score for the above mentioned reason, but I guess I can corridor it too, since it's common practice already.

11 minutes ago, mcq said:

:hijacked: :offtopic:I actually would love to participate too haha. Should we do it? :4chsmu1: Calling @Yatagarasu here, would this be suitable for knicksknacks and we discuss it there?

Maybe we will do so for the top 3 or top 6 only? So that it won't be too much and we can start doing them for CS or JGP (and give short explanation on which bullet point we think they hit for GOE as well as a little elaboration on the PCS marking we gave them) :grin:

Coming, I was just there actually :grin: Go for it, it is perfect for SKK. 
I'd start smaller if I were you then expand, when you get the hang of it! Sounds brill.

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Coming, I was just there actually :grin: Go for it, it is perfect for SKK. 
I'd start smaller if I were you then expand, when you get the hang of it! Sounds brill.

Cool, let's do this once the season starts haha, just for fun, nothing serious :4chsmu1: 

Pretty sure there will be different opinions here and there, but that's where the fun is haha :biggrin: 

17 hours ago, Fresca said:

Thanks so much for the compliments!!! :dancingeggplant:

When I have time, I'll rewatch and try to put together a post with my commentary on their jumps from what I know. I'm afraid I'm not sure I'll be able to comment on take off because dance is so different from figure skating in this regard (for example, in dance all jumps begin with the same push off the floor- the plie- either on 1 foot or 2 and there is no such concept as prerotation because turnout is proper technique in ballet) but I will try to comment on everything else.

Hooray! Thank you so much Fresca! Just take your time. I (and I am sure many others too) have already been so thankful for all the insight you gave from the ballet perspective, :biggrin: and you are good at explaining things too. Here have some virtual flowers :thankyou:

32 minutes ago, mcq said:

Maybe we will do so for the top 3 or top 6 (final group) only? So that it won't be too much and we can start doing them for CS or JGP (and give short explanation on which bullet point we think they hit for GOE as well as a little elaboration on the PCS marking we gave them) :grin:

We could start with a GPF since there are only 6 skaters there. Lol

6 minutes ago, mcq said:

Cool, let's do this once the season starts haha, just for fun, nothing serious :4chsmu1: 

Pretty sure there will be different opinions here and there, but that's where the fun is haha :biggrin: 

You don't want to do a couple of the older ones, as a practice run? You could even pick something less potentially controversial for starters?

ETA Yes, what Max mentioned there, maybe do the GPF? :grin:

3 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

You don't want to do a couple of the older ones, as a practice run? You could even pick something less potentially controversial for starters?

ETA Yes, what Max mentioned there, maybe do the GPF? :grin:

Haha sure :biggrin:

We can do CS then since usually the skaters are not too many, I don't think I can do JGP since I am not as patient as Ted Barton :rofl:

7 minutes ago, MaxSWAGG said:

We could start with a GPF since there are only 6 skaters there. Lol

Sure can do, but that would be mid season already haha :biggrin:

I think I can do CS and GPS with all skaters, I can't do JGP there are just too much skaters. US Classic would be a fine start ;)

28 minutes ago, mcq said:

Sure can do, but that would be mid season already haha :biggrin:

I think I can do CS and GPS with all skaters, I can't do JGP there are just too much skaters. US Classic would be a fine start ;)

That's good too.  Even the GP events don't have many skaters.

And US Classic? Lol I was thinking of only competitions that Yuzu is in.  Haha.  I don't care either way though.