1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

I've been procrastinating yoga for ages and ages. And ages. I guess I'd better get to it now! But I never got past the one where you just lie back and play dead because wow, more sleeping and call it fitness... I know it's not how it's supposed to be, but. :biggrin:

It's vital to have it at the end of the grueling yoga session since it provides proper relaxation of the muscles you've been straining. Let alone it feels super at that time. 

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

It's vital to have it at the end of the grueling yoga session since it provides proper relaxation of the muscles you've been straining. Let alone it feels super at that time. 

I even have a friend who is a trained instructor and offered to show me the ropes so I don't hurt myself.

I'm running out of excuses. Hmmm that's kind of got running in it.

16 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Nope, stressing over 4CC and Worlds gained me three kilos :biggrin:

I did lose them just in time for the new season (and this thread) to start :13877886:

Eeek! So I guess we all need to pay closer attention to the scale as we approach the Olympics, right? :laughing:

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

You guys are going to want to do a straight-up Google search for Hungarian gingerbread for to enjoy the pretties. I would link pics but I am seriously too hungry now and this is not an hour of the day when eating is a good idea. I'M OUTTA HEEEERE!

I go to the Christmas market every December and buy gingerbreads to my family members. They then tell me every time how pretty they are and that they won't want to eat them :laughing: But before eating them, we usually hang them on the Christmas tree.

I usually give them gingerbreads like these:

karacsonyi_mezeskalacs-26-988x741.jpgMzesdszek-nagyok-1.jpg8609a9a7d112059ce6430417ef409c14--honey-

(x) (x) (x)

And these are the very pretty ones, for special occassions, like birthday, marriage, birth, etc..., often with a quote and a little mirror in the middle of it :smile:

Kalocsai-mint%C3%A1s-m%C3%A9zeskal%C3%A1

(x)

Look at all the paprika on this one :laughing:

8c6cf4b6ff2e35bfedfd008ef5cf4467--hungar

(x)

13 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I go to the Christmas market every December and buy gingerbreads to my family members. They then tell me every time how pretty they are and that they won't want to eat them :laughing: But before eating them, we usually hang them on the Christmas tree.

I usually give them gingerbreads like these:

karacsonyi_mezeskalacs-26-988x741.jpgMzesdszek-nagyok-1.jpg8609a9a7d112059ce6430417ef409c14--honey-

(x) (x) (x)

And these are the very pretty ones, for special occassions, like birthday, marriage, birth, etc..., often with a quote and a little mirror in the middle of it :smile:

Kalocsai-mint%C3%A1s-m%C3%A9zeskal%C3%A1

(x)

Look at all the paprika on this one :laughing:

8c6cf4b6ff2e35bfedfd008ef5cf4467--hungar

(x)

Oh, Sally, these are so pretty!!! We have something like this, too!!! But for Christmas and Easter our traditional cake is named "cozonac", I don't know how to name it in english ... looks like that:

cozonac%252C+carnaciori%252C+mom+and+dad

6235-0.jpg

It's so full of calories, with nuts and chocolate, one gains kilos only looking at it! :laughing: But so tasty! 

Oooh cozonac! I love the fact that I'm learning so many foreign traditional dishes through this topic! Please keep it up <3

Since we are in Christmas theme, I'll let you in a very heated eternal Italian debate: for Christmas, we have two kinds of 'cake' (that look like your cake, @ralucutzagy): one is called Panettone and one is Pandoro. (Literally they mean "Big bread" and "Bread of Gold"). Panettone is slightly more buttery, heavy, and filled with raisins and candied fruit. Pandoro is light, fluffy and covered in icing sugar. And the world is thus divided into two: the ones who prefer Panettone and the ones who prefer Pandoro xD Here they are:

pandoro-vs-panettone1.jpg

Btw, I'm team Pandoro bc I don't like candied fruit <3

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Oooh cozonac! I love the fact that I'm learning so many foreign traditional dishes through this topic! Please keep it up <3

Since we are in Christmas theme, I'll let you in a very heated eternal Italian debate: for Christmas, we have two kinds of 'cake' (that look like your cake, @ralucutzagy): one is called Panettone and one is Pandoro. (Literally they mean "Big bread" and "Bread of Gold"). Panettone is slightly more buttery, heavy, and filled with raisins and candied fruit. Pandoro is light, fluffy and covered in icing sugar. And the world is thus divided into two: the ones who prefer Panettone and the ones who prefer Pandoro xD Here they are:

pandoro-vs-panettone1.jpg

Btw, I'm team Pandoro bc I don't like candied fruit <3

If you won't have that Panetonne, I'll happily relieve you from it - it was one the most delicious things I've ever tried. 

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

If you won't have that Panetonne, I'll happily relieve you from it - it was one the most delicious things I've ever tried. 

Only the braver ones can enjoy the taste of candied fruit in a bite of soft sweet dough, so I bow to thee :laughing: I bet Yuzu is a too picky eater and would choose Pandoro tho

Actually, picturing Yuzu at a Christmas gathering is hard enough - in Japan, they eat fried chicken for Christmas, and Yuzu hardly eats anything fried, so what do they feed him?? 

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Only the braver ones can enjoy the taste of candied fruit in a bite of soft sweet dough, so I bow to thee :laughing: I bet Yuzu is a too picky eater and would choose Pandoro tho

Actually, picturing Yuzu at a Christmas gathering is hard enough - in Japan, they eat fried chicken for Christmas, and Yuzu hardly eats anything fried, so what do they feed him?? 

As long as I don't have to eat this... 

00021343.jpg

10 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Thank you for opening this <3

If anyone ever wants to know any good youtube cooking channels, ask away. I follow, like, more than 50 of them. I'm not kidding hahahah

Lately, I've been obsessing over bento's. I love pretty food, I love eating in boxes, and I love Japan. So it's a winning formula for me. This channel does the prettiest bentos ever. Sometimes the mom will cook, sometimes the father, and sometimes they make their little bean kid cook stuff <3 Adorable and delicious. 

I've been obsessively watching videos from this channel now. Thanks a lot.