General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

What are they saying??

I'll take another very very tentative stab:

"Anyhow, the door is open for you.

You have fairies like me rooting for you.

You're blessed with a team of familiars, Seimei-chan...

So say hi to the 8,000,000 gods for me~"

26 minutes ago, katonice said:

What's this? A clarification?

Mostly, it's because he doesn't actually say he's adding the 4Lo for certain, just that it's a plan. So maybe they're correcting from 'going to add' to 'may add'.

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Mostly, it's because he doesn't actually say he's adding the 4Lo for certain, just that it's a plan. So maybe they're correcting from 'going to add' to 'may add'.

Lost in translation I guess. 

Like everyone else, Javi's being cautious and is trying to manage everyone's expectations. We'll find out during ACI then. 

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Every other skater: I am practicing the jump, so that maybe I will be able to insert it in my programs.

Trollzuru Hanyu: I can land the jump, but I have no intention of inserting it in the programs whatsoever.  

Trollzuru Hanyu: I can land the jump, but I have no intention of inserting it in the programs whatsoever at this point.

It's actually what he says more or less

7 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Every other skater: I am practicing the jump, so that maybe I will be able to insert it in my programs.

Trollzuru Hanyu: I can land the jump, but I have no intention of inserting it in the programs whatsoever.  

Trollzuru's mind: I actually have lots of backup jumps and combos that I'm not gonna tell you guys yet and you guys will just have to wait for the surprise.

1 hour ago, souyouki said:

I'll take another very very tentative stab:

"Anyhow, the door is open for you.

You have fairies like me rooting for you.

You're blessed with a team of familiars, Seimei-chan...

So say hi to the 8,000,000 gods for me~"

:thanks: Can you explain what it means to 'say hi to the 8,000,000 gods for me'? Culturally I'm not sure of the significance

17 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

:thanks: Can you explain what it means to 'say hi to the 8,000,000 gods for me'? Culturally I'm not sure of the significance

yeap as @fluffypooh said, in the shinto religion there are so many Gods that in the japanese mythology it is said there are 8 million Gods in total, so the phrase 八百万の神 is used, it literally means 8 mil Gods but actually refers to all the Gods and Goddesses in the shinto religion :7562096:

2 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

yeap as @fluffypooh said, in the shinto religion there are so many Gods that in the japanese mythology it is said there are 8 million Gods in total, so the phrase 八百万の神 is used, it literally means 8 mil Gods but actually refers to all the Gods and Goddesses in the shinto religion :7562096:

So, not to make too much out of it, but I'm very interested in understanding more about the Japanese culture - why would H&L say to Seimei, 'say Hi for me' to the gods?

I'm thinking, to see the gods is to be dead (in my culture), so why is Seimei going to die before H&L???

Is it more like,  Seimei is going to have a performance so transcendent that he will see the gods? 

Anyhow, the other 3 lines from @runrun8383 are perfectly clear to me :2thumbsup: