General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Anony said:

Ngl, a small, paranoid part of me is just, what if those bids were real, what if they were filtered out by mistake or bc the bidder wasn't aware they had to reverify their bid(through e-mail?):13877886:

I very, very much doubt it. It's way too much money. Beijing is four years away and there's too much that can happen in 4 years, so I find it hard to believe someone's making Beijing preparations. Plus, like I've said before, it's stupid to push the bid so highly so many days before the end. The end will be crazy, though, because the final price might be lower than it could have been. (Since there might be fake bids in the hundreds of millions and the last valid bid around 4 million, but someone willing to try for 5 million, for real, would be put off by the 100 bids and unable to bid. That could actually be a strategy as well, but it's too early now.)

10 minutes ago, Anony said:

Ngl, a small, paranoid part of me is just, what if those bids were real, what if they were filtered out by mistake or bc the bidder wasn't aware they had to reverify their bid(through e-mail?):13877886:

Yep, I can easily see 10+Mil yen being coughed up by organizations or corporations or even trusts that bid for museums. And in those scenarios, it's highly possible that a request from Yahoo japan didn't get replied to immediately-and depending on what forms had to be filled, it may get stuck in bueracratic chain of commands (ie someone bids for 40 mil, but might be getting told by the big exec 30 mins later not to go that high).

Just now, yuzuangel said:

Anyway they should send the boots to Christie's or something. They do a lot of high profile auctions and it's wayyy more professional than this.

Christie might take a more significant cut than Yahoo auctions, plus it might be a mistake on the part of the charity organizers who didn't anticipate the bids to go that high.

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

Plus, like I've said before, it's stupid to push the bid so highly so many days before the end. The end will be crazy, though, because the final price might be lower than it could have been. (Since there might be fake bids in the hundreds of millions and the last valid bid around 4 million, but someone willing to try for 5 million, for real, would be put off by the 100 bids and unable to bid. That could actually be a strategy as well, but it's too early now.)

I was thinking it might also be a strategy to dissuade others from bidding. Our idea of early might be someone else's idea of "now's a good time"-there are only 3 days remaining.

OT but Happy 3kth page!!

When we migrated here, all the fans had generated over 4200 pages over YEARS.

Here, we have almost reached that in ONE THREAD in less than a year :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: you guys are amazing! I hope we can continue enjoying this place for many years to come:10742289:

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

(Since there might be fake bids in the hundreds of millions and the last valid bid around 4 million, but someone willing to try for 5 million, for real, would be put off by the 100 bids and unable to bid. That could actually be a strategy as well, but it's too early now.)

Or the person bidding 5 million might refrain from bidding because the bid is WAYY inflated.

Say there's a fake bid at 4 million. I want to buy it so I bid 5 million. but the bid is fake so the next highest real bidder is actually 3 million. Then i've just overpaid by a million. >:( This is so silly and unprofessionally done.

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

OT but Happy 3kth page!!

Here, we have almost reached that in ONE THREAD in less than a year :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: you guys are amazing! I hope we can continue enjoying this place for many years to come:10742289:

Yes, some are amazing, but some of us are just idiots who can't help ourselves idioting all over the internet. >_> #rprznt

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Or the person bidding 5 million might refrain from bidding because the bid is WAYY inflated.

Say there's a fake bid at 4 million. I want to buy it so I bid 5 million. but the bid is fake so the next highest real bidder is actually 3 million. Then i've just overpaid by a million. >:( This is so silly and unprofessionally done.

That, too, but as it's for charity, that wouldn't be so bad (I personally, could maybe let it go, because it's at least for a good cause. If I had that much money, I mean). However if there's a fake bid for 4 million and I can only afford 4 million, I not only can't bid, but wouldn't even try, so it might sell to the next highest bidder for 3 million. And that's a loss for both me and the charity. It's a mess, yes. And a risk for anyone bidding. That's another reason why I can't imagine companies getting into it... it's too all over the place.

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

That, too, but as it's for charity, that wouldn't be so bad (I personally, could maybe let it go, because it's at least for a good cause. If I had that much money, I mean). However if there's a fake bid for 4 million and I can only afford 4 million, I not only can't bid, but wouldn't even try, so it might sell to the next highest bidder for 3 million. And that's a loss for both me and the charity. It's a mess, yes. And a risk for anyone bidding. That's another reason why I can't imagine companies getting into it... it's too all over the place.

Right, maybe some people were interested, saw that it was at 100million yen, noped the f out of there, and now they've lost a potential customer :( (and it's at 5million yen now lol)

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Right, maybe some people were interested, saw that it was at 100million yen, noped the f out of there, and now they've lost a potential customer :(

Yep... though on the other hand, I don't think most people interested would believe 100 million to be real, so they might keep an eye out. But since it keeps going 4-5-10-50-10-5-4 wildly, it's hard to get an idea of what's real, so... yeah. It's a pain to keep up with something crazy like this.

8 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

OT but Happy 3kth page!!

I don't know how hard it is to manage this but you all are doing an amazing job and i love this place so much, thank you:10742289:

31 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Right, maybe some people were interested, saw that it was at 100million yen, noped the f out of there, and now they've lost a potential customer :( (and it's at 5million yen now lol)

I don't think the big bids is a turn off. People retract bids all the time, esp with things like these that go on for a long time. Not to mention if you're really interested in the item, if nothing else you'd probably like to see where the auction goes. Tbh what's more annoying is the fact that the big bids are up for a long time. There's a reason why auctions tend to go up at small increments, it's because people want to get the item for the least amount. So hypotheticlaly, if the bid is currently at 3M, slowly rising up, then all of a suddent jumped to 20M and stayed there for 2 hours, if the 20M turns out to be fake or was retracted, that's two hours of small increases to the initial 3M that the auction just lost.

But also that's why I thought some of the ridiculous bids might be real(or at least partially), yeah the jump from 5M to 50M was ridiculous, and tbh i wouldn't be surprised if the 50M was fake, but after the initial jump, there were small, reasonable increases being added to the 50M  before it jumped to 100M. 

3 hours ago, asiacheetah said:

They actually found footage of you in your seat crying and edited it in? I'm impressed.

They asked where we were sitting so they must've filmed while we were watching too (they came to find us at our seats a few times for comments).

2 hours ago, PomeloPooh said:

(I'm jumping past a few pages to reply to this so may lack context, apologies in advance!)

I had similar experiences, though it's with a less kind media. After the sp many Chinese fans gathered to take a group photo with our banners, and many JPN reporters started to catch people to interview on that spot. One reporter from TBS caught me and asked me about why I became a fan. I'm always tired of media painting him as an idol so I focused on how he is forever challenging himself and an amazing inspiration. I heard interviews around me of people saying they're fans because he's cute and cool and brave and sweet etc. But that night I saw people complaining online that TBS' news clip painted Chinese fans in a pretty bad light. Apparently none of our cooperative and enthusiastic interviews were included. Instead they chose clips of someone who bought insanely expensive second hand tickets, and of someone who cheer only Yuzu but stare at their phones during other guys' performances. That's when I started to undertand why some older fans dislike JPN media so much. Maybe not all of them, but they can select and distort facts for their purposes and bias so badly.

Anyway, I'm so glad yuzu knows and understands all that. What a wise and perceptive guy he is, seeming to know everything. The same as when he did the binocular gesture to see fans in corner seats, and when he thanks fans who can't afford to make the trip or don't have time for watchign streams, I feel it's such a bliss to be his fan.

The media will always cherry pick what they want to show, I think this applies even outside of Japanese media, which is why I was a bit apprehensive about allowing them to film. They didn't give a ton of context of what the angle for the piece was going to be beforehand, just that they wanted to do a bit on his international fans. I think for these types of tv spots/specials they usually try for the more extreme examples to showcase as it probably makes for better TV, so I'm not surprised. There were a lot of things they asked us that were probably more interesting than what they actually chose to show (we gave some pretty lengthy explanations about what we liked about him and his skating and none of that really got in). Luckily, I have a sense of humor so I was able to laugh (pretty hard at that) at what they included - although I thought some of the other examples of fans they included may have been shown with a slightly more mocking tone done for laughs.