Favourite Skating Programs [Non-Yuzuru Hanyu Edition]

1 hour ago, Puniyo said:

Ah Joubert, I kind of miss him on the ice (and yeah, when it comes to him, I remember James Bond or Matrix immediately :facepalm:). They do have this showmanship that is pretty entertaining to watch ^^

And the more you watch, the more you dig. Another 'movie' performance:

The ball is funny though :P 

He made FIRE!!!

I am so tempted to turn this thread into a Candeloro appreciation thread. I will just say to you "Lucky Luke."

Both James Bond and Matrix programs suited Joubert's style very much! I liked his skating very much too. I won't forget how he won his first Europeans title over Plush back in 2004 with Matrix and also Bond is very memorable because it was his short program in the season when he won his only Worlds title in 2007.

Back to the early 2000s....

Michelle Kwan's 'Fields of Gold' from the 2002 Olympics is my favourite exhibition in the ladies. It still brings me to tears after all these years :cry:

On 8/4/2017 at 2:51 PM, SparkleSalad said:

He made FIRE!!!

I am so tempted to turn this thread into a Candeloro appreciation thread. I will just say to you "Lucky Luke."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Does he ever do something not from movies or not interpreting a character? I has a 'Mission Impossible' too and the 'I'm too sexy' brainwashing song :P

10 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Both James Bond and Matrix programs suited Joubert's style very much! I liked his skating very much too. I won't forget how he won his first Europeans title over Plush back in 2004 with Matrix and also Bond is very memorable because it was his short program in the season when he won his only Worlds title in 2007.

He was the one I rooting for in 2007 and that time on TV they named him, Lambiel, Plushenko and Weir the Ice Kings. That James Bond program, besides lovely costume, had a very dramatic music cut that suited his style quite well. And this has made me nostalgic since I watched that Worlds SP 2007 live on TV. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody following this thread anymore? This ID pair wanted first of all perform for the audience. Through their career they kept looking for new unique moves and artistic performances, though they were not always sure how the judges would take them. Their choreographer was a dancer, he did both ballet and modern dance himself. The piece is Valse triste by Sibelius. This choreo brings to my mind Gaby and Guillaume. I wish they will some day skate to Valse triste too.

On 05.08.2017 at 11:52 AM, Puniyo said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Does he ever do something not from movies or not interpreting a character? I has a 'Mission Impossible' too and the 'I'm too sexy' brainwashing song :P

He was the one I rooting for in 2007 and that time on TV they named him, Lambiel, Plushenko and Weir the Ice Kings. That James Bond program, besides lovely costume, had a very dramatic music cut that suited his style quite well. And this has made me nostalgic since I watched that Worlds SP 2007 live on TV. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Awww, you guys, making me nostalgic again. I was always rooting for Brian when he was competing with Plushenko and Lambiel ( okay, I was rooting for Lambiel too, because how do you choose? :laughing:

He had such exciting steps and was so much fun to watch. 

On 5/8/2017 at 10:52 AM, Puniyo said:

Omg I love his skating! 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...