Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

8 minutes ago, Dara said:

FS: “Nelle Tue Mani (Now We Are Free)” from Gladiator performed by Andrea Bocelli

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2017/05/18/alex-krasnozhon-to-make-senior-debut-in-2017-2018-season/

Oh dear... Only on the second look did I realise that it's not the original Zimmer & Gerrard's masterpiece.

Powerful stuff anyway.

3 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

The number of warhorses is terrifying... I'm so scared about Yuzu's choices; I know we've been joking about R&J3 but what if he really takes on a beaten-to-death warhorse. :hopelessness:

At least he wouldn't be the only one? *silver lining*

3 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

The number of warhorses is terrifying... I'm so scared about Yuzu's choices; I know we've been joking about R&J3 but what if he really takes on a beaten-to-death warhorse. :hopelessness:

Well this is usually great music, just over-used so even if he does, I'm hoping with his overall content, we'll push through it :jumping0042:

I repeat what I've said before - R&J3- Prokofiev (there's a whole ballets worth of music to pick from) - Tybalt/Mercutio POV rather than boring star crossed lovers - fierce YH - it would work.

Equally he could pick something completely off our radar and make a new warhorse/ unrepeatable programme from it - that's the beauty of YH- you never know what you're going to get - enjoy the suspense!

I hope not- too cliche.

People seem resistant to R&J 3/Tybalt/Mercutio/Prokofiev- I really want Prokofiev, and I've just been looking at tickets for Matthew Bournes 'Cinderella' next winter.  How about that - he can be the Prince if you want to be traditional but I was looking at MBs Fairy Godfather in his white tail suit and it reminded me of the Xylitol white suit that Fresca was enthusing about in the general thread!

(not the abomination with the gold valance but the tailored suit with the gold tie)

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements