Your favorite costumes?

Agree on Yuna! Her dresses were always elegant and utterly exquisite, also kind of modest. A true queen :67638860:

These are my favorite. I remember someone saying the shade of yellow was ugly... Like, what? It is gorgeous! Also, the more I look at these the more I realize how much I love dresses with long sleeves for ladies :7938863:

1 часа назад , sallycinnamon said:

n5l8w3.jpg

tumblr_n1b7t41fkT1sk4z17o1_500.jpg

On 6/3/2017 at 2:47 PM, sallycinnamon said:

I can't help myself, I love them all. :laughing: I tried to put them in chronological order, except the exhibition costumes.

I love her Scheherazade costume, too, but it's not my favourite. And her pre-2008/2009 costumes were all nice (maybe except Tango de Roxanne) but those are not my favourites either.

I know! :laughing:

Here's another one of her costume that I like. I think this is 08/09 Ex?

2010081918183105798948.jpg

I also like So Youn Park costumes, my favourites: this black one, this midnight blue one, and another black one.

f90121d1d2fb288b8b124f9fe14fbdb5.jpg

Four+Continents+Figure+Skating+Champions

6f42a7f5e4400e23a4254ecb49c03cf9.jpg

17 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I know! :laughing:

Here's another one of her costume that I like. I think this is 80/09 Ex?

I also like So Youn Park costumes, my favourites: this black one, this midnight blue one, and another black one.

Yes, that was her 2008/2009 EX. I like that it was sleeveless, which suited her, but she rarely wore costumes like that.

So Youn has an excellent fashion sense! Great choices. My favouites are her Yuna's Les Miserables-inspired Romeo and Juliet costume and this black asymmetric one.

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, that was her 2008/2009 EX. I like that it was sleeveless, which suited her, but she rarely wore costumes like that.

So Youn has an excellent fashion sense! Great choices. My favouites are her Yuna's Les Miserables-inspired Romeo and Juliet costume and this black asymmetric one.

Ooooh! Those are great costumes! She seems to favour black :laughing: Also, I wonder if Korean female skaters just generally have great fashion sense, or just Yuna and So Youn.:pbow:

50 minutes ago, Smultron said:

Agree on Yuna! Her dresses were always elegant and utterly exquisite, also kind of modest. A true queen :67638860:

These are my favorite. I remember someone saying the shade of yellow was ugly... Like, what? It is gorgeous! Also, the more I look at these the more I realize how much I love dresses with long sleeves for ladies :7938863:

Yes, I love the modesty of her costumes a lot. I remember Tatiana Tarasova criticized her Adios Nonino costume during Sochi, she thought it was too conservative. I think it was modest and it suited both her style and the music. And the black and purple colours looked beautiful during spins!

I also loved the matching accessories, the hair clip and the earrings.

10 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Ooooh! Those are great costumes! She seems to favour black :laughing: Also, I wonder if Korean female skaters just generally have great fashion sense, or just Yuna and So Youn.:pbow:

I think in they have great fashion sense in general, but other skaters have different styles...So Youn's is more delicate, I think.

22 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I prefer when women skate in pants so I loved Yuna's suit for her "All of Me" exhibition but Marin Honda's Juliet was the prettiest I've seen so far. 

Omgosh yes, this was SO charming...

9d332b183b6beaa4f79f4d0f85135730.jpg

And Yulia's Kill Bill getup as well...love the gloves!

tLIDhuQoI4g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just been saying how much I like Satokos new dress on Team Japan thread and remembered this thread. It's very female oriented, so I'm going to throw in a mans costume I really liked last season - Jason Browns grey slightly military tunic.  It was elegant and subdued but still a costume - and for those who are bothered by such things, which I'm not personally, it was a very masculine look.  Someone circulate the name of his designer among the membership of the I'm A Bloke so I Have a Boring Costume Fraternity.

5 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Just been saying how much I like Satokos new dress on Team Japan thread and remembered this thread. It's very female oriented, so I'm going to throw in a mans costume I really liked last season - Jason Browns grey slightly military tunic.  It was elegant and subdued but still a costume - and for those who are bothered by such things, which I'm not personally, it was a very masculine look.  Someone circulate the name of his designer among the membership of the I'm A Bloke so I Have a Boring Costume Fraternity.

you mean this?

source: skokie valley skating club

Jason%20BROWN-2017-Worlds-Short.jpg

yes, it's :smiley-love017: