Other Sports

sallycinnamon

On 1/11/2019 at 8:06 PM, ralucutzagy said:

Good luck in your future endeavors, Andy Murray! :7562096:

I feel very sorry for him and that press conference was painful to watch :( . I know that he has done everything in the past twenty months to get healthy again and get back to the sport but it didn't help. Nothing is worse than to retire because of an injury :( I wouldn't have thought that he'd be the first one from the Big Four who retires...

I've been following his career for over a decade and I won't forget many of his matches and great victories. He's achieved so much in this sport - 3 GS titles, 45 ATP tournament victories, 2 individual Olympic gold medals and being a #1 player. He will leave a great legacy in the sport.

I'm watching his first match against Bautista Agut now and they're in the 5th set. Good luck Andy!

My heart always breaks when Roger loses... because it's one step closer to the inevitable. And, while Tsitsipas played really well, Roger made so many errors! That's what gets me, the errors... but still, Stefanos was better today and seems to have really stepped up his game recently. Great news for Greek tennis!!!

My power went out right in the 3rd set... for 3 hours I had no idea who had won, although I had a feeling Naomi would do it. Nice, refreshing character with hilarious interviews. ANA certainly knows who to sponsor, don't they? Top athletes in the world.....

And for Kvitova, after that awful robbery and esp the injury... so happy she is back at the top.  Look forward to more from both of them. 

Congratulations on the second GS title, Naomi! She can be the top ladies player in the next coming years/decade if she stays healthy. She has everything to be the best, she's talented, a hard worker and humble, too. It is a great result for Kvitova too, especially after the horrible incident that happened to her two years ago. 

I'll wake up and watch Djoko vs Nadal tomorrow morning. Can't wait to watch them, in the past days I only had time for figure skating haha

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that I should post this here since I recently wrote about him in this thread.

The Finnish ski jumping legend Matti Nykänen has passed away. He was way too young (55 years old) to go and is greatly missed. In recent years his life seemed to calm down and he had much to look forward, so it is really sad to see it end so soon.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:23 AM, lajoitko said:

I feel that I should post this here since I recently wrote about him in this thread.

The Finnish ski jumping legend Matti Nykänen has passed away. He was way too young (55 years old) to go and is greatly missed. In recent years his life seemed to calm down and he had much to look forward, so it is really sad to see it end so soon.

I only read about that on Tuesday and my heart jumped in my chest. He was one of my favourite athletes, in any sport, when i was growing up. So sad, in so many ways.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:23 AM, lajoitko said:

It's very sad that he died so young. RIP.

Thank you for the updates about Rikako. The whole country was shocked at this news and it still is. Life is not fair, I have no words. As you know, Wakaba is her friend and she said on Instagram that she went to the temple/shrine to pray. I wish Rikako the best, she is a talented, sweet, and smart athlete. 

• 1 month later...