Other Sports

sallycinnamon

55 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Except 2009 and 2016, Rafa has always celebrated his birthday in Paris in the past fifteen years - happy birthday to him! Can' believe he's already 33 :O 

I'm watching Roland Garros, Federer vs Wawrinka is on now! 

I'm watching too! But, ugh, Fed is not doing very well ... one set all and Wawrinka just made the break ... 4-3 ... ouch! Go, Fed!

5 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

It's a great match! Wawrinka is playing unexpectedly good after his ginormous match with Tsitsipas!!! 

He's playing really well, and so far it doesn't seem the long match against Tsitsipas affected him.

Two set balls for Roger but Wawrinka won the game. What a killer set. :13877886:

Roger won in 4 sets, congratulations! <3 Even if he couldn't play well in the second set and first half of the third set, he came back at the right time and started to play much better in the 3rd set and the 4th set. He's just incredible and showed again why he is such a great player.

Stan played really well at this tournament, he is not far away from his best form we've seen from him earlier, congrats to him too!

Can't believe we'll see a Federer vs Nadal semifinal on Friday. I just can't wait!:smiley-happy093:

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Roger won in 4 sets, congratulations! <3 Even if he couldn't play well in the second set and first half of the third set, he came back at the right time and started to play much better in the 3rd set and the 4th set. He's just incredible and showed again why he is such a great player.

Stan played really well at this tournament, he is not far away from his best form we've seen from him earlier, congrats to him too!

Can't believe we'll see a Federer vs Nadal semifinal on Friday. I just can't wait!:smiley-happy093:

I'll be watching for sure:popcorn::popcorn:

Yes, another Fedal edition... seems likely it'll be hugely in Rafa's favour, being the RG clay master and all, but like Roger said, you have to go out and play the match because you never know what is going to happen.

So happy to see it's for Friday because that's my day off. I was wondering how I was going to be able to watch bits of it while working on Thursday...

The second semifinal at RG will be Djokovic vs Thiem, as expected. 

It'll be interesting because they won't have a day off while Rafa and Roger have two days off between the quarterfinals and semifinals.

I'm happy because Roger and Rafa will play early, 13.00 local time, so I'll be able to watch the whole match then. (I just hope there won't be a interruption because of the weather).