Other Sports

sallycinnamon

WEG World Equestrian Games (world championships equestrian, more important than the Olympics!!!) in North Carolina were a disaster in so many ways...

Endurance had to be restarted after riders had already ridden dozens of km after they were sent the wrong way.

And then the whole Endurance got cancelled due to humidity levels.

High point of the Dressage, Freestyle got cancelled due to Florence.

And the Dutch dressage and show jumpers were so bad, it was a disgrace. ;-/

And that’s not taking into account the horrible state of the accommodations, terrains etc there, apparently the riders etc were disgusted.

Because I am on hols in the US, when planning this vacation I actually considered going to this event.

So glad I didn’t! 

Timo Boll won his seventh!! individual european championships title! That man is and has been brilliant for quite a long while now. Had the fortune of seeing him play in person two times already.

https://www.ettu.org/en/n/news/2018/september/timo-boll-won-his-seventh-title-in-singles-at-liebherr-ittf-european-championships-/

I am no fan of golf, having been a golf orphan from earliest childhood and having been a complete loss to both parents on the sporting front, never having managed to hit any kind of ball (stationary or moving) with any sort of implement.  However I was extremely grateful for the Ryder Cup this weekend, which gave all assorted octogenarians dealt with over an interminable weekend great satisfaction and a safe topic of conversation - go Molly-wood!!!

Much less satisfactory the news when I got back to civilisation and wi fi was the news that Uchimura suffered an ankle injury a month before the WC - left rather than right and 2days off rather than months but still ... :smiley-sad016:.... fretting.  Then Helsinki at the weekend immediately afterwards.  :smiley-scared005:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is it with Team Japan and the bloody pommel horse?  All of them except Kenzo Shirai fell off in qualification!!!!!  Thank god they don’t have to carry that forward, and they do tend to pick it up when the actual competition starts.  Consolation - Kohei Uchimura is top of the qualifying round on HB.  :sad4:/:happy:?