Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Going to Japan with my family next week and I haven't planned much of it. I was actually on the verge of panic the other day, asking myself what'll we do there when I haven't set a clear itinerary (just the basics--accommodations booked, JR Pass exchange orders purchased, but other that, everything's up in the air), but now I have reached an otherworldly YOLO zen and thinking of just doing whatever. I'll probably hate myself for that in a couple minutes because I'm a planner type of person, so I have my computer ready to look up actual places to go to and how to get from one place to another. :13877886:

But in reality my head is now planning my Korea trip in February :xD: 

3 hours ago, kaaaaaaat said:

Going to Japan with my family next week and I haven't planned much of it. I was actually on the verge of panic the other day, asking myself what'll we do there when I haven't set a clear itinerary (just the basics--accommodations booked, JR Pass exchange orders purchased, but other that, everything's up in the air), but now I have reached an otherworldly YOLO zen and thinking of just doing whatever. I'll probably hate myself for that in a couple minutes because I'm a planner type of person, so I have my computer ready to look up actual places to go to and how to get from one place to another. :13877886:

But in reality my head is now planning my Korea trip in February :xD: 

If you are anywhere near them seimei jinja or yuzuruha jinja XPP ...or sendai..or anywhere in kyoto...

5 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

If you are anywhere near them seimei jinja or yuzuruha jinja XPP ...or sendai..or anywhere in kyoto...

Ah, those (Seimei Jinja and Sendai, at least) are already in the plans! :laughing: The saddest thing about this trip is I got no tickets for NHK (so close and yet so far :sadPooh:), so might as well pray for him while I'm there.

3 hours ago, kaaaaaaat said:

Ah, those (Seimei Jinja and Sendai, at least) are already in the plans! :laughing: The saddest thing about this trip is I got no tickets for NHK (so close and yet so far :sadPooh:), so might as well pray for him while I'm there.

While in kyoto you could spend a day in higashiyama and gion (Kiyomizu-dera and yasaka jinja) that area is just beautiful and has great athmosphere. 

8 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

While in kyoto you could spend a day in higashiyama and gion (Kiyomizu-dera and yasaka jinja) that area is just beautiful and has great athmosphere. 

Yep, both are also definitely part of my very haphazard trip plan!

I'm panic-planning at this moment lmao. :13877886: The thing with this trip is that I was supposed to go do it alone but my entire family tagged along, so I can't just wing it for most of the trip like I could do if I were just with my sister or friends. Really, I blame NHK for this. :waffle: Had it been not as horrendous getting tickets I would have happily planned my trip with it. Because I couldn't get tickets, I resorted to the other event I could possibly go to, which was the Olympics in February. And once my mind was set on going to the Olympics, my brain just could not concentrate on Japan. I love Japan, don't get me wrong, it's probably my favorite country to visit, but the Olympics + seeing Yuzu + seeing friends again in Korea just took away all my headspace. 

39 minutes ago, kaaaaaaat said:

Yep, both are also definitely part of my very haphazard trip plan!

I'm panic-planning at this moment lmao. :13877886: The thing with this trip is that I was supposed to go do it alone but my entire family tagged along, so I can't just wing it for most of the trip like I could do if I were just with my sister or friends. Really, I blame NHK for this. :waffle: Had it been not as horrendous getting tickets I would have happily planned my trip with it. Because I couldn't get tickets, I resorted to the other event I could possibly go to, which was the Olympics in February. And once my mind was set on going to the Olympics, my brain just could not concentrate on Japan. I love Japan, don't get me wrong, it's probably my favorite country to visit, but the Olympics + seeing Yuzu + seeing friends again in Korea just took away all my headspace. 

I feel with you.....

As to Trip planning:

I fair best when I have one at most two main things on the itinerary per day and I let the rest come as it may. 

Edt: and a travel day is a travel day (if you go long distance like Sendai-Kyoto or sth like that). 

Until now I've only been to Tokyo Osaka and Kyoto, but I just love the atmosphere in Kyoto best. Don'T get me wrongTokyo is exciting and stuff and I like it, but I could see myself living in Kyoto for an extended amount of time.

2 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

I feel with you.....

As to Trip planning:

I fair best when I have one at most two main things on the itinerary per day and I let the rest come as it may. 

Edt: and a travel day is a travel day (if you go long distance like Sendai-Kyoto or sth like that). 

Until now I've only been to Tokyo Osaka and Kyoto, but I just love the atmosphere in Kyoto best. Don'T get me wrongTokyo is exciting and stuff and I like it, but I could see myself living in Kyoto for an extended amount of time.

Thank you! That's what I'm telling myself--travel is travel, and things happen and I just have to enjoy the experience for what it is. Also, yes! Kyoto is definitely at the top right there for me, what with having so many temples and shrines (goshuin trips!) I can go anywhere and spot some new place to visit.

27 minutes ago, kaaaaaaat said:

Thank you! That's what I'm telling myself--travel is travel, and things happen and I just have to enjoy the experience for what it is. Also, yes! Kyoto is definitely at the top right there for me, what with having so many temples and shrines (goshuin trips!) I can go anywhere and spot some new place to visit.

:tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:wish I could go  too...