Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Transportation nightmares.  My car has died, the rail line from my nearest station to the city centre is undergoing engineering work and now one of the main bus companies is on strike!  Getting everyone to where they need to be is taking military style planning and taking soooo long.:animated-smileys-animals-052:  Tempers are getting short

When I graduated I thought I was done with gastritis attacks that I used to get after every exam at uni... But nope.

ACI was not that bad because I was half asleep but watching CoR live got my gastritis acting up like crazy ughhhhhh, it's the nerves :facepalm: 

Stocking up on pills and suspensions before NHK :13877886: 

Home FS struggles. Part 2: Father.

Characters: me, simply trying to enjoy my hot tea in peace; my father, who suddenly arrived from his room.

Father: I've read in a newspaper that your Japanese skater is good, although there are five good skaters in general. *My father keeps call him Hanzu, I can't help laughing every time; corrections don't work*

Me: *automatically* six skaters.

Father: Ok. *Pause* they say our dansers were underscored in favour of Americans. *I think he tried to say everything he remembered about FS*

Me: *almost spiting up my tea* Nonsense! Who said this?

Father: Zhulin. And why are you reacting like this?

Me: *almost laughing* But he is the coach of our dance pair who got silver. It simply incorrect for him to say those things, isn't it?

Father: Why are you so strict? Maybe he is right.

Me: Ok. But I saw Americans, they were good.

Father: But it was Zhulin who said also that your Japanese is good. He even says that he roots for this Japanese.

Me: *keeping silence, puzzled as I saw no connection or logic in the last argument: Should I agree with everything that Zhulin says just because he is "pro" Yuzu?*

Father: *apparently getting angry because I disagree him* Frankly, I don't like your Japanese. He is like prissy girl. He has no muscles at all!

Me: *automatically closing by my fingers my favorite cap with Yuzu's photos, which appear only when you put hot water in - a friend's birthday present* Yuzu is'n girlish! He jumps a lot, it's impossible to jump without muscles!

Father: Ok, don't overreact, I just say that I dislike him.

Me: Ok. Got it. But in any case, you you're not obligated to. 

Fin: as usual, mini cold war in action but I still continue to drink my tea from Yuzu-cup.

P.S. I stopped just in time to not show my father Yuzu's photo with Plush to prouve my statement about muscles. Can imagine his reaction seeing my phone's photo-collection".

5 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Home FS struggles. Part 2: Father.

Characters: me, simply trying to enjoy my hot tea in peace; my father, who suddenly arrived from his room.

Father: I've read in a newspaper that your Japanese skater is good, although there are five good skaters in general. *My father keeps call him Hanzu, I can't help laughing every time; corrections don't work*

Me: *automatically* six skaters.

Father: Ok. *Pause* they say our dansers were underscored in favour of Americans. *I think he tried to say everything he remembered about FS*

Me: *almost spiting up my tea* Nonsense! Who said this?

Father: Zhulin. And why are you reacting like this?

Me: *almost laughing* But he is the coach of our dance pair who got silver. It simply incorrect for him to say those things, isn't it?

Father: Why are you so strict? Maybe he is right.

Me: Ok. But I saw Americans, they were good.

Father: But it was Zhulin who said also that your Japanese is good. He even says that he roots for this Japanese.

Me: *keeping silence, puzzled as I saw no connection or logic in the last argument: Should I agree with everything that Zhulin says just because he is "pro" Yuzu?*

Father: *apparently getting angry because I disagree him* Frankly, I don't like your Japanese. He is like prissy girl. He has no muscles at all!

Me: *automatically closing by my fingers my favorite cap with Yuzu's photos, which appear only when you put hot water in - a friend's birthday present* Yuzu is'n girlish! He jumps a lot, it's impossible to jump without muscles!

Father: Ok, don't overreact, I just say that I dislike him.

Me: Ok. Got it. But in any case, you you're not obligated to. 

Fin: as usual, mini cold war in action but I still continue to drink my tea from Yuzu-cup.

P.S. I stopped just in time to not show my father Yuzu's photo with Plush to prouve my statement about muscles. Can imagine his reaction seeing my phone's photo-collection".

I find cute that your father said "your Japanese" haha. 

This is a stark contrast between this situation that happened not so long ago at home:

An aunt: Hydro, i'm sorry but that Yasuri(don't ask)guy looks very girly...

Me: He doesn't care for gender roles, only skating :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Aunt: Yes but does he have to dress like that? (i had a pic of H&L Yuzu as bg on my phone) At first i thought he was a girl...

My 86 year old grandfather, a very traditional mexican man who lives by the fact that men should be macho af: You must have some sort of illness because it's clearly a boy. A teenager maybe, but that's a man for sure.

:laughing:

Also, what Yuzu cup i need one :slinkaway:

Haha, I'm enjoying your stories so much :laughing:

So... After CoR mom found me drinking my gastritis medication thing and asked what happened:rofl:I told her all about CoR and we watched the ladies free together (she is a casual viewer, nothing close to our level of madness here but she likes the sport and we used to watch a lot of it when I was a kid). And then I realized it was my chance and showed her Chopin and Seimei for the first time (jeeez, I was sweating and blushing like crazy haha). 

Mom: I hope you are not going to watch this every day over and over again? 

Me: *sweats nervously and giggles avoiding the answer* 

Mom: So, what's his name again? Yuzu? 

Me: Yuzuru. 

Mom: And surname? 

Me: *mutters* Hanyu..

Mom: Honey? That's cute! 

Me: :facepalm:

Mom: I see, a very beautiful boy (:laughing: 

2 минуты назад, Hydroblade сказал:

I find cute that your father said "your Japanese" haha

I'm afraid it's just my parents habit: thay say like this when they can't remember names or just don't care to remember (It was "your French guy" before, for poor Stéphane whose name sounded French).

6 минут назад, Hydroblade сказал:

(i had a pic of H&L Yuzu as bg on my phone)

Same now (waiting for new perfect Chopin to change it)!

I already like your grandfather))

8 минут назад, Hydroblade сказал:

Also, what Yuzu cup i need one

A genius thing! You know, there are those chameleon-cups with pictures appearing after you put hot water in (https://youtu.be/bnM9Hm6gmWM). After they became popular, big photo centers here in Moscow started to offer a special souvenir-service: to make a cup with any pictures you like. My friend ordered a cup like this with two Yuzu's photos for me. So I can begin every morning drinking coffee with my best motivator ever who "wakes up" with me. I'm almost sure, you also could find companies offering such service in the internet)

4 минуты назад, Smultron сказал:

Haha, I'm enjoying your stories so much :laughing:

So... After CoR mom found me drinking my gastritis medication thing and asked what happened:rofl:I told her all about CoR and we watched the ladies free together (she is a casual viewer, nothing close to our level of madness here but she likes the sport and we used to watch a lot of it when I was a kid). And then I realized it was my chance and showed her Chopin and Seimei for the first time (jeeez, I was sweating and blushing like crazy haha). 

Mom: I hope you are not going to watch this every day over and over again? 

Me: *sweats nervously and giggles avoiding the answer* 

Mom: So, what's his name again? Yuzu? 

Me: Yuzuru. 

Mom: And surname? 

Me: *mutters* Hanyu..

Mom: Honey? That's cute! 

Me: :facepalm:

Mom: I see, a very beautiful boy (:laughing: 

Thanks! Indeed. What can I say: he is beautiful! And for sure, he has some connection with honey :POOH:

Oh, I remember my sweating when I showed his performance to my mother for the first time. Fortunately, she liked it (without any fan's madness; but at least now I shouldn't explain why I'm not sleeping at 5 am during the competition. Just because Yuzu).

20 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm starting to think this is normal because i was sweating too the first time i showed my mom PW...

It's like the mainstream anxiety for when you're showing friends/family the things/people that you love... you are always hoping with all your heart that they will love it as strongly as you do... but it rarely happens! xD 

15 минут назад, Murieleirum сказал:

It's like the mainstream anxiety for when you're showing friends/family the things/people that you love... you are always hoping with all your heart that they will love it as strongly as you do... but it rarely happens! xD 

But moms still seem to be the most loyal :2thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

But moms still seem to be the most loyal :2thumbsup:

I wouldn't know, my mom tends to sabotage me every time I share with her my passions about something so I've simply stopped to be interested in what she thinks hahaha which, weirdly, makes her more chill about it. The things you learn! 

My mom used to watch FS when she was a kid and when I showed her some programs from nowadays, she enjoyed it, but said it's nothing like what she grew up with, so it didn't do much for her. She is generally supportive and listens to me babble about FS all the time, but she still gives me the :crazyshit2: look when I she finds out I'd stayed up most of the night to watch competitions :laughing:

Sorry for the off topic but I didn't know where to ask this question because asking in the general thread doesn't seem relevant. 

So I'm planning my trip Japan and I wanted some advice from anyone that have been there. I'm planning to stay for 10 days but I haven't decided where to go yet. Sendai is a must go to place for me, but other than that I could use some suggestions.:laughing:

The Yuzuru and Shizuka monument is at the Sendai station is it(?) So this would mean it's easier to travel to the station by Shinkansen from Tokyo(?). And of course I plan to go to the ice rink too. So does anyone has some travel tips? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: