Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

7 hours ago, Puniyo said:

I felt similarly when my elder brother got married. I have nothing against his wife and such, but they are so childish and the reason for their union was something out of this world. I was in this internal conflict of wanting to congratulate them but at the same time feeling that it was too early for them and too rushed. 

I guess this won't make me a better human being too but sometimes I wish I was less critical of things and people... :13877886: 

Well, sometimes critics are right. I mean, I only want the best for my sister and I think this is for the both of us. Some choices are obviously sad choices that may not lead to a happy life, and knowing her, knowing the person she's with, I cannot help but feel their union would bring a lot of damage, if they don't change the way they interact. 

It's absurd because I see her and him fighting and it's like I'm looking straight at my mom and dad - and it would be okay if that was it, because it's their life - the thing I'm most worried about is if they decide to have children without drastically changing a lot of relationship dynamics. 

It's true that in the end we cannot control other people's lives, and we're going to have to accept that, and live with that... still, I'm not going to pretend with her that I'm happy about it. 

54 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Well, sometimes critics are right. I mean, I only want the best for my sister and I think this is for the both of us. Some choices are obviously sad choices that may not lead to a happy life, and knowing her, knowing the person she's with, I cannot help but feel their union would bring a lot of damage, if they don't change the way they interact. 

It's absurd because I see her and him fighting and it's like I'm looking straight at my mom and dad - and it would be okay if that was it, because it's their life - the thing I'm most worried about is if they decide to have children without drastically changing a lot of relationship dynamics. 

It's true that in the end we cannot control other people's lives, and we're going to have to accept that, and live with that... still, I'm not going to pretend with her that I'm happy about it. 

Have you or someone older in your family who shares your view, spoken to your sister about your concerns? Many brides-to-be may still shrug them off, but I know in RL of at least person that says 'I wish my parents had explained their concerns to me before I got married'. I don't think you have anything to lose, and at least one can feel better having done all one could.

56 minutes ago, surimi said:

Have you or someone older in your family who shares your view, spoken to your sister about your concerns? Many brides-to-be may still shrug them off, but I know in RL of at least person that says 'I wish my parents had explained their concerns to me before I got married'. I don't think you have anything to lose, and at least one can feel better having done all one could.

Yeah, my parents are the 'live and let live' kind of parents and always allowed her to do all the 'mistakes' that she wanted, mostly. But I can think of at least 3 other relatives who would agree with me. So, who knows, maybe one day we'll make her an intervention xD 

8 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Today, the temperature difference between my office and outside was of 25C send help we are hotter than the Sahara

How can a person survive wit such temperatures!?!?! 

Summer is starting here and we have been having 30 to 33C and my brain can't function already :13877886:

8 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Today, the temperature difference between my office and outside was of 25C send help we are hotter than the Sahara

Hope you're alive there! Will try to send the cold weather we're going through your way. 

I'm soon going away and though I won't be online for like a day, I'll miss the planet terribly on that day... :( 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Hope you're alive there! Will try to send the cold weather we're going through your way. 

I'm soon going away and though I won't be online for like a day, I'll miss the planet terribly on that day... :( 

I'll be away for almost two days soon, too :'( I'll miss the Planet very much. 

2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

32 degrees in Bucharest too ... hot ...:13877886: and they say tomorow will be hotter ...

We'll have 35-36 degress in a couple of days. Now it's 32-33, which is hot, too, but I like the mornings because it's already warm enough not to wear a blazer, just a t-shirt.

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I'll be away for almost two days soon, too :'( I'll miss the Planet very much. 

We'll have 35-36 degress in a couple of days. Now it's 32-33, which is hot, too, but I like the mornings because it's already warm enough not to wear a blazer, just a t-shirt.

They say that will be very hot this weekend in Bucharest too, so :5918bda9c2674_0005(1): :5918bdaa089ab_0015(1): time!!!!

5 hours ago, Puniyo said:

How can a person survive wit such temperatures!?!?! 

Summer is starting here and we have been having 30 to 33C and my brain can't function already :13877886:

5 hours ago, Fay said:

This image sums up what i think of my city (No, i don't live in Phoenix and the temp yesterday was 10 degrees hotter than what the image says lol)

35 minutes ago, surimi said:

Today, I finally managed to install the right programs on my beloved stone-age PC, and can finally see Japanese characters on this forum and the Wiki! Woot! A thousand happy dances! :smiley-happy085::clap2::happy0158::smiley-transport017::studsmatta:

おめでとう!:kitty: