Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I get asked if i'm still in middle school or high school.

The other day a 13 yo tried to flirt with me because he thought i was 15.

I'm 25.

:dpooh:

Same thing happened to me some months ago at an ice rink, only the age gap was a little less embarassing. Still, he was 15 and I turned 20 this year. 

I guess if he had been a genius, I might have waited around for him to go 18 and then given it a second thought. But the point with male teenagers is that... they're all... they're all so dumb. :ohno:

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I get asked if i'm still in middle school or high school.

The other day a 13 yo tried to flirt with me because he thought i was 15.

I'm 25.

:dpooh:

I'm a few years older than you and I get the same question many times. And since I work at an university, the latter thing happen quite often to me. Well, at least they're 18-20s, not 13 :laughing:  

9 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I guess if he had been a genius, I might have waited around for him to go 18 and then given it a second thought. But the point with male teenagers is that... they're all... they're all so dumb. :ohno:

This is so true... haha! 

I'm teaching a class of grade 12 students so most of them are 17-18 years old and when they ask me 'Miss, would you date any of us here?'... I immediately think to myself 'if you really understood the word maturity, you wouldn't even ask me that'. :13877886:

I finally got an 8 (out of 10) in my last assignment.:yes2:

I just wish my 2 group mates would start contributing more. Not that they are not trying, but at this point, it is getting ridiculous. It also does not help that while I am doing my masters, they are doing their PhD and PDEng respectively. Yet, I do about 80-85% of the projects because what little I know about Matlab is apparently more than what they know, combined. :sigh:

20 hours ago, Katt said:

I'm a few years older than you and I get the same question many times. And since I work at an university, the latter thing happen quite often to me. Well, at least they're 18-20s, not 13 :laughing:  

OMG I also work in an (well I think we can consider it even) institution.. so they're close in age.. luckily no one has made me feel awkward (yet).

Oh wow, how did I just find out that this thread existed? Here's my random contribution: finished a huge ass programming project for class this weekend that I'd been tearing my hair out over for weeks. May or may not have cried at least 3 times during the debugging process. I have a really intense love/hate relationship with C++. Mostly hate, if we're being honest. But it's nice to see there's so many other members in the computer science/STEM field on this planet :) 

8 hours ago, obscurite said:

Oh wow, how did I just find out that this thread existed? Here's my random contribution: finished a huge ass programming project for class this weekend that I'd been tearing my hair out over for weeks. May or may not have cried at least 3 times during the debugging process. I have a really intense love/hate relationship with C++. Mostly hate, if we're being honest. But it's nice to see there's so many other members in the computer science/STEM field on this planet :) 

Oh God :sadPooh:

Once i went C# i never looked back. (Fun fact: a good chunk of the admin team is CS/STEM :P)

8 hours ago, Fay said:

We've just had a hurricane in Moscow which killed 11 people - and I just managed not to see or feel or hear any of it.

I was just reading news about it. I hope the capital recovers soon. 

Yesterday my sister cried when she discovered that her favorite band (which she became a fan this year) would split up in 2020 and I tried to comfort her and said that they still have 3 years to go. Then I remembered that 3 years was not much different than 2 years.

1 hour ago, kitsune said:

Yesterday my sister cried when she discovered that her favorite band (which she became a fan this year) would split up in 2020 and I tried to comfort her and said that they still have 3 years to go. Then I remembered that 3 years was not much different than 2 years.

(HUGS) Let's have a crying session together - all the three of us...