Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Today my day was made by a youtuber for which I have a huge crush on that replied to a comment I made on a video he had just posted. And called me 'my dear'. While he didn't reply to anyone else. I was so shook, I laughed out loud for 30 minutes. 

He's such a handsome Chinese fella...

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Today my day was made by a youtuber for which I have a huge crush on that replied to a comment I made on a video he had just posted. And called me 'my dear'. While he didn't reply to anyone else. I was so shook, I laughed out loud for 30 minutes. 

He's such a handsome Chinese fella...

I'm lucky to have a lot of those kind of experiences :D It's the good thing of admiring people with small fanbases, they interact a lot with the fans :sadPooh:

Guest turquoiseblue

Watching ISU adult competition now :figure-skating-smiley:

I liked a female skater who skated to Ladies in lavender and it was a beautiful programme with good choreography. She even did the same ending pose as Mao :img_21:  There was a male skater who did some good jumps with the spread eagle entry and exit, which was exciting to watch! I love watching all those programmes, performances, costumes. So many interesting and unique skaters with joy and passion :img_20: 

5 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Watching ISU adult competition now :figure-skating-smiley:

I liked a female skater who skated to Ladies in lavender and it was a beautiful programme with good choreography. She even did the same ending pose as Mao :img_21:  There was a male skater who did some good jumps with the spread eagle entry and exit, which was exciting to watch! I love watching all those programmes, performances, costumes. So many interesting and unique skaters with joy and passion :img_20: 

I caught some of it at work too. I only saw a few of the Gold FS ladies and ID  :4chsmu1: 

23 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

I hate it when someone tries to help me into my coat or jacket. I know it’s meant to be polite, and often it’s tricky to avoid it without looking rude :facepalm: I don’t even know why, but I just really don't like it.

:free-fighting-smileys-156: <---- this you?   

Must still be a Europe thing. I can't even remember the last time someone tried to help me put on my coat.....maybe a decade ago? Lol 

@ShiroKJ I wiiiiiiish, that would make my life easier. 

I think the universe just has it in for me and makes this happen to me because it knows that I don't like it :laughing:  (it happens way more often than it probably should :facepalm: for example it's standard procedure at the hair salon I usually go to. You have no idea how fast I always sprint towards that coat rack so they can't even get to my jacket before me!)

Actually, I hate it too. I become so clumsy instantly. And I hate being helped out of cars, buses, trains etc.

Actually, the only place where I really appreciate help is those ghastly staircases at London Victoria railway station - the station is ancient, they don't have escalators there, and I arrive at Heathrow and have to change at Victoria everytime... and I carry huge and heavy suitcases.

A colleague of mine is separated from another colleague of mine after the group work of the college, they called themselves "friends". How is a person friend with another person if any fight ends the friendship? The word "friend" is used so easily today. It's hard for me to use that word and it has a very strong meaning for me. In school I had a best friend, we were children who played, talked, fought, trusted each other without worrying about anything. We were not afraid to use the term "best friend forever" because it was true and to me it still is. But she moved out and for a while we kept talking on the phone and letters (we did not have email, face, whats and smartphone), but we ended up losing contact. Making friends got harder I ended up getting more cautious and picky. She left a deep impression on me that friends should be very important people whom you can trust and should not be used to refer to anyone. One day I hope to meet her again, to have coffee, to talk and to pass Whatsapp on the other so that we do not lose contact. It's been about eight years that we do not talk and she's still a very important person. Sorry for my little outburst.:sorry:

Here's a random finding. While on vacation in Italy, I ran out of the antihistamine Benadryl. It's available over the counter in the US, and I was shocked to hear that it wasn't available, even by prescription in Italy. Similar situation when I went to Canada. IBUPROFEN used to be prescription-only in the US, but has been over the counter for many years.  I was in Vancouver and discovered it was only available by prescription. I know the reverse is true - some medications are freely available in certain countries (antibiotics, for example) but are restricted in the US.

In response to kitsune (fox), my daughter (who grew up in California) did a study abroad program in Arica, Chile and Temuco. She is mixed Japanese/Caucasian and was asked constantly "what are you"?