The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

3 hours ago, Faithyu said:

And why does the english language refer to it as such?🧐

I just tried looking up the origin of the phrase and no one seems to really know. But it's supposed to mean 'the facts of nature' or the 'the facts of life' in reference to sex. Cole Porter wrote a very fun jazz song using the reference. 

I guess it comes from the fact that everyone knows what birds do in spring- i.e. mate and have babies - while bees are busily making sure plants can have babies? It's definitely more of a sex fertility image than a sexy one.

25 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I just tried looking up the origin of the phrase and no one seems to really know. But it's supposed to mean 'the facts of nature' or the 'the facts of life' in reference to sex. Cole Porter wrote a very fun jazz song using the reference. 

I guess it comes from the fact that everyone knows what birds do in spring- i.e. mate and have babies - while bees are busily making sure plants can have babies? It's definitely more of a sex fertility image than a sexy one.

Also - almost all the definitions of champagne confetti are not as explicit as the one.

In the US (or the one I grew up in) "Birds and Bees" was the "talk" one got kind of pre-puberty to loosely talk about the "facts of life" .

It's what happens in spring -

And that's why birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it
Let's do it, let's fall in love

It's falling in love - there is nothing, for humans, about actual sex anywhere in the Cole Porter song.  

8 minutes ago, barbara said:

It's falling in love - there is nothing, for humans, about actual sex anywhere in the Cole Porter song

Do a deep dive on jazz lyrics of the 20s and you'll realize differently...they were talking about sex even back then, only more discreetly. 

Speaking of, has anyone checked out the 'clean' version of 3D? They blanked everything out EXCEPT for 'champagne confetti' and 'ABG'. 😅

13 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Do a deep dive on jazz lyrics of the 20s and you'll realize differently...they were talking about sex even back then, only more discreetly. 

Speaking of, has anyone checked out the 'clean' version of 3D? They blanked everything out EXCEPT for 'champagne confetti' and 'ABG'. 😅

I like discretion -

the ABG inclusion is egregious.  Seriously, of the many many definitions, even slang ones, of champagne confetti, only the one is explicit or objectionable.

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh my God, I laughed til I cried... check it out:

That's clever but I don't think I'd want to be traumatized every time I want a nap.

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That makes sense since they're vague enough that a lot of us had to google them to know what they mean. But yeah, ironic since the latter is the reason the majority of objectors are against the song.

The only definition of "champagne confetti" I saw that wasn't explicit was interpretations of the song by Army, who I suspect either didn't do the research or were trying to make it more palatable to those who would likely object

But there's no doubt in my mind, considering that the song is about a reformed "F*#k boy and the " lyrics also refer to "playing with yourself on camera" that the intended meaning is the female orgasm, which in itself is a watered down definition

Spoiler

it's specifically an orgasm in which a woman also ejaculates

As for ABG, everything I've read and heard from another Korean American is that it's merely a descriptor of a specific subset of people and not necessarily insulting. While I did initially feel a sense of "ick" about it, I think that was more an emotional response to a lifetime of being a disregarded part of society than a logical one.  It's no different than saying WAG, BAP, WASP, etc. If you're against these types of terms in general, I understand and sympathize with the offense. But if you're ok with any of these and especially if you use the very common "Karen", which is not only arguably racist and misogynistic but undoubtedly derogatory, I don't see why ABG would be offensive.

And for "whoring", Jack's referring to the behavior of the "F__k boy" in the song, not the women

btw, Seven is more graphic than most people realize

Spoiler

"cha cha slide" refers to sliding the crotch of the underwear aside to get to her "cha cha" for sex

btw, Jack might be a 1 dimensional talent with juvenile, crude lyrics, but I do think this is cute - JK getting a taste of his own medicine

11 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

That's clever but I don't think I'd want to be traumatized every time I want a nap.

You could use it as a punching bag or throw it across the room, though, every time that bloody announcement comes out

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

OMG! JK's new album is named "Golden" :woop:

I hope he has at least one heartfelt ballad like his covers 

11 tracks?  That makes his the biggest of the solo releases so far. RM, Hobi, and Yoongi each released 10-track albums, Tae's and Jimin'sf were 6 tracks, and so far Jin has only done The Astronaut

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

OMG! JK's new album is named "Golden" :woop:

I hope he has at least one heartfelt ballad like his covers 

The UK BTS online store opened just on time for me to buy this without having to pay for extortionate shipping fees! 

I love his brain. I wish I could reflect like this on books but I'm more of a fiction reader. The only time I really put any effort into philosophy stuff was when I got 100% on a paper about Aristotle's view of love in 11th grade. No clue how I pulled that off.

Station head with JK was wild again today. That man is delulu himself :roll: