The Planet's BTS Fan Club

rockstaryuzu

23 minutes ago, amylance1215 said:

Yeah that seems to be the overall meaning, that he was a fckboy but now he has changed for the better. The verses still suck lyrically. Like Usher, Flo Rida, etc can do so much better while still being hella explicit. 

I have to say it again. I really like 3D w JK only. Love his vocals and the lyrics even, quite clever. I still can't get over champagne confetti, it makes me laugh everytime, in a good way haha

This is my issue with it too. I find JK's lyrics are sexy, hot, respectful, even a bit poetic, and still get the underlying, more explicit idea across perfectly well, while Jack's are like accidentally stepping in something unpleasant. The bit about multiple girls could be overlooked, if he didn't also talk about doing magic mushrooms, having ABGs run after him, and having an explicit video of his love object on his phone :sick:. Like, tone it down a little... leave the drugs and the offensive terms out, at least...

7 hours ago, barbara said:

I don't care if they are pushing the explicit version. Don't listen to what offends.  I just bought the alternative version on iTunes.  That's my statement.

And that's fine. You support him however you want to. 

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This is my issue with it too. I find JK's lyrics are sexy, hot, respectful, even a bit poetic, and still get the underlying, more explicit idea across perfectly well, while Jack's are like accidentally stepping in something unpleasant. The bit about multiple girls could be overlooked, if he didn't also talk about doing magic mushrooms, having ABGs run after him, and having an explicit video of his love object on his phone :sick:. Like, tone it down a little... leave the drugs and the offensive terms out, at least...

Now that it's been some 20 hours. I've been thinking about Jack's lyrics. Since he's talking about his past self, I suppose him mentioning those things are fine since that's what the past was. Like you can't change it, just ackowledging it. Like in literature, to get across how terrible a character is, the author will need to use the appropriate terms to get the point across. If the character is a racist then well, there will be racist remarks. Something like that I suppose. So now the only issue I have left with his verses are how subpar they are compared to how well versed JK's are. The difference is just jarring to the listening experience. 

I really like this account for how they analyze rap, through meaning and techniques. If you want you can look up their analyses on Yoongi's raps, so good! This thread is their take on Jack's verse.

This is incredible! The other 3 are "Easy on Me" and "Hello" by Adele and "Lalisa" by Lisa. For some reason I thought all global superstars achieved this but there's no Taylor, Beyonce, Miley, Drake, etc.

And the fandom is speaking with their Spotify listens. The main version of "3D" is third on the Spotify list for the 1st 2 days, but the alternate version was 38th on the 1st day and 83rd on the 2nd day. For some reason kworb is combining the counts for 3D on the 1st version - I've never seen them do that before. But combined, 3D would have been 1st both days. Bummer for me - I would have liked to have seen JK get #1 on Global 200 again. Seven is also seeing a push in streams but we're falling just short from 1st.

https://kworb.net/spotify/country/global_daily.html

I empathize with everyone who is offended by the lyrics, but I stream the 1st version just because it's the one more likely to chart and I see supporting the individual members as supporting the group. I thought about it, and after analyzing them, I don't think I'm offended by the lyrics, but I'm really offended by the double standards in America toward race relations - Jack wouldn't get away with this if he were talking about black women, whether it were actually racist or not.

10 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

JK was live on Stationhead! 

We love you, too, JK! 💕💕💕

lol are they cooking the new  BTS album for their 2025 comeback? lol jk but what if ...

:love:

It makes me laugh that JK, a whole month after turning 26, knows "everything". It's obviously pointless for anyone to let a just-26 yr old that he is woefully wrong on this.  He has SO much to learn and so much to live.  He certainly has experiences we don't know about, but "everything"?  I expect he'll laugh about this comment a few years from know (when he actually knows twice what he knows now.)

What is Jimin up to?????  Maybe a single?  I don't believe that he (or Tae) is planning on another album.  I'd love another Jimin single (don't walk all over TXT, though) but still hopeful that he and Tae (and maybe RM) will announce in the next month or so that they are going to enlist.  If Jimin does come out with something, I would think it won;t be for a few weeks, anyway.  But - hey, he could surprise us.

And Tae - this is so cute: