General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, Vivienne said:

Still remember how terrible Hiromi Go's voice was that time. A fan even removed his live singing and replaced it with the CD version  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Yes, this is the CD version. This is much better...:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

I like the song and his costume. I just hope Hiromi Go will sing better this time.

1 hour ago, daisyjune said:

Yes, this is the CD version. This is much better...:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

I like the song and his costume. I just hope Hiromi Go will sing better this time.

Oh no, even the CD version is bad. v_v I have a feeling it'll be another painful collaboration.

Kudos to Yuzuru for skating with a straight face to this (maybe he's tone-deaf, too, though *cough*POTO*cough*)

6 hours ago, kaerb said:

Found the full early documentary of 16yr old Yuzu called 'The New Star of Figure Skating' (there's Pt 2 and 3) - I've seen clips of his mother making his costume and also parts from this, but not the full documentary. Anyone know if there are English subs for the full thing and can link? Otherwise, happy to translate some fun tidbits (also, the clips of him repeatedly falling while trying to master his quads makes me wince so hard but also feel so inspired :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp: )

I've seen the full translation of this!

http://yuzuru-hanyu-translations.weebly.com/2010-2011.html

It's the Future of Tohoku documentary and you need to download it to watch it.  It's the first Yuzu documentary that I've watched and I really loved the scene where the little girl asked Yuzu for his autography! <3

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh no, even the CD version is bad. v_v I have a feeling it'll be another painful collaboration.

Kudos to Yuzuru for skating with a straight face to this (maybe he's tone-deaf, too, though *cough*POTO*cough*)

At least the CD version is subjectively bad. The live version is objectively bad. =P

And I don't think Yuzu is tone-deaf since his hearing is so sensitive. He has unique taste. :snpeace:

I'm not sure if Yuzu likes this song though. Compare this to his Hana ni Nare, Hana wa Saku and a few other programs with Japanese songs, he's lip-syncing those songs as he skates; don't see him doing this here. :idk:

13 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

At least the CD version is subjectively bad. The live version is objectively bad. =P

And I don't think Yuzu is tone-deaf since his hearing is so sensitive. He has unique taste. :snpeace:

I'm not sure if Yuzu likes this song though. Compare this to his Hana ni Nare, Hana wa Saku and a few other programs with Japanese songs, he's lip-syncing those songs as he skates; don't see him doing this here. :idk:

Well it's a pretty dull and unremarkble tune that not even a talented singer could save. I know FaOI's gimmick is live collaborations but they really need to find better people. It's so corny. >_<

I think he may just be a nerd about headphones, not a magical musical genius. Tone-deaf people still enjoy music (some too much, like certain singers >_>) and tone is different from noise sensitivity. No completely tone-undeaf person could deal with THAAA MUUUSIC OOOF THAAA NIIIIIGHT daily for a whole year. It would drive them mad! MAD, I tell you! #alreadydrivenmadafteronelisten

He's either at least slightly tone-deaf or remarkably tolerant. :P 

(I humbly accept everyone's protests against my blasphemy in advance.)

13 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

i love everything about phantom :cheer:

The POTO defense squad came o life thanks to you, SparkleSalad xD

(If I'm honest, I heard worse things than music of thaaa night, taught to me and choir I sang with back in middle school, where you're supposed to shape your taste in music, and given some of the choice made for us-I swear one song was literally different words sang on one high note for three minutes straight, and we had it in our repertoire for a  whole freaking school year- well... I'd rather bet on Yuzu's high tolerance rather than deafness xD)

That, or he wanted us to have a nice line to use as a summary of that pic over there--->:darklordyuzu: