General Yuzuru Chat

Super fast translation, yay

Really enjoying this interaction already between the Summer and Winter Kings. 'The Winter King' was the title of a novel, a reworking of the Arthurian legend. King Arthur is representative of chivalric ideals and hailed as the 'Once and Future King' very apt to describe Yuzu

4 hours ago, Anni said:

Unfortunately, the user deleted the post again.

You can also see the "news every" video on youtube 

This Fanyu was quick and already translated it.:2thumbs up:

Yuzu &  Kohei:shrimp:

[NEWS]

This post was tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].

WOOOOOOO we can call it a SURPRISE  :10815002:and icing on the cake and Yuzu is really innovative  :2thumbsup:and we feel a mutual respect between 2 huge GOATs and I passed the link on YT and there are already in 5H : 157 comments and this n is only the beginning :clapclap4:

4 hours ago, Madita said:

Yuzu is always innovative. Who else but him would think of inviting a gymnast to a show on ice. I can't wait to see what ingenuities the two will come up with. 
It's breathtaking and I bow to him.

:headdesk:  :wink_star:  

Google translation of the end of the article made me laugh sm....

Mr. Uchimura commented on his Twitter account, "It's finally been announced! No way, I'm so honored to be able to appear in Yuzuru Hanyu's show! Please enjoy the chemical reaction between figures and gymnastics!" . On top of that, he said, "#nottestellata, #Yuzuru Hanyu, #fucking gymnastics idiot, #figure god, #double Olympics alliance, #I know the Olympics, #I want to say it." added a tag.

@Yuzurellasaid 

This is so true! LOL! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Yuzu's power to inspire and motivate is incredible. He has such an impact and touches the lives of so many people. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I really look forward to what Yuzu and Kohei will come up with. 

:facepalm:The bolded bit is what Yuzuru does to others lol! :laughing: (ie turns us into idiots who will do whatever he wants!!)

EDIT: I checked the translation:

Taisō kuso baka yarō 
so....yeah! 

What could be more GOATed than being in one of the most exclusive clubs in existence 'the two times Olympic Champions club' Is this the hashtag? #五輪2連覇同盟

Almost fell over the salt mountain laughing, because silver medallists- access denied, one gold medal - membership application rejected. Sorry not sorry :roll::rofl3:

idc already on the naughty list 

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Summer King Winter King

Let's concentrate on the important issues, will Kohei also have a sparkly costume like Yuzu? 

Matching costumes?? If they do Rondo I can't quite see Kohei in...well you get the picture.  But Seimei!! or Tenchi! or LMEY even???!

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

Mr. Uchimura commented on his Twitter account, "It's finally been announced! No way, I'm so honored to be able to appear in Yuzuru Hanyu's show! Please enjoy the chemical reaction between figures and gymnastics!" . On top of that, he said, "#nottestellata, #Yuzuru Hanyu, #fucking gymnastics idiot, #figure god, #double Olympics alliance, #I know the Olympics, #I want to say it." added a tag.

@Yuzurellasaid 

Yuzu's power to inspire and motivate is incredible. He has such an impact and touches the lives of so many people. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

:facepalm:The bolded bit is what Yuzuru does to others lol! :laughing:

Taisō kuso baka yarō 
so....yeah! 

It seems to me that the automatic translation is not correct on this point. Marika translated it as 'geek'. According to a dictionary, 馬鹿 (baka) means also 'fervent enthusiast; nut; person singularly obsessed with something', esp. when used in compounds. I've read that in offensive usage it is written rather in katakana than kanji. And 野郎 (yarou) means also 'guy; fellow; chap; buddy'. So all in all this hashtag seems to have rather 'nerdy' than derogatory overtone. But I am not an expert, so maybe someone more educated can correct me.

1 hour ago, nekodearu said:

It seems to me that the automatic translation is not correct on this point. Marika translated it as 'geek'. According to a dictionary, 馬鹿 (baka) means also 'fervent enthusiast; nut; person singularly obsessed with something', esp. when used in compounds. I've read that in offensive usage it is written rather in katakana than kanji. And 野郎 (yarou) means also 'guy; fellow; chap; buddy'. So all in all this hashtag seems to have rather 'nerdy' than derogatory overtone. But I am not an expert, so maybe someone more educated can correct me.

I remember Yuzu calling Kanako "baka" because she got sick after eating raw fish at a competition - I think his meaning would be more likely to be idiot than geek in that context...he said he was allowed to call her that because they were the same age :laughing:

12 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I remember Yuzu calling Kanako "baka" because she got sick after eating raw fish at a competition - I think his meaning would be more likely to be idiot than geek in that context...he said he was allowed to call her that because they were the same age :laughing:

:jester: I have seen baka used in the context of being a fool or doing something foolish

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

Matching costumes?? If they do Rondo I can't quite see Kohei in...well you get the picture.  But Seimei!! or Tenchi! or LMEY even???!

Perhaps even coordinating costumes on a theme - Ice and Fire, Moon and Sun.

So much speculative excitement.

What has been really wonderful for Yuzu is being able to interact with peers. People like Kohei and Shinya are figure heads in their own spheres of expertise. They have nothing to prove and have no need for one up man ship. It must be enlightening and refreshing for great minds, great talents to be able to meet, engage in dicussion and share knowledge. Each of the disciplines has different challenges but also the similarities when it comes to achieving excellence. This is how the the previous eras like the Renaissance, the age of Enlightenment made huge leaps forwards - when great minds have chance to expand ideas.

18 hours ago, YuzuJay said:

marika translated the #tags of king Kohei's post. Very funny ....

10 hours ago, Pammi said:

@Yuzurellasaid 

:facepalm:The bolded bit is what Yuzuru does to others lol! :laughing: (ie turns us into idiots who will do whatever he wants!!)

Taisō kuso baka yarō 
so....yeah! 

7 hours ago, nekodearu said:

5 hours ago, Pammi said:

5 hours ago, Perelandra said:

:jester: I have seen baka used in the context of being a fool or doing something foolish

taiso kuso bakayaro

"Baka" means stupid, idiot or fool. The English equivalent of "bakayaro" would be akin to “stupid bastard”.

My guess is that Kohei is using "bakayaro" in the same way that we use "fool" in the phrase, "I'm a dancing fool" which basically means "I’m totally hooked on dancing."

"Kuso" means "shit", so that when a guy says, "Kuso!" after stubbing his toe, he is saying "Shit!" as an expression of annoyance. "Kuso" is often translated as "damn" or "damned" in English. There is no equivalent word in Japanese for the English expletive "fuck" or its various derivatives. As I have said before, the Japanese language is very swear word deprived. "Kuso!" may be the closest thing to the English “Fuck!” when used as an extreme expression of annoyance or emphasis.

I suppose that the words “taiso kuso bakayaro” could be loosely translated “super gymnastics geek” or “fucking gymnastics idiot”, bearing the above caveats in mind.

My take on "taiso kuso bakayaro" is "damned gymnastics loving fool”. If Kohei Uchimura spoke fluent colloquial English, he might say, “I’m a fucking gymnastics loving fool!” or “I’m a fucking gymnastics loving bastard!”

Edit: On further reflection, I thought that "Damned gymnastics crazy fool" might be more appropriate.

Edit 2: Or "Gymnastics crazy damned fool".

41 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

taiso kuso bakayaro

"Baka" means stupid, idiot or fool. The English equivalent of "bakayaro" would be akin to “stupid bastard”.

My guess is that Kohei is using "bakayaro" in the same way that we use "fool" in the phrase, "I'm a dancing fool" which basically means "I’m totally hooked on dancing."

"Kuso" means "shit", so that when a guy says, "Kuso!" after stubbing his toe, he is saying "Shit!" as an expression of annoyance. "Kuso" is often translated as "damn" or "damned" in English. There is no equivalent word in Japanese for the English expletive "fuck" or its various derivatives. As I have said before, the Japanese language is very swear word deprived. "Kuso!" may be the closest thing to the English “Fuck!” when used as an extreme expression of annoyance or emphasis.

I suppose that the words “taiso kuso bakayaro” could be loosely translated “super gymnastics geek” or “fucking gymnastics idiot”, bearing the above caveats in mind.

My take on "taiso kuso bakayaro" is "damned gymnastics loving fool”. If Kohei Uchimura spoke fluent colloquial English, he might say, “I’m a fucking gymnastics loving fool!” or “I’m a fucking gymnastics loving bastard!”

Thank you @Geo1 for giving such comprehensive translations and interpretation of what Kohei might have meant with his hashtag - he's a funny guy, I want to know what he says/means! I loved his interview with Yuzu :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:  and the extended version is on BS Fuji  in 6.5 hours, another early start for me courtesy of Mr Hanyu!!  I will watch using auto translate if possible, but always await Eng subs to get more accurate translations.