General Yuzuru Chat

On 10/22/2022 at 5:06 AM, Geo1 said:

I think that all Japanese and Japanese-speaking Fanyus are aware of this. I don’t know about the rest of the world.

There is a scene in a news broadcast during the 2018 PyeongChang Sendai victory parade when a Japanese lady Fanyu starts to tear up. When she was asked why, she said that she had just heard that Yuzu had donated all of his Olympic winnings to Miyagi and Sendai.

If you ever watch the 2014 Sochi and 2018 PyeongChang Sendai victory parade videos showing Yuzu from the beginning on stage, you will see him handing envelopes to the governor of Miyagi and the mayor of Sendai.

Yes, I remember watching this. However, I didn’t know it represented all of his winnings.

Yuzu's 'YuTune' channel 745K subscribers now, creeping towards the 1M gold button, but moving forward nonetheless

So pleased that Yuzu has the validation from fans all over the world. The comments are really heartwarming, It is really great that fans can communicate in this way

I have left several comments, including the usual begging to consider tickets for international fans and touring to other countries, but also to set up a fan mail address. Not sure how practical this would be, Yuzu would need a dedicated depot to receive all of the letters and gifts. Perhaps there is reluctance to organise this because Yuzu will most likely be buried under a mountain of cards, toys and designer goods

2 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

#Throwback

A great example of extinct species in ISU competitions. I'm envious of those who attended this practice session. 

Absolutely stunning, and one of my all-time favorite videos. This was the true WR, until he broke it himself with 24-Hour TV Roncapu. 

Don't we have a successor of Yuzu almost every year after 2015? How about asking those successors to get their first Olympics Gold Medal before we start our discussion on whether they are Yuzu's successors? I don't have to remind everyone that Yuzuru has two Olympics Gold Medals? 

2 hours ago, Anabel said:

That! I was about to tell myself that maybe it's not my day for watching FS, perhaps I'm too tired, or something, to get super excited and be really drawn into any FS program. But then I rewatched 17yo Yuzuru Hanyu's SP and FP from Nice 2012 and no, it's not a bad day. I always have chills when he starts his R&J final choreo sequence (not only then, but especially then). He really was something else, from the very beginning. And he still is.