General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

#Throwback

A great example of extinct species in ISU competitions. I'm envious of those who attended this practice session. 

Is that the October 24, 2019 Skate Canada International Otonal practice? If so, this is the full video. We were amongst the lucky ones.

May I just say how happy I am that Yuzu turned pro in a timely manner and didn't give any room to the ungrateful ISU and Western media to use him for boasting their favorites? I am so relieved that he is now creating his own league of the greats (even though just one great, himself :wink2:) instead of being used in the petty games of insignificant people.

Mind you, I don't disrespect any skater. I am talking about the keyboard heros, whether they call themselves professional journalist or long-time spectator, who love to see fall of the greats. I am so happy that Yuzu is out of this game. When you see how other sports treat their legends, you think ISU will get what they deserve.

3 hours ago, snowy said:

May I just say how happy I am that Yuzu turned pro in a timely manner and didn't give any room to the ungrateful ISU and Western media to use him for boasting their favorites? I am so relieved that he is now creating his own league of the greats (even though just one great, himself :wink2:) instead of being used in the petty games of insignificant people.

Mind you, I don't disrespect any skater. I am talking about the keyboard heros, whether they call themselves professional journalist or long-time spectator, who love to see fall of the greats. I am so happy that Yuzu is out of this game. When you see how other sports treat their legends, you think ISU will get what they deserve.

That being said, I cannot deny how much I miss the competitor Yuzuru. Sometimes I watch competitions, only towards the end, and see the results. Gone are days that I would follow every competition and keep the scores of all skaters. Today, I watched some of Yuzu's competitions and it was so nostalgic, there are so many memories attached to each of those years and now all is gone.

I can't forgive all the ones in official capacity in any part of the world that deprived us from watching Yuzuru competing for years to come. I was first and foremost a skating fan, I didn't even notice Yuzu in his first years. But, year by year he redefined the sport and now figure skating is not as enjoyable as before when I don't see that definition. Today I watched Isabeau and Kaori at skate America on Peacock (free account). Seeing how small the venue was and even that small venue was half-empty, in the women's event that is the most crowded in the US, told me I am not the only one that can't find a reason to follow the sport. I have attended Skate America and Skate Canada before but now even if I watch it on TV I don't have a reason to spend money on attending. I wonder who lost more in this pettiness, the competitions and ISU that lost us (and our money), we who lost the joy of watching the sport we loved or overall the sport that lost its savior.

Sorry for babbling endlessly!!! 

Here is the daily Yuzu for you (still feels so surreal to even write this way)

New Towa interview

The local tv channel uploaded yesterday's Yuzu part on Youtube.

I think this is un-aired part of the interview

And we already have a translation

[NEWS]

This post has been tagged by Yuzu_legend as [NEWS].

Google translation: "Sea Mall Shimonoseki 45th Anniversary "Nostalgic Panel Exhibition" I went to see "Look back at the newspaper extra, that time, that moment!" #羽生結弦選手 is 30 or more! I was impressed by the newspapers of each company on display The headlines of each company revived those days. This is the number for one person! After all, Yuzuru Hanyu is an amazing person!"