General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

North America.  Those of us who began this journey before the planet opened suffered a good deal from …. let’s call it the entitled attitude of certain US and Canadian Uber fans.  

I’ve just finished watching 2012 worlds from Kozuka on (it was a Japanese tv coverage).  Yuzuru was of course amazing, I’ve watched R&J1 more times than I care to remember in isolation but it was very interesting to see the embryo Fernandez and Ten, Chan in his considerable pomp, Takahashi also at his zenith ( though I can’t find him as alluring as his fans do, Blues for Klook was amazing), Jouberts matrix after loving Kaori’s version ( I like hers better)but also Abbott, Kozuka, Brezina, Amodio!  I had forgotten Amodio - he’s a coach now I believe and his style would suit Donovan Carrillo so well if the stars aligned right for them.  I noticed one thing they all had - they used their knees, all the time, take off, landing, steps, crossovers whatever- all of them had bendy knees , unlike Lysacek in that clip I posted recently or NC.  Must be a thing with certain US coaches.

Ohhh of course it's North America...duh, me!!

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu has always loved competing and still does, but he also expected to be judged fairly. He was sick and tired of being underscored and having the rules changed specifically to undermine him and boost his rivals. He knew that things were not right when he had nearly perfect scores, particularly in his PCS, at the 2015 GPF and then found his scores dropping in subsequent competitions when he was actually improving his technicality and artistry. This was the only logical decision he could have made if he wanted to retain his sanity and dignity. To continue competing in the toxic world of ISU with everything stacked against him and with no backup by the JSF would have been the end of Yuzuru Hanyu. Now he is his own man and free to take his skating to a much higher plane. He is going to have the last laugh with ISU and JSF. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Ice arenas with lots of vacant seats, will be a very cold dish indeed, the emptiness and chill will be a welcoming reception for the officials, like deep space.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Yuzu has always loved competing and still does, but he also expected to be judged fairly. He was sick and tired of being underscored and having the rules changed specifically to undermine him and boost his rivals. He knew that things were not right when he had nearly perfect scores, particularly in his PCS, at the 2015 GPF and then found his scores dropping in subsequent competitions when he was actually improving his technicality and artistry. This was the only logical decision he could have made if he wanted to retain his sanity and dignity. To continue competing in the toxic world of ISU with everything stacked against him and with no backup by the JSF would have been the end of Yuzuru Hanyu. Now he is his own man and free to take his skating to a much higher plane. He is going to have the last laugh with ISU and JSF. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

And note to all: When commenting on the ISU on Twitter, do not use the words "die" or "kill". You'll get locked out of your account for "inappropriate" language, though I hardly think that saying that the ISU is killing figure skating and that the sport as we have loved it will die.  Is this a threat to someone that I wrote the truth?  I think it was in response to them tweeting congratulations to Yuzu on his retirement.  I was not the only one with a choice response.  But locked out for two days.  Don't care.

3 minutes ago, barbara said:

And note to all: When commenting on the ISU on Twitter, do not use the words "die" or "kill". You'll get locked out of your account for "inappropriate" language, though I hardly think that saying that the ISU is killing figure skating and that the sport as we have loved it will die.  Is this a threat to someone that I wrote the truth?  I think it was in response to them tweeting congratulations to Yuzu on his retirement.  I was not the only one with a choice response.  But locked out for two days.  Don't care.

Don't worry, the entrance to the salt mine is open.

ISU will not even be worth negative publicity soon, as they head towards permanent irrelevance. Now that Yuzu is moving on to better projects, they will not loom over him with their menacing presence. They will shrink now that Yuzu has left their clutches, soon sponsors and broadcasters will stop paying them. Fanyus will not be donating to them any longer

11 minutes ago, barbara said:

Luckily I never actually post anywhere but here - my first experience de lurking was a disaster, to the extent that  I very nearly didn’t accept an invitation to join here - I’m glad I did but once burned…..

15 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

A compilation thread for all the news, tweets, video/translation snippets, messages, photos etc from the past 1 week that was posted in the General Yuzu Chat.

Have a look if you're interested! :68271262:

thank you so much sally :YuzuPoohLove:

I used to roll my eyes at Chiddy with his foot and mouth disease but I have to admit that he was a driving force in Yuzu’s early stages of his senior career. Saying how Patrick’s presence was big and how it felt like losing a goal when Patrick retired, Yuzu relentlessly chased after him and greatly improved from their rivalry. It’s so nice that Yuzu was able to approach him just before Chiddy retired and now they can both look back on their competitive career like this. One of the greatest rivalries ever. Real Estate and fatherhood changed Chiddy 😂 

Does anyone happen to have a link of the Makuhari Day 2 and 3 broadcast from yesterday (or at least the Yuzu cuts)? They had some new angles and clips of Yuzu looking for the bracelet that I wanted to watch again. :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

This is cute, let me know if it has been shared yet! 

Translation from marika: 

“The special programme was too good”

•Favourite ice cream flavour is chocolate cookies (cute)💗

11:11 Prayer ~ even ensuring to take screenshots

•Cheating scandal
Yuzu Pooh: “What do you mean?”
Yuzu: …” 

On 7/23/2022 at 4:55 PM, shina07 said:

Something I’ve been meaning to ask, was the Asahi interview done on a different day? And did I understand it correctly that he just came back from practice right before the interview? 

Yes, that's what he said during the post press conference interview with Shuzo-san (Hodo station). He retired from competitive figure skating (some would say he retired from JSF and ISU). But he is pretty much doing the same as he had been doing until now in terms of goals, drive, training, etc. 

Video dnippet with English translation of that part of the interview:

https://twitter.com/sarah_sohma/status/1549854201643413505?t=RHTuyXS6QvkurkyACt0-BQ&s=19

Written translation of the same interview he talks about being practicing the night before in page 10):

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].