General Yuzuru Chat

19 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

May I suggest we just make a general video category under 2022 Ice Shows called 2022 Media Appearances (or sth similar) and we put everything we get in the future in there as well? :D People are now using "Others" category and just dumping everything there...

EDIT: I saved most of today's stuff on our streamable but we just need a permission from the original streamer to publish them! If we don't get it, Xiupia's help would be very welcome indeed 🙏

Done! Would a thread be helpful too? To compile tweets and stuff. But I feel like people prefer to post in the general chat?

35 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Ooh would you be able to throw them in a Google drive? I can make a section in the video section. What should it be called? Announcement of pro career or Next Chapter?

Sure! Also want to include @LiaRy , I will get all our files from today in a google drive later on the day (I just took a recovery nap lol), thank you so much! 

@yuzuonice and @yuzuangel, you guys are the best! :YuzuPoohLove:

Seeing Yuzuru in the studio with Oda it took me back to 2013 GPF - Oda, Kovtun, Han, Machida, Y and Chan.  I went and watched the SP on YouTube .  Really brings home the decline in skating standards.  Pluschenko really robbed Kovtun of all momentum when he strongarmed his way into that sole mens place at Sochi.

10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

@Anabel

Good Day Lovely Satellites

It seems that people are interested to send a support messages to Yuzu.

Anabel and I have investigated using a high quality photobook service to compile messages

A separate thread will open shortly to discuss the project

General idea, take a photo of Virtual Pooh Rain with a written message for Yuzu and in which country you reside. We will put a Pooh on a map to show that support is Global.

Send photo, for inclusion in the project. Of course if you don't have a Pooh any visual tribute for Yuzu will be just as good

The most important aspect of this is that we would like Yuzu to see that lots of fans are excited about the future projects that Yuzu is planning and will continue to support him.

We want everyone orbiting the Planet to be included, if they would like to be involved.

The intention will be to send the completed photo book to Ice RInk Sendai

*As a matter of courtesy, we are appealing to any of the Japanese speaking satellites.*

Please could one of you volunteer to approach them, to check if it will be alright for the Planet to ask for their help to ensure that the gift reaches Yuzu.

Hide contents

Costs have been covered for both the book and postage by myself and Anabel. It is your involvement that counts

This is a great idea! Thank you for organizing this! :tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

18 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

Sure! Also want to include @LiaRy , I will get all our files from today in a google drive later on the day (I just took a recovery nap lol), thank you so much! 

@yuzuonice and @yuzuangel, you guys are the best! :YuzuPoohLove:

Yaay thank you so much!! I'm going to move all of today's stuff into the 2022 Media Appearances into a new category, we already have some videos in 720p/480p quality (direct streaming), but please do add any additional vids you have, and even ones in better quality, it'll be of great help! 🙏

4 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Good morning!  Yes, this Mr Shinya Kobayashi, sports journalist, who is explaining that JSF is keenly feeling the loss of his presence, and will likely face a severe decline in revenues.  In 2010 when Yuzu started competing JSF net asset  was about 1.1 billion yen, and the most recent figures indicate their net asset to have grown to 3.5 billion yen.  Mr Kobayashi says JSF's "face is turning blue", i.e. feeling sheer panic, knowing that they will lose the 10% take on all of Yuzu's revenues from his sponsors and earnings, but also they will face difficulties attracting the same level of spectators and sponsors. 

Sadly, as many of you know, this type of institutional bullying is not unique to JSF - I found the same attitude and behavior in others, e.g., I have had many dealings with the Japanese Ministry of Finance in relation to development finance, and I have personally witnessed and experienced how they bully and intimidate staff from other ministries and other institutions, including international organizations.  I don't think it's unique to Japan - power over other people's lives often makes humans behave in these despicable ways, and when it is institutionalized, the individual members don't even recognize it as such - they just go along with the flow.  I am so glad Yuzu decided to extract himself from this toxic relationship and to create his own place where he can heal his heart!  I am eternally grateful for his courage and wisdom to take this brave step forward, and I am also amazed and humbled by his compassion and strength never to lose his integrity in the face of such cruelty.  Many of us would have let the anger and bitterness eat away at our heart and become hardened and even cruel in response to such abuse and violence to our well-being.  Yuzu is showing us the way to deal with difficulties - and we will need his leadership and guidance in what will likely be a very turbulent and unstable world.  I am hoping he will step up beyond the skating experience and take a larger leadership role on a global stage!  

I was thinking this same thing. Now I think that the costume and general theme of Raison (the struggle between loneliness/corruption and a pure heart) makes even more sense in this context. We thought so already, but hearing it from Yuzu makes it even harder. :crybaby:

1 hour ago, caramelicht said:

imo, maybe he'll come back for competition, long in the future (probably just to show the ideal FS he's admired all along) and then back to retire but after watching some interviews, i feel that is pretty unlikely to go back if the environment of comp is still the same (again we never know what would happen in the future). his decision for this new stage is also to take care of his mental health (look at how glowing and younger he has become since his retirement. he looks so free and healthy!). He's been pretty vocal about what he felt all this time since yesterday. That competition passion, well he did say that he remains the same it just that he changed the stage to where people acknowledge and appreciate his skating skill because he loves people to watch him. That's why he always ask us to keep expecting, looking forward and supporting him.

back then our support won't reflect in the result of competition, but this time showing our support would reflect in the result of his "competition".

Agree with you.

I feel we may never know the future especially Yuzuru. He is very unpredictable in the good sense. It's pointless for us fans to speculate that this will be his final retirement or what not. His mind doesn't work like the rest. I just hope he is mentally and physically well rested for a long time for now. 

I've been away from the board a few days, and I see there are some interviews etc., that I haven't had time to read.... but does anyone get any impression hat he's not totally, absolutely,  done competing? I mean, he's resolute now in becoming professional, but his insistence on not retiring and only improving makes me wonder a tiny bit if in his mind there's a tiny Crack in that now closed door. Makes me wonder if, after a time of mental and physical healing (I'm not sure that ankle has ever really healed), and after seeing what the amateur skating field looks like (and how the judging and scoring is going, big factor there), he might try his luck again. Obviously, he's done it all and he's looking forward to his future, but some great athletes exit and return,  across many sports, so I was just pondering out loud. 

5 minutes ago, liv said:

I've been away from the board a few days, and I see there are some interviews etc., that I haven't had time to read.... but does anyone get any impression hat he's not totally, absolutely,  done competing? I mean, he's resolute now in becoming professional, but his insistence on not retiring and only improving makes me wonder a tiny bit if in his mind there's a tiny Crack in that now closed door. Makes me wonder if, after a time of mental and physical healing (I'm not sure that ankle has ever really healed), and after seeing what the amateur skating field looks like (and how the judging and scoring is going, big factor there), he might try his luck again. Obviously, he's done it all and he's looking forward to his future, but some great athletes exit and return,  across many sports, so I was just pondering out loud. 

I hold a slightly different idea here 0.0. I think he is quite clear that he would not miss the amateur competition during the press con, but he would bring more excitement to his programs so that fanyu would still feel that intense during competition. 

My take away from the presscon is that, the change in rule is the biggest (if not est then still the bigger) factor that lead to this decision, though he has been thinking about turning into pro for a while. He want to perform the programs that fit his passion for figure skating, but apparently that's not what the rules required or appreciate. He also said "the rules might be adjusted again in the future, or each year", but sounds to me that he does not care anymore LOL. 

There is a question asking if he would miss the nervous during competition, and he said definitely not, because he will make what he is seeking for more competitive. I think he is more focusing on his heart and just get tired of playing with ISU lol. Just my 5 min take away. Again, Yuzu is always thinking and improving, so everything could be possible. 

:knc_yuzu2:

6 minutes ago, SummerMemories said:

I hold a slightly different idea here 0.0. I think he is quite clear that he would not miss the amateur competition during the press con, but he would bring more excitement to his programs so that fanyu would still feel that intense during competition. 

My take away from the presscon is that, the change in rule is the biggest (if not est then still the bigger) factor that lead to this decision, though he has been thinking about turning into pro for a while. He want to perform the programs that fit his passion for figure skating, but apparently that's not what the rules required or appreciate. He also said "the rules might be adjusted again in the future, or each year", but sounds to me that he does not care anymore LOL. 

There is a question asking if he would miss the nervous during competition, and he said definitely not, because he will make what he is seeking for more competitive. I think he is more focusing on his heart and just get tired of playing with ISU lol. Just my 5 min take away. Again, Yuzu is always thinking and improving, so everything could be possible. 

:knc_yuzu2:

Haha I agree.

Our job as fanyus is to not give lots of money to ISU now that Yuzu is out and give ISU the cold shoulder. It's what they deserve for what they did. 

Whilst also supporting Yuzu and just waiting patiently for whatever he wants to do next whether it be a competition comeback or just ice shows. 

I can see Yuzu competing in Summer games, archery or trap shooting

Discovering the translations of the interviews, please never ever again let Yuzu be subjected to that kind of mental cruelty.

If Yuzu decides that he wants to compete in FS in the future.

By all means. but only after a complete investigation and overhaul of the IJS, with robust safeguards to ensure that bias in judging is removed by use of high def multi angle camera system and AI movement analysis with a review and instant appeal system, for GOE, like Gymnastics and transparent judging and refereeing process. ISU should be placed on probation, having to demonstrate strict adherence to a pre agreed code of practice, good governance and external audit for all competitions and competition results, having to report to and be subject to regular review by a larger International Sports governing body or ombudsman. 

3 hours ago, liv said:

I also thought he might leave that door slightly open. I think if anything he will "come back" maybe just long enough to land his 4A in competition when he is sure he can do it successfully, then retire again.  He would not care about the rules/GOEs/PCS or any of that stuff if he does come back for a short while, so then it would not be about getting a medal. Maybe just my fantasy :-  he can fulfill his dream (even though he said he doesn't care about landing in competition,  he still may like to).